NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
San Antonio had their fun in Games 1 and 2. Now, it's Miami's turn for the next two games. Game 3 of the NBA Finals is tonight as the Spurs will meet the Heat in Miami. This series WILL return to San Antonio after Miami's Game 2 win, and it WILL go to at least a Game 5. But how much further will this series go?

Good luck to SA and MIA tonight.

Rumor Mill heating up. Miami is looking to add 'Melo. Of course that would need the Big 3 to all opt out and all restructure (possible).

I can't see Spo getting the most out of Melo like Thibs can; he'd let him continue his stop-the-ball routine that plagued the Knicks when he & Amar'e shared the floor.

Before the series returns to San Antonio, Game 4 is tonight in Miami. SA leads the series 2-1. Are we looking at a Game 6? We are if the Heat win tonight.

Good luck to both teams tonight.

Heat no longer have those players like Battier & Miller hitting those huge shots to help out the Trio, whilst the Spurs bench has gotten better & a rising superstar in Leonard.

Instead of grabbing another superstar to score, how about Miami work on getting everyone to play together instead of letting James handle everything and push Wade's ass into retirement? No one showed up besides James (10-17; 28 points). Wade shot 3-13 & Bosh shot 5-11.

Spurs should be putting an end to this Super Justice Team crap everyone is going after; it doesn't work if no one can actually play as a team & you want to rely on your Top 2 guys to score. Hell, OKC is proof enough it doesn't work in the long run.

Edit* BTW, why does it seem like the Birdman hasn't been playing as much? Or even Oden?

Last edited:
Miami is overrated! At least... that is what San Antonio would want you to believe based on the Heat getting pimp-slapped 107-86 tonight by San Antonio. Games 3 and 4 go to San Antonio. Miami's home cooking didn't make one iota of a difference. One more win for the black and silver, and the Heat's three-peat run will fall one title short. Miami right now are in the same boat of must-win to win the title in the NBA as the New York Rangers are currently in the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals.

Game 5 is on Sunday in San Antonio.

Instead of grabbing another superstar to score, how about Miami work on getting everyone to play together instead of letting James handle everything and push Wade's ass into retirement? No one showed up besides James (10-17; 28 points). Wade shot 3-13 & Bosh shot 5-11.

Spurs should be putting an end to this Super Justice Team crap everyone is going after; it doesn't work if no one can actually play as a team & you want to rely on your Top 2 guys to score. Hell, OKC is proof enough it doesn't work in the long run.

Edit* BTW, why does it seem like the Birdman hasn't been playing as much? Or even Oden?

Because they can't move to match the speed and the motion of the Spurs on offense. Honestly, they look like they hotboxed the plane ride home to Miami because they've been in slowmotion on both sides of the ball. It's honestly embarrassing. The Hawks could have beaten this team with the way they're playing.

Shooting sucks. Nobody except for Haslem knows how to box out (alas, he is not tall or long enough to dominate the boards) Dribbling and setting up plays sucks. Birdman has gotten a ton of minutes but he still can't rebound.

This team looks exactly like the hot mess they were when they lost to Dallas. Chris Bosh really needs to step up and play like a big man. He has been absolutely terrible this series. So have the point guards. Wade and James have almost no motion whatsoever. They just stand there and walk the ball up the court. WTF. Wade looks like he doesn't even know where he is.

Lebron should enlist carmello and make it the big 4. Maybe then he can win another title

No way in Hell should the NBA allow that. Nor would the Miami Least's:P cap and tax on top would allow for it.

Come to Chicago Melo.:cheers:

And with the way the Spurs are just man handling the Heat, this should be done this Sunday.:cool:

Any votes for Finals MVP yet? I pick Leonard.

Last edited:
I think the officiating went San Antonio's way in the last two games. They get that + shooting going your way, I don't care who you are, you will not be able to beat them. Wade & some of his teammates did look VERY old & slow. At times, they looked like they had two steak dinners just before the game. Very lethargic & lot of standing around(in the Finals!).

Should Miami offense actually speed up & hustle a bit more, call start going their way, anything's possible. Of course, I think they said that nobody's come back from a 1-3 hole in the Finals + after their pathetic display in tonight's game, I don't think they believe they could beat the Spurs.

