NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
OKC desperately needs a 3rd option scorer who can actually score. Did the bench fall flat? Yeah, but that blame partially lies on Brooks. Seriously, he rode his starting 5, which means he rode his 2 best players for 40 minutes, even when they were up 30 in the last game. WHY?! And take into account the whole season where it seemed the bench rarely got playing time, so what did he expect when they got some in the Playoffs? Oh right, nothing because he never plans to use his bench, just Durant & Westbrook with Ibaka on defense; the bench has no rhythm because they never play & now they're having to deal with the pressure of the Playoffs. It's no wonder only Fisher scored those bench points, he's the only one with Finals experience as Butler was out during our Mavs run.

The team plays too much ISO trying to get Durant open, Westbrook freezes out his teammates by playing hero ball (which thankfully for OKC, he delivered as the best player for OKC in the playoffs; see the Knicks for when it goes wrong through Melo), and Brooks relies far too much on them both to win. You will not win that way because all it takes is 1 of the 2 to have a bad night, and the entire team suffers, I've said it before. This team has zero backup plans.

During the off season, the team needs to either learn how to sco...no, play together to take pressure off Durant & Westbrook, or get rid of Brooks. His game plan has zero chance against veteran teams like Dallas & San Antonio that rely on team basketball to win. This is something even Miami adopts on occasion when James starts racking up assists & throws pin point out lets. OKC has a lot of work to do.

I guess. I'm not going to cheer for anyone cause OKC has been the one of two teams I follow since it started and I am quite annoyed with how they operate. Also the Heat are just a team I can't stand but I would probably give a partial cheer to see them beat the old men of SA

As a Suns fan though I can't support SA with a clear mind.

I guess. I'm not going to cheer for anyone cause OKC has been the one of two teams I follow since it started and I am quite annoyed with how they operate. Also the Heat are just a team I can't stand but I would probably give a partial cheer to see them beat the old men of SA

As I suns fan, my hatred of the heat actually allows me to somewhat want the spurs to win. If only Phoenix was able to sneak in as the 8 seed..

As I suns fan, my hatred of the heat actually allows me to somewhat want the spurs to win. If only Phoenix was able to sneak in as the 8 seed..

You mean like five years ago, or better yet when they were one of the final four and lost to the Lakers? I wish they'd get back to play off caliber and I think the pieces are there to do it. At the moment they feel too much like the early and mid 2000s and that's just not fun to watch.

So we got the Miami Heat vs. the San Antonio Spurs for the O'Brien Trophy. Heat is thinking Dynasty; Spurs are thinking payback, not to mention having more reason to brag about how damn cool they are. The first Finals match is this Thursday in San Antonio. We got a lot of time to think about this matchup before the first Finals game is actually played, so...

...who will win the NBA Championship this season: MIA or SA (and in how many games)?

You always pick the old man that plays fundamentals to win.

And I pick SA in 7.

So the last of the awards, the all-NBA teams, are in! Here's the results.
First Team

Kevin Durant, F, Oklahoma City Thunder

LeBron James, F, Miami Heat

Joakim Noah, C, Chicago Bulls

Chris Paul, G, Los Angeles Clippers

James Harden, G, Houston Rockets

Second Team

Blake Griffin, F, Los Angeles Clippers

Kevin Love, F, Minnesota Timberwolves

Dwight Howard, C, Houston Rockets

Stephen Curry, G, Golden St. Warriors

Tony Parker, G, San Antonio Spurs

Third Team

Paul George, F, Indiana Pacers

LaMarcus Aldridge, F, Portland Trail Blazers

Al Jefferson, C, Charlotte Bobcats

Goran Dragic, G, Phoenix Suns

Damian Lillard, G, Portland Trail Blazers

Earlier today, I read on ESPN's Bottom Line that Donald Sterling has dropped his $1B USD suing of the NBA and allowed the Clippers' sale be made. Anyone care to respond to this decision by Donald Sterling?

Earlier today, I read on ESPN's Bottom Line that Donald Sterling has dropped his $1B USD suing of the NBA and allowed the Clippers' sale be made. Anyone care to respond to this decision by Donald Sterling?

Glad the saga is over :lol:

Wtf is with this NBA first team:

2013-14 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM

PositionPlayer, Team (1st Team Votes)Points
ForwardKevin Durant, Oklahoma City (125)625
ForwardLeBron James, Miami (124)623
CenterJoakim Noah, Chicago (101)551
GuardJames Harden, Houston (73) 502
GuardChris Paul, L.A. Clippers (86)540

2013-14 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

ForwardBlake Griffin, L.A. Clippers (5)350
ForwardKevin Love, Minnesota (2)237
CenterDwight Howard, Houston (9)226
GuardStephen Curry, Golden State (65)489
GuardTony Parker, San Antonio (14)210

2013-14 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

ForwardPaul George, Indiana (4)171
ForwardLaMarcus Aldridge, Portland (2)159
CenterAl Jefferson, Charlotte (4)191
GuardGoran Dragic, Phoenix (1)115
GuardDamian Lillard, Portland (2)115

The first team is all a bunch of point guards. Except for Harden, I think all of those guys play the point at least half the time. Even Noah. How did Westbrook not make at least the third team? Was he injured? Goran Dragic? Seriously?

