Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,699 comments
Remember, teaser trailers literally exist to make you get hyped over something you know nothing about outside of PR speak. Look at the facts, its still Ghost making the game, its still EA publishing. Don't be expecting some Epiphany on EA's part judging on 30 seconds of blurry un-focused 'gameplay'.

E3 will be telling, if it looks like MW2015/Rivals its getting dropped faster than EA can announce the inevitable season pass.

Speedhunters
How good does that look? All that footage was captured in-game, by the way…

mother_of_god_by_rober_raik-d4cw2di.png

Well at least I don't see Craig Sullivan being part of this project so I don't see this game being all about supercars, takedowns, boosting, and DRIFTING.

Trailers and Teasers do fool people who are thinking too much of it. I got the same disappointed feeling when I got GT6 and while I don't know much on NFS, the success of this game is still a questioning factor.

Night time only confirmed:

View attachment 370724

Thanks for the update. That's unfortunate but if the driving and the rest of the game is alright and the rest of the game is the opposite of what need for speed world was I.E. no pay to win or stupid crap like that then I'll take it.

I hope we do have rain/stormy weather though, I'm doubting we will tbh. Idk going back to its roots or rebooting the franchise I feel like these guys lost sight of what that really means. I am hoping for a more simcade handling style where I wouldn't mind using my G27 bleh. we'll see

My predictions were true about how NFS No Limits was hinting what NFS 2015 is going to be like. I think the customisation parts that appeared are shared with No Limits as well, because the Rocket Bunny and RTR kits are also found among their respective cars. Because of this I think the car list for No Limits is also shared with NFS 2015, so there can be a Ford Fiesta ST or Ferrari 458 Italia to appear.

Take a look at this photo and tell me if you see anything interesting.

upload_2015-5-22_11-29-53.png

Look at this:
Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 11.34.01 AM.png

If you've been reading the sim racing hardware section, you'd probably notice all the commotion about Logitech's rumored wheel: the G29 Driving Force. From this picture, it looks similar to what the rumored G29 looks like. No one knows for sure if that's the G29 itself, but that is not the point. The point is that NFS2015 might have wheel compatibility. (Hopefully it's actual FFB this time unlike Most Wanted 2012's vibrations.)

(Credits to @Thom Lee for spotting this out.)

After watching a few of trailer breakdowns and reading some posts, I thought about compiling all the information in one post.

So here it is:

First of all, the name:
As it is not a sequel to any of their old games, but a reboot combining best things of their previous games it will be simply called Need for Speed.

City and ambient:
screen-shot-2015-05-20-at-17.4-555dc16fee100.png

From the first clip of the teaser it is very clear that city is LA or atleast inspired by LA, with its signature skyline in background of the shot. Skyscrapers are not in the same positions as in the real LA, so it is probably latter.
Although some of the people say that there is going to be whole day-night cycle, many of the main resources suggest it wll be set only during night.
Whole trailer has a feeling of NFS UG, UG2 and mostly Carbon due to cops, and returning to street races during night, without stupid hypercar crashing.

And now the most important aspect, Cars:
It is seen that NFS is returning to days of UG and focusing on street and sport cars, without any sign of super and hypercars.
Traffic also appears in the teaser, with return of the white truck from NFS UG, and this time traffic is made up of real cars, like BMW 1Series.

Car list so far:
noriyaro- 'I’ve seen the car list. You can’t make everyone happy, but there’s enough in it to make me happy enough.'

1.2015 Spec 5 Ford RTR Mustang http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/11/2015-ford-mustang-rtr-spec-5/
01_nfs_announce-555cb577c3ce7.jpg

2.RWB Porsche 964 http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/11/car_feature_the_illest_rwb_porsche/ (this isn't the same car, exhausts, paint and front bumper are different, but this is closest looking car)
3.Nissan 180SX - with newer Rocket Bunny kit
4.Nissan Skyline KPGC10 -looks stock except FMIC that is mounted outside and it has a front lip
screen-shot-2015-05-20-at-17.5-555dcf8cd2b05.png

5.Subaru BRZ (im sure it isn't a FRS, it has a Subaru badge in the video) -with Rocket Bunny V2 kit and front/rear canards from Dai Yoshiara's FD BRZ
screen-shot-2015-05-20-at-17.5-555dd391b74be.png

6.Ford Crown Vic police cruiser
7.BMW 1-Series (only as traffic during the trailer)

Mods:
Developers say that they are focused on heavy and extensive tuning, confirmed by testers who have played the alpha like Alexi form Noriyaro and Justin Fox from Zen Garage. Everyone is really happy with tuning in game and article on Noriyaro says that they told deveopers to pay special attention to lowering and stance (offset).
Bodykits appear to be licensed from RWB and RB. One interesting thing is that in the teaser 180SX has the rear bumper, but in the pictures there isn't one. That is hopefully a sign that bumpers can be changed separately, not just the whole bodykits.
06_nfs_announce-555cb59925b38.jpg

Also Speedhunters logo on tires.
It is said that game will combine the best from past, current and upcoming trends.
And for the end, one very promising quote:'You will probably be able to build a replica of pretty much any cool car you see on the internet.'

