NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
Can't take the heat? Get out of... San Antonio? 110-95 was the root canal Miami had to take in Game 1 of 2014 NBA Finals. Ouch. There were air conditioning problems in San Antonio, but that did nothing to cool down San Antonio fizzling out the Heat- at least on this night.

Game 2 is on Sunday. Are we looking at 2-0, San Antonio; or a 1-1 tie after Sunday? We shall see.

It's a conspiracy! When Mario Chalmers is good, he's great. When Mario Chalmers is bad, he stinks.

I bet that AT&T center smelled like armpit-flavored burrito. 110-95 not just the score but the temperature range on the floor under the lights. What an embarassment.

My uncle and I called it-- whoever melted in the 4th quarter was going to lose. Lebron broke first. Spurs pounced. This is going to be a great series. If they don't have the A/C fixed by Sunday they need to move it next door.

Well 2 years ago he went to the finals with OKC with many clutch performances in those playoffs (something that none of the mentioned players did) and if Thunder front office wasn't so cheap, they had a chance at making a dynasty out of that team.

Plus, last time I checked all of them will be watching game 1 of the Finals just like you and me. On TV.
Harden choked in the Finals with OKC, though. He was the biggest weapon against the Spurs, but failed to show up afterwards.

c7mvZWr.jpg

All Sport: Because elite Athletes prefer to play 3 quarters.

So the last of the awards, the all-NBA teams, are in! Here's the results.
First Team

Kevin Durant, F, Oklahoma City Thunder

LeBron James, F, Miami Heat

Joakim Noah, C, Chicago Bulls

Chris Paul, G, Los Angeles Clippers

James Harden, G, Houston Rockets

Second Team

Blake Griffin, F, Los Angeles Clippers

Kevin Love, F, Minnesota Timberwolves

Dwight Howard, C, Houston Rockets

Stephen Curry, G, Golden St. Warriors

Tony Parker, G, San Antonio Spurs

Third Team

Paul George, F, Indiana Pacers

LaMarcus Aldridge, F, Portland Trail Blazers

Al Jefferson, C, Charlotte Bobcats

Goran Dragic, G, Phoenix Suns

Damian Lillard, G, Portland Trail Blazers
Chris Paul really? I think Curry is better for first team but whatever. Other might say he isn't consistent enough I suppose.

True, but none of them freeze up under intense situations like Harden does. Curry & Lillard usually rise to it.

Lillard rises to the situation, above the situation and way beyond it, dude's got clutch!

That's ridiculous though. I'd rather play outside in 100 degree heat than be in a stagnant gym without any AC.

I think Lebron cramped because his legs must've been hot as hell with all that compression sleeve **** he was wearing.

Some people say the game probably should have been postponed so people can work on the air conditioning in the arena. Would you have postponed the game to fix AC issues? Before you answer- remember that this is for the championship, so you don't want little things to screw up the chance at becoming league champion. So would you have postponed the game or let the game continue as planned?

According to a report I saw on CBS Sports Network's Bottom Line, the air conditioning problem at the AT&T Center has been fixed as of this post.

Some people say the game probably should have been postponed so people can work on the air conditioning in the arena. Would you have postponed the game to fix AC issues? Before you answer- remember that this is for the championship, so you don't want little things to screw up the chance at becoming league champion. So would you have postponed the game or let the game continue as planned?

According to a report I saw on CBS Sports Network's Bottom Line, the air conditioning problem at the AT&T Center has been fixed as of this post.

I think there was no reason to post-pone it, everyone had the same conditions.

That's ridiculous though. I'd rather play outside in 100 degree heat than be in a stagnant gym without any AC.

I think Lebron cramped because his legs must've been hot as hell with all that compression sleeve **** he was wearing.

Depends if it's necessary to wear them all the time or not, I know I have compression sleeves for my legs and they're for healing.

Then again if it was that bad he should've gone to locker room and taken them off.

All I'm going to say is that players on the Heat, notably Allen, Bosh, and Battier played through it.

Ray Allen didn't start. Ray Allen does not play point forward, the most demanding position in basketball. Gotta give him props though... he was really hustling out there. Too bad he missed so many 3s. Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers were both gassed. Wade was done after the 1st quarter. So gassed he let people drive right by him. Lebron cramped. Why? He's the only player driving to the rim, the only one getting rebounds, the one that's using the most power and moving most explosively. The only other person doing that on the court was Tony Parker, and Paddy Mills played most of the game.

But let's look at the other side... Spurs had almost 30 turnovers. LOLWUT. That never happens. The broken A/C definitely lowered the quality of basketball on display. These are the finals that are being broadcast WORLDWIDE. It should be the pinnacle of performance for the entirety of the sport. It wasn't, because dem big girls in san antonio clogged up the A/C.