Put Curry instead of Paul on the first team and that would be one hell of a lineup. Shooting squad.

I can't believe Noah is the best center in the NBA though. Dwight Howard is such a loser.

The first team is all a bunch of point guards. Except for Harden, I think all of those guys play the point at least half the time. Even Noah. How did Westbrook not make at least the third team? Was he injured? Goran Dragic? Seriously?
Do you watch any of these teams when they're not playing the Heat? Out of the 1st squad, only Paul (naturally) & Harden play point more often than not followed by James. Durant can't play the point because he's far too relied on to make shots, not call plays. And Noah very rarely ever does anything similar to a point guard unless he's trying to get one of the Bulls' PGs into position.
Put Curry instead of Paul on the first team and that would be one hell of a lineup. Shooting squad.
Curry doesn't need to replace Paul, he needs to replace Harden.
I can't believe Noah is the best center in the NBA though. Dwight Howard is such a loser.
Noah carried the Bulls this season, that's why he made it. Howard went right back to leading the league in rebounds & blocks before the LA fiasco.

...and then, there were two. The two best- and maybe the luckiest- will clash to determine who wins the O'Brien Trophy and the honor of being declared NBA Champions (not "World" Champions, mind you). At least four games will determine the champs of this season of NBA basketball. Game 1 is tonight in San Antonio. It's the Miami Heat at the San Antonio Spurs.

Good luck to both MIA and SA in this series. May the better team win the championship.

Omnis how dare you challenge Noah's placement on the All-NBA First Team. :cool:

Dwight Howard does have the raw talent, but what separates him from Noah is that Noah is a focused warrior while Howard is the big goof that likes to smile at YouTube videos of cats.

Legend has it that if Noah doesn't out hustle another and you see it, you turn into stone.

If we talk about bad defense , Lillard, Curry, Love, Jefferson and Parker are interchangeable with Harden.
True, but none of them freeze up under intense situations like Harden does. Curry & Lillard usually rise to it.
Omnis how dare you challenge Noah's placement on the All-NBA First Team. :cool:

Dwight Howard does have the raw talent, but what separates him from Noah is that Noah is a focused warrior while Howard is the big goof that likes to smile at YouTube videos of cats.

Legend has it that if Noah doesn't out hustle another and you see it, you turn into stone.
Despite the fact that Howard lead Noah in points/game, rebounds, & blocks?

The reason Noah won it is due to an amazing breakout he had this season. Howard was still the 2nd best center in the league.

Last edited:
@McLaren: Yes despite the fact Howard leads in those stats, I believe Noah leads all centers in assists, and is arguably THE team leader after Rose went down and Deng got traded. Howard may lead stats, but Noah leads a team. That is why Noah got more MVP votes than Howard no? Because coaches actually look at tangibles not on paper, unlike the All-star votes where fans vote for anyone with sexy scoring. Which surprised me that Noah made it to the All-Star game, though I guess the many Bulls fans (and there are many) have voted for him enough times for him to be sent.

I like Howard, I really do, but for some reason he just doesn't show that will power Noah has in him to win. Maybe perhaps it has to do with Noah actually winning a championship at the College level or the Church/Mosque (;)) of Thibs having something to do with that.

@McLaren: Yes despite the fact Howard leads in those stats, I believe Noah leads all centers in assists, and is arguably THE team leader after Rose went down and Deng got traded. Howard may lead stats, but Noah leads a team. That is why Noah got more MVP votes than Howard no? Because coaches actually look at tangibles not on paper, unlike the All-star votes where fans vote for anyone with sexy scoring. Which surprised me that Noah made it to the All-Star game, though I guess the many Bulls fans (and there are many) have voted for him enough times for him to be sent.
I don't disagree, in fact, I said that myself.
Noah carried the Bulls this season, that's why he made it. Howard went right back to leading the league in rebounds & blocks before the LA fiasco.

Doesn't mean there's a huge difference between the 2 at their position, Noah just stepped up to the plate as a leader.

I don't disagree, in fact, I said that myself.

Doesn't mean there's a huge difference between the 2 at their position, Noah just stepped up to the plate as a leader.

So we just argued even though we agreed huh? :lol:

Well anyway, I hope the best Power Forward in the game aka Tim Duncan delivers on game 1. This Spurs team knows they let last year slip away from them.

Well 2 years ago he went to the finals with OKC with many clutch performances in those playoffs (something that none of the mentioned players did) and if Thunder front office wasn't so cheap, they had a chance at making a dynasty out of that team.

Plus, last time I checked all of them will be watching game 1 of the Finals just like you and me. On TV.

Do you watch any of these teams when they're not playing the Heat? Out of the 1st squad, only Paul (naturally) & Harden play point more often than not followed by James. Durant can't play the point because he's far too relied on to make shots, not call plays. And Noah very rarely ever does anything similar to a point guard unless he's trying to get one of the Bulls' PGs into position.

Curry doesn't need to replace Paul, he needs to replace Harden.

No, actually. But that's because I don't have cable, and we don't get many western conf games anyway.

Everything the first team has in common: they make plays and are great defenders. Perhaps you're right about Harden. Durant can call plays and take shots. Noah played this year like I play centers on 2K14. He made plays all over the place. Didn't just hang out in the key. He played more PG than Derrick Rose, all from the center position.

Back