Physics:
Probably based on Frostbite engine
Testers say that physics are different than last few NFS (finally) and that 'a lot of the game involves countersteering. Hooray!' opposed to tap the e-brake and car is going to drift itself.

Story/Gamemodes:
There isn't much info on the story, but it is probably going to be multyplayer based, as one of the sources said that you won't feel 'lonely' as in other racing games. Maybe even something like Forza's driveatar system.

Some names mentioned so far:
ANAKAI - license plate on Porsche
GHOST - license plate on BRZ (probably because developer is Ghost Games)

Sources:
CarThrottle http://www.carthrottle.com/
BlackPanthaa

TheSLAPTrain
Noriyaro
http://noriyaro.com/2015/05/it-has-what-we-want-need-for-speed-rebooted/
Zen Garage http://www.zengarage.com.au/2015/05/all-new-need-for-speed/
SpeedHunters
http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/05/need-for-speed-is-reborn-and-were-helping/

This is everything I was able to find now, next up is full trailer on 15.6. and hopefully some more info before that day.

Story/Gamemodes:
There isn't much info on the story, but it is probably going to be multyplayer based, as one of the sources said that you won't feel 'lonely' as in other racing games. Maybe even something like Forza's driveatar system.

Online/social features
Nilsson also stressed that the new Need for Speed will advance the seamless online mode from Rivals, AllDrive, offering players a range of new tools to help them start playing with friends and groups.

"We're doing a lot more with that now," Nilsson said about the new Need for Speed's online mode.

In the single-player story, other people can enter your game and interact with you. "So it creates a very almost distraction-based gameplay for you as you play in this world," he said.

From what I'm reading in the GameSpot article, it's saying that the story is single player based but people can join you. If you're familiar with AllDrive that was in Rivals, you'd understand it better. So for example, let's say you're doing a sprint race with the AI. Out of nowhere, a friend's car will appear while he's doing his OWN race. The two separate races can be going on at the same time.

From what I'm reading in the GameSpot article, it's saying that the story is single player based but people can join you. If you're familiar with AllDrive that was in Rivals, you'd understand it better. So for example, let's say you're doing a sprint race with the AI. Out of nowhere, a friend's car will appear while he's doing his OWN race. The two separate races can be going on at the same time.

I didn't know that, I never played Rivals, but that sounds awesome.

One more thing that I forgot to say in last post, there is going to be something more than just driving 'There’s going to be non-driving elements of the game that are much closer to the fun reality of being a scumbag streetracer than in other games.' from Noriyaro

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 12.18.29 PM.png

One thing that stood out to me was this: the cops don't have any kind of markings! Looks like they're trying to keep the location as secret as possible.

GAME lists release date as September.

CFn_kFFWEAAF5L6.png:large

Also, location and gameplay info.

"Ventura Bay". Maybe the city that we saw in the trailer (LA) is just part of the whole Ventura Bay area.

View attachment 370953

One thing that stood out to me was this: the cops don't have any kind of markings! Looks like they're trying to keep the location as secret as possible.

"Ventura Bay". Maybe the city that we saw in the trailer (LA) is just part of the whole Ventura Bay area.
I think the trailer probably showed off parts of the "downtown" area with maybe a peek at the harbour area?

View attachment 370953

That is definitely an L.A landscape in those pictures. The Harbor is down in Long Beach which is about 30 miles south, and I'm betting the canyons will be based around Mullholland just around Hollywood. I dont expect that big of a map, but thats the layout we can guess around.

That is definitely an L.A landscape in those pictures. The Harbor is down in Long Beach which is about 30 miles south, and I'm betting the canyons will be based around Mullholland just around Hollywood. I dont expect that big of a map, but thats the layout we can guess around.
Awesome stuff. If it is based on LA, would be cool if it was to scale. Or close to it at least

My interest is peaked even if it's going back to the 2nd generation of NFS & not its roots. I loved HP2010 but was completely turned off Most Wanted & the series since; don't know how Criterion managed to completely muck the physics up in it.

Canyon battles sound nice. I loved that in Carbon. Bring back the high intensity police chases of the original Most Wanted & i may just pick this up on release.

This is awesome it's another reason to get a ps4 and canyons are fun I wonder if there will be breakable barriers where you could fall off the canyon

My interest is peaked even if it's going back to the 2nd generation of NFS & not its roots. I loved HP2010 but was completely turned off Most Wanted & the series since; don't know how Criterion managed to completely muck the physics up in it.

Canyon battles sound nice. I loved that in Carbon. Bring back the high intensity police chases of the original Most Wanted & i may just pick this up on release.
*Brainstorming Idea*
CANYON PURSUITS!

Regarding the PC version, I don't know whey they are releasing this on Origin.

Is it that hard to be normal and release it on Steam like everyone else :lol:

They want to push their "platform" (so-to-say), because that means more control over their product, pricing and player base etc.

Honestly, what I only care about is that the car list is more in line with Carbon/Most Wanted and less UG/UG2. Sure, JDM and "Tuners" are nice and all, but one of the reasons I *LOVED* Carbon was for a game of it's genre it was very diverse.

So far that diversity looks like it's there. It's too early to tell right now, but I anticipate this to be a pre-order for me.

Why would EA release a game on a platform they're competing against?

Back