NBA 2016-2017 Draft, Preseason and Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 405 comments
Tonight is the season debut of ABC covering some Saturday Night NBA hoops. It's the San Antonio Spurs at the Cleveland Cavaliers tonight. My Rockets will be at Memphis. Whatever your team(s) is/are up to tonight, have a great weekend. Play hard!

140 on the Pelicans? That's got to suck. Hard. Oh- I just saw the score from Friday: 143-114, Brooklyn winning at New Orleans. Yeah... that REALLY sucks, and to a (then) 8-win team.

That was literally the worst 🤬 foul call i have ever seen in the history of the NBA. The Kings got absolutely 🤬 robbed.

Back end of a back-to-back for the Houston Rockets. This time, we won. 119-95 was the score in Memphis as the Houston Rockets took down fellow Southwest Division foes Memphis. The boys of Graceland couldn't handle the Rockets on this night.

Congratulations to all other winners from Saturday.

Thon Maker got to start for the Bucks and played 18mins today! He scored 6pts on the back of a 3 and some free throws, but man it's good starting to see him get more opportunities lately. Delly also had 15pts 7ast, good to see him have a form game.

IMG_3379.JPG
Dallas handed the Lakers it's worse loss in franchise history, on the date of Kobe's 81 point game; keep in mind of that historical achievement when looking at the scoreboard. It is also Dallas' 13th consecutive win against LA.

Great game to witness. Dallas at one point was 50% from the field and 45% from 3. LA struggled in the 30% region and I believe was well under 20% from 3.

McLaren's Dallas Mavericks destroyed the Los Angeles Lakers 122-73 in Dallas. This 49-point loss is the biggest loss in franchise history for LAL. Misery loves company, so Paulie's Toronto Raptors failed at home to the Phoenix Suns 115-103.

Congrats to the Mavs, the Suns, and everybody else who won today/tonight.

The Rockets have cooled off. Latest loss- 127-114 at Milwaukee. Seemed like the Houston Rockets couldn't miss. Nowadays, we can't win consistently. I hope my boys can get it together and not suffer embarrassment.

Congratulations to the other winners from Monday.

What has happened to the Houston Rockets? Our visit to Boston didn't go well at all. The Celtics beat my Rockets 120-109. So we're stuck on 34 or 35 wins. Rockets really need to get it together and play with fire like they previously have done.

Congratulations to the other Wednesday winners.

What has happened to the Houston Rockets? Our visit to Boston didn't go well at all. The Celtics beat my Rockets 120-109. So we're stuck on 34 or 35 wins. Rockets really need to get it together and play with fire like they previously have done.

A lot of the top teams seem to be suffering slumps lately, including the Cavs, Raptors and Thunder.

Geez, what on Earth is going on in Chicago right now? Public spats, disciplinary benchings and a fair amount of losing. Full blown meltdown.
Good to see the Raptors get a W today, even better when Thon Maker scored 8pts in the 2nd quarter alone (he didn't play the rest of the game), while Delly added 11.

The losing stops. The Houston Rockets won 123-118 at the Philadelphia 76ers last night. So my team did good last night. Maybe yours did too...

Indianapolis, Indiana. The Houston Rockets at one end of the court, and the Indiana Pacers on the other. Let's play roundball. And well... we sucked. Bad. Pacers won 120-101. Rockets could barely sink a three into any of the Great Lakes tonight.

Congratulations to Saturday's other winners, including the Atlanta Hawks needing four Overtimes to sink the New York Knicks in the ATL- the 11th ever 4OT game in NBA history.

Houston will play a series of four games at home, starting tonight with the Sacramento Kings. We did good... great, actually. The Rockets won 105-83 over the boys from California's capital city. James Harden was NOT the leading scorer in this game; Ryan Anderson was with 25 points. The aforementioned James Harden scored only 10 points. We are now 36-16 on the season. I just hope my boys can keep up their winning form and continue to knock down win after win. Let me tell you something. Right now, the Rockets are fast approaching their win total from last regular season, and we're not even at the All-Star Break yet. This team is playing MUCH better than last season, and I couldn't be any more proud as a Rockets fan.

Elsewhere...

...we got some beef between LeBron James and Charles Barkley. The criticism Barkley gave about LeBron James is about LBJ being selective in wanting certain talent to be around him. More info on Yahoo! Sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron...-to-know-screw-charles-barkley-155100185.html . What do you think of Charles Barkley's comments about LeBron? And do you think Barkley is justified?

Congratulations to all other winners from Tuesday, including the Toronto Raptors holding off the New Orleans Pelicans in Overtime in Toronto (a Stavingo vs. Paulie showdown).