I've been waiting for Chalmers to turn it around anytime now. Instead, it's almost as though he's rubbing off on the rest of his team.

No way in Hell should the NBA allow that. Nor would the Miami Least's:P cap and tax on top would allow for it.

Come to Chicago Melo.:cheers:

I read somewhere, I believe it was ESPN, that the Heat are talking about taking pay cuts dependent on Melo's decision. IF that happens, and Miami does end up with a Big 4, I will be done with basketball. I am already sick of players demanding and getting coaching changes. I'm sick of the flopping, the allegations, immature and unsportsmanlike plays. If one team was able to have that much of a Monopoly over the rest of the league, it would be the straw that broke this camel's back.

James & Wade said they have heard nothing from management about them pursuing Melo, which means none of them have been approached by management to take pay cuts. I can't see James doing it if he loses these Finals & Wade seems like he'll be far too stubborn as well, despite the fact he deserves a pay cut out of all of them due to his age & time with the Heat. His legs are no longer there to warrant such giant paychecks like LeBron & Bosh.

It's so hard to keep track on what is really going on anymore. So many media outlets reporting different stories.

I can honestly see the lower tier players being asked. Not James or Wade, though. I guess only time will tell the true story. No matter what, Melo isn't going to be happy anywhere.

You can't ask lower tier players to take pay cuts when they're already restricted to limited minutes & their only major time to play is during garbage time. The NBPA would probably step in as well & deem it unfair.

I know that you're really not supposed to ask. That doesn't always mean the rule will be followed. And I'd certainly hope the NBPA would step in that case. But if the Heat are that dead set on getting Anthony, and Anthony is dead set on being a Heat(?), they will find a way. That's what I really dislike about the NBA right now. The players are the ones really running the system in my opinion. The rules have seemingly put turned upside down.

Great game from the Spurs today, glad Mills contributed 14pts. Stick a fork in this championship, it's done, and Australia is getting two more championships rings!:dopey: Technically we have two players with them already, but Andrew Gaze didn't play to earn his. Longley of course being the other player with some.

<<<< For @Paulie

Go Spurs baby.

Thanks.:cheers::lol: There was actually a good article on Bleacher Report today about the Aussie hoops growth we're experiencing lately which focuses on Patty Mills. I wasn't aware until recently just how much work he's put in to be as productive as he was this season.👍
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-explosion-and-the-nba-finals-is-just-a-start

Last edited:
Last few years, one of the subtopics of the Spurs Finals has been about the perception by some fans how Spurs are "boring to watch". I haven't heard that a single time this year. Thank god.

I know that you're really not supposed to ask. That doesn't always mean the rule will be followed. And I'd certainly hope the NBPA would step in that case. But if the Heat are that dead set on getting Anthony, and Anthony is dead set on being a Heat(?), they will find a way. That's what I really dislike about the NBA right now. The players are the ones really running the system in my opinion. The rules have seemingly put turned upside down.
The rule has to be followed. There is a minimum & a maximum pay roll for players that is dependent on years & a percentage of the team's cap. You can't ask your lower guys to take cuts when they're already factored in by the organization to meet the pay rules & be fair to their playing time. That's why Duncan & Dirk took pay cuts; they're at the end of their careers and they have the most to give back to the team to help win. A lower tier player's salary being cut will hardly make a dent in what the organization needs.

Or they can pull a Prokhorov & go, "Whatever, whatever, I'll sign who I want. F the cap".

The rule has to be followed. There is a minimum & a maximum pay roll for players that is dependent on years & a percentage of the team's cap. You can't ask your lower guys to take cuts when they're already factored in by the organization to meet the pay rules & be fair to their playing time. That's why Duncan & Dirk took pay cuts; they're at the end of their careers and they have the most to give back to the team to help win. A lower tier player's salary being cut will hardly make a dent in what the organization needs.

Or they can pull a Prokhorov & go, "Whatever, whatever, I'll sign who I want. F the cap".

I knew that the pay cut for the lower players wouldn't matter in the long run. But I had no idea about the rest. Excuse my nativity on the subject. And thank you for the free lesson on basketball operations. 👍

I still say, if some how, some way, Melo needs up in Miami, I'm boycotting the whole darn sport.

Back