It's odd timing I got some minor calf cramps in my Thursday night game for the first time (was also wearing compression). I was playing pretty hard.

Just the next day (morning) was game 1 and LBJ's major cramps.

My calf got worse as I got older. In my 30's, I had to start hydrating the night before, stretch like a mother trucker as soon as I got to the gym & chug Gatorade between games. I never had to be carried off the court though. I'm not one of those guys who question Lebron's toughness, but going by his reaction after the injury, he really is a wimp, or that wasn't just a cramp. I don't know, that was my impression anyway.

I was told by a Miami fan at work that our next game is Sunday? Jesus. :rolleyes: Go Spurs.

Jay
It's odd timing I got some minor calf cramps in my Thursday night game for the first time (was also wearing compression). I was playing pretty hard.

Just the next day (morning) was game 1 and LBJ's major cramps.

You play? Damn, I wish you were in QLD, I need a couple extra players on my team for next season.

You play? Damn, I wish you were in QLD, I need a couple extra players on my team for next season.

Yeah I started playing again a few months ago after spending the last year getting back in shape, loving it.

Jay
Yeah I started playing again a few months ago after spending the last year getting back in shape, loving it.

I'd love to play but you see my lack of size and my athleticism deteriorating after graduating high school I choose to play pick-up ball with friends instead :lol:

I'd love to play but you see my lack of size and my athleticism deteriorating after graduating high school I choose to play pick-up ball with friends instead :lol:

It's a little OT, but how tall are you? For the past 5yrs I've been playing in the local A Reserve/B grade competition (small city, it's not as tough as in Brisbane for example), but after my B grade team more or less dissolved I played this season with a friend from church's D grade team. In that grade, mere knowledge of the game will make you good, previous playing experience (streetball, school, what ever) better, any residual talent a star. There's a guy in the grade who's probably only ~5'6" and only has functional use of one arm. There's a guy on my team who may only be around, at a guess, ~5'8", has screws in his ankles and basically no athelticism. Point is, I'm sure you could find a grade level to play at in which you feel comfortable.

Edit: BTW, if there are any South-East QLD GTP'ers who can play on here, hit me up, I'm trying to put my B Grade team back together and need two more players.

I agree with Paulie, there are teams for pretty much all levels of players, it's all about enjoying yourself. Not to mention athleticism will start to return once you get into the swing of things again. Then you will substitute size for quickness.

Lebron got cramps , it just shows that he is human after all (..cue Daft Punk album).

Just like Omnis said, he plays very demanding position and since 2010 he played over 100 games every season (with around 80 playoff games which intensity is doubled at least in comparison to regular season) plus Olympic tournament.

He'll be fine and he'll have few monster games this series. Great time to be a basketball fan.

It's a little OT, but how tall are you? For the past 5yrs I've been playing in the local A Reserve/B grade competition (small city, it's not as tough as in Brisbane for example), but after my B grade team more or less dissolved I played this season with a friend from church's D grade team. In that grade, mere knowledge of the game will make you good, previous playing experience (streetball, school, what ever) better, any residual talent a star. There's a guy in the grade who's probably only ~5'6" and only has functional use of one arm. There's a guy on my team who may only be around, at a guess, ~5'8", has screws in his ankles and basically no athelticism. Point is, I'm sure you could find a grade level to play at in which you feel comfortable.

Apparently I'm about 5'9" ~ 5'10" but the leagues around my place are mad competitive :lol:

It's Game 2 of the NBA Finals tonight. Either San Antonio leads the series 2-0, or Miami assures at least a fifth game with a win tonight in San Antonio before the series shifts back to Miami.

Good luck to both teams tonight.

We're assured at least a Game 5 of the 2013-2014 NBA Finals after San Antonio failed 98-96 in Game 2 of these Finals. LeBron James had 35 points and 10 rebounds. The series is tied 1-1. No air conditioning problems, no cramps for LeBron... just the black and silver being defeated in a much tighter Game 2 than in Game 1.

Game 3 is this Tuesday as the series shifts to Miami!

Quite an epic game, the Heat-Spurs series of these past two years will probably go down in history as a pair of the all time memorables, so glad we're here to witness it. It felt like a carbon copy of game 1 though, most of the same players producing in the same ways, right up to when Lebron didn't cramp up and closed out the game for Miami.

OT from the Finals: Derek Fisher in talks to coach the Knicks. What's he going to do? Teach 'em how to flop & screw people over?
And whose next to this organization? Lamar? Gasol? Jackson seems way to intent on bringing back players from his championship days.

Hopefully Melo ops out & goes to the Bulls, honestly. Seeing if Thibs could work him, Noah, & Rose (god forbid he sits out another season), it'd be a dangerous trio.

Back