It's February 2017. Later this month will be the NBA All-Star Game from New Orleans on February 19. It's time I give an update. Before teams start shooting baskets, dunking on each other, fouling each other... here is a Standings update. Find your favorite team(s):

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
ATLANTIC: Boston (30-18), TOR (30-19), NY (21-29), PHI (18-29), BKN (9-39)
CENTRAL: Cleveland (32-15), IND (25-22), CHI (24-25), MIL (21-26), DET (21-27)
SOUTHEAST: Washington and Atlanta (28-20 each), CHA (23-26), MIA (19-30), ORL (19-31)

EAST PLAYOFFS AT PRESENT (top 8 only): Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, WAS, ATL, IND, CHI, CHA

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
NORTHWEST: Utah (30-19), OKC (28-21), DEN (21-26), POR (22-28), MIN (19-29)
PACIFIC: Golden State (41-7), LAC (30-18), SAC (19-30), LAL (17-34), PHX (15-33)
SOUTHWEST: San Antonio (37-11), HOU (36-16), MEM (29-21), NO (19-30), DAL (18-30)

WEST PLAYOFFS AT PRESENT (top 8 only): Golden State, San Antonio, HOU, LAC, Utah, MEM, OKC, DEN

There is still plenty of season left, and nobody has officially been eliminated or clinched anything. So keep fighting to make the playoffs!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

Rockets fans... remember Dwight Howard? Well, DH12 is now with the Atlanta Hawks, and his Hawks downed my Rockets 113-108. Nothing as bad as one player going to another team and beating that former team. Sadly, that's the fate we were dealt tonight.

Congratulations to all other teams who didn't fail on this Thursday night.

After failing last night to the Atlanta Hawks at home, how do my Rockets respond? It all depends on what the Chicago Bulls wanted to do down here in H-Town. This one couldn't be settled in 48 minutes and four quarters. So an extra five minutes was needed to help the Rockets win 121-117.

Congratulations to Friday's other winners, including a magical performance by the Orlando Magic in taming the Toronto Raptors in Orlando.

In Houston and in hosting the Orlando Magic, it was 128-104 in favor of the Houston Rockets. Hakeem Olajuwon was honored tonight in this game. James Harden had a double-double with 25 points and 13 assists. This home stand for the Rockets is now over.

Congratulations to the other winners from Tuesday.

The Houston Rockets went out to NASCAR country for some basketball action. Playing at the Charlotte Hornets, we won 107-95. James Harden was 2 assists shy of a triple-double. Still, he put up 30 points and 11 rebounds to help the Rockets' cause.

Elsewhere...

By now, you've probably heard of the whole deal involving Charles Oakley getting ejected and arrested for his tirade and his actions at the Knicks game on Wednesday against the Nets. People have had their say on all sorts of media. I don't have a concrete reaction to what happened, but it all just seemed 100% Bush League how the New York Knicks handled the C. Oakley situation.

Congratulations to all other winners from Thursday, including wins at home by Oklahoma City (vs. Cleveland) and Dallas (vs. Utah).

133-102 was what my Houston Rockets won by when hosting the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night. We now have hit the 40 wins mark as we continue our winning ways.

Elsewhere...

* All good things must come to an end. The Miami Heat were burning up with their winning streak of 12 or so games. That all came to an end as the Philadelphia 76ers iced the Heat 117-109 in Philadelphia.

* Misery loves company, so Brett's Oklahoma City Thunder took some serious chin music when the Golden State Warriors whacked OKC 130-114 in Oklahoma City.

* VERY sad news to report to end this section. Fab Melo died at the age of 26 in his native Brazil. The cause of his death isn't known. Fab Melo used to be in the NBA as well as being a great player in college at Syracuse University. My condolences go out to all whom have known and loved him.

Congratulations to all other winners on Saturday, including McLaren's Dallas Mavericks smashing the Orlando Magic up in Dallas.

* Misery loves company, so Brett's Oklahoma City Thunder took some serious chin music when the Golden State Warriors whacked OKC 130-114 in Oklahoma City.

Not surprising. The Thunder do not have enough firepower to keep up with the Warriors and their defense is not nearly good enough on a consistent enough basis to make up for it. Fortunately, I did not watch much of the game. I missed out on most of it because I watched the incredibly awesome John Wick Chapter 2 instead.

The Raptors are really sucking, I basically knew they didn't have that "next step" in them, but I didn't think they'd regress like this so quickly. On the plus side, Thon Maker is getting decent minutes for the Bucks now and does some really good things, he shows signs of someone who could be an All-Star some day.

Last night, the Rockets failed. The Miami Heat came into Toyota Center and beat my Rockets at home 117-109. Not sure if the Rockets took the Heat lightly or thought they were going to hammer another team. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Some nights are like that.

Toronto traded for Serge Ibaka, thoughts? I personally always felt he was overrated but I'll have to wait and see if this was a good acquisition.

Latest Posts

Back