Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,699 comments
BlackPanthaa also said that Team VVV was invited as well. Their channel has already uploaded an impressions video of the teaser. I wonder who else was able to attend the game testing.

They say it's a reboot, but it feels more like a Best-Of Compilation to me.

In any case, to be a perfect Underground game they need:
- Car list biased to tuners (though some muscle and exotics are inevitable these days)
- Customization of every single visual parts of the car
- Proper performance tuning a la UG2 (with individual sliders, dyno tuning and acceleration tests - yes UG2 has all these)
- City based map with tight corners, freeways and perhaps canyon/mountain roads around the periphery
- Night only
- NO COPS (or if there are cops, make them non-intrusive when free roaming)
- Tight and grippy handling, none of this Criterion drifting EXCEPT a separate physics mode for drifting events
- Drag races with engine blows
- Canyon races with sudden death rules (falling off or left behind)
- Basic story (nothing too ridiculous like The Run, just enough in the background so the focus is on RACING)
- Soundtrack (though I'm not a fan of the whole hip-hop/rap riff raff, it's needed to set the tone in UG)

Now, potential list of things that can ruin it:
- Bugs and glitches
- Overpowered cops/AI rubberbanding
- Obnoxious traffic programming
- Unbalanced car performance within tiers
- Locked to 30 FPS
- Season passes
- Day 1 DLC and/or pre-order bonuses
- Microtransactions and overpriced DLCs
- Crappy EA servers +/- always online requirement
- Origin (if you're on PC)
- EA being EA
- Anything else that I haven't thought about, because this is EA
- Exclusive Porsche license (seriously, time to give it up EA)

So far I'm getting good vibes from the pre-release stuff and I hope Ghost Games can turnaround the franchise like Codemasters did with Dirt Rally. But as always with EA in the background I approach it with some level of caution.

Last edited:
In the trailer the RWB Porsche has a license plate says "ANAKAI" and for those who wants to know, its a shortened name for Akira Nakai, the one who builds RWB Porsches.
rwb-porsche-68693.jpg

One word answer. Because Criterion.

It's funny because if you took any car on a really long straight in Burnout Paradise, you would find out the cars have infinite gears! :P I doubt that is the case in HP2010 and MW2012.

It's funny because if you took any car on a really long straight in Burnout Paradise, you would find out the cars have infinite gears! :P I doubt that is the case in HP2010 and MW2012.

Cars in Hot Pursuit actually have an extra gear as well, if I recall correctly...

Cars on Burnout are basically automatic, no gears (although it does shift up). There is a mod for the PC version that allows manual gears though
Cars in Hot Pursuit actually have an extra gear as well, if I recall correctly...
I believe some cars did. To get to the top speed. The Crown VIc was a 5 speed (It's a 4 in real life isn't it?) and did 170MPH

Where did you find this? Source?
It says TBC on the release date as in "To Be Continued". You usually don't say that in a sentence like that. It should say TBA September. "To Be Announced"

Correct me if I'm wrong though but I'm pretty confident I'm right about this.

It says TBC on the release date as in "To Be Continued". You usually don't say that in a sentence like that. It should say TBA September. "To Be Announced"

Correct me if I'm wrong though but I'm pretty confident I'm right about this.
Actually it's To Be Confirmed. Which means EA don't have a precise release date for it yet.

Back