Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,698 comments

Ameer67

Premium
United States
Chicago
NFS2015_2.png

(That's the complete name: Need For Speed. No subtitles or anything.)
Developer: Ghost Games Publisher: Electronic Arts Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Support for NFS '15 has ended. Click here for more information.
(May 10th, 2016)
Features/Info
- Extensive customization
- Dusk to dawn (not dynamic)
- Runs on Frostbite engine
- Takes place in Ventura Bay (Los Angeles area)
- Map is about twice the size of Rivals
- Storyline with live-action cutscenes.
- Improved AllDrive
- Requires constant internet connection
- 5 ways to play: Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw. Each are represented by a specific person 'icon'.
- 2 handling modes: grippy (Black Box era) and drifty (Criterion era).
- 5 garage slots.
- 30 FPS on PS4/XB1. Unlocked frame rate on PC.
- The more rep you earn, the greater customization choices you have.
- No manual transmission.
- No split screen.
- All cars unlocked from start, you just have to earn the money.
- 5 camera views (bumper, bonnet, chase, far chase and dynamic cameras)
- PS+/XBL Gold NOT required for single player, but is required for multiplayer.
- No paid DLC and microtransactions.
- Cannot play as cops.

5 Ways to Play
(Descriptions taken from NFS website.)
Outlaw
Represented by Morohoshi-san
Become an Outlaw, messing with and escaping from the cops. Always looking to raise the stakes through risk vs reward driving, pushing the limits and looking over your shoulder. Live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.

Style Represented by Ken Block
Style is pure expression through driving, sending your car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. It’s the feeling of freedom for that split second as your tires leave the ground, when you find yourself in a place where only you and the car exist. For some, style is all that matters.

Build Represented by Nakai-san
Build is where you take your car to the extreme through both visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize, shaping the car to your own vision. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.

Speed Represented by Magnus Walker
Speed is the connection that exists between car and driver that is only present at top speeds. It’s about keeping your nerve and never lifting off the gas. It’s about the adrenaline rush of taking a corner at high speed, having faith that your car will hold firm and not lose grip. The fearless always push the limits.

Crew Represented by Risky Devil
Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others as bumpers come within inches of one another. This is the skill of close proximity chaos.

Customization
In NFS 2015, customization is one of the game's biggest aspect. Unlike previous games, the customization is very in-depth this time.

Visual
Make your car feel unique by altering its appearance in NFS 2015. Here is a list of items you can add to modify your vehicle's look.
- Tires
- Calipers
- Brake discs
- Rims
- Ride height
- Camber
- Rake
- Bumpers
- Skirts
- And more.

Handling
Here are some of things you can adjust to your liking:
- Tire Pressure
- Steer Response
- Steer Range
- Braking Drift Assist
- Drift Stability Assist
- Launch Control
- Differential
- Downforce
- Brake Strength
- Brake Bias
- Tire Traction
- Handbrake Strength
- Spring Stiffness
- Sway Bars
- Nitrous

Related threads
Wishlist Thread
Expectations Thread
Car List
Screenshots/Photos
Videos & Livestreams
Show us your ride(s)!

PC System Requirements

Minimum Requirements for 720p30 at low settings:
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
  • Memory: 6GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free space
Recommended Requirements for 1080p60 at high settings:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB, AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 4GB of memory
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free space
Release Date:
November 3rd, 2015 for PS4 and XB1.

March 15th (NA) and 17th (World) 2016 for PC.

Last edited:
What we do now know are high-level points about the new Need for Speed game. First, the game (which is inspired by the Underground series but doesn't have a name yet) will be an open-world, day-to-night racer featuring "deep customization," car culture by way of a partnership with EA's own Speedhunters, and even an "immersive narrative" that Ghost says will pull players through the game.

There will be day to night cycle. Quoted from the game spot article

There will be day to night cycle. Quoted from the game spot article

EA needs to clear things up then:

"The new NFS game will feature deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game."

If they're saying nocturnal, I'm guessing everyone one would think it's a night time only game. (It makes sense too.)

EA must not mess things up here. I left NFS after The Run, to go to Forza. With the corporation's recent history of disappointments including Titanfall, Battlefield Hardline (still better than COD AW), and NFS Rivals. I'm even predicting that Battlefront 3 will flop critically.

Not only those, but that same old Madden and FIFA every year. I really wish that 2K still had the NFL licence, because I remember ESPN NFL 2K5 and how amazing it was for only $20. It even outsold Madden 2005.

EA needs to clear things up then:

"The new NFS game will feature deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game."

If they're saying nocturnal, I'm guessing everyone one would think it's a night time only game. (It makes sense too.)

I guess we'll find out on June 15th

Up to you guys to believe this or not but... I woke up earlier and was browsing facebook when my uncle uploaded 5 photos of the game, status and a link : http://www.zengarage.com.au/2015/05/all-new-need-for-speed/

Turns out he's one of the consultant for the freaking game......

Holy schmokesss, i'm so stoked right now !

The way he said about customization is promising, seeing he's one of the guys that had good sense.

If you guys from Sydney then you might have heard Zen Garage.

That is what reflections are supposed to look like! Every game out right now literally just reflects light, but those 'screenshots' (i doubt they are in game but oh well) actually have the light dissipate and have it look like its reflecting off paint, not a mirror. If they manage to get the in-game lighting looking anything like that, i am going to buy this game, bad or not, just to look at it!

Great... more reason for me to buy a PS4 before GT7 comes out... :ouch::dunce: And damn, they included the Hakosuka in the game. Now THAT is epic. Only true car enthusiasts and GT-R fan would appreciate that legendary piece of machinery. I bet you that kids would look at it as an old rust bucket.

inb4 microtransactions from EA.

On a serious note, that much of customization just like the past games? This is kind of piquing up my interest.

Since this year's Need For Speed game is just going to be called Need For Speed, I'm just going to call the game Need For Speed: Underground 3, or Need For Speed: Los Angeles.

Game looks promising, shame it's on next gen but hoping this and a few more games can convince me to move over.

I left the NFS series after carbon, played Undercover and hated it along and tried Rivals which wasn't too appealing either.

Hoping for a throwback game 👍

I guess the Criterion drift physics are here to stay.

I hope the cars would only drift if you threw them into corners way, way, way too fast. I don't like having to drift through every single corner in a race course.

Game looks promising, shame it's on next gen but hoping this and a few more games can convince me to move over.

I left the NFS series after carbon, played Undercover and hated it along and tried Rivals which wasn't too appealing either.

Hoping for a throwback game 👍

Undercover was crap. I mean, how can a Dodge Viper SRT10 have better handling than a Mitsubish Lancer Evo X or a Nissan 350Z, or even a 🤬 Porsche 911 GT3 RS? C'mon, one of the finest examples of precision German engineering is beaten by a drag monster IN CORNERING?!?! And how is a standard Nissan GT-R faster than a Merc SLR 722? Why is the SLR not in the same league as the McLaren F1?

Err... Weren't Criterion physics involves almost zero countersteering ?

That's true actually. I forgot that this was NFS because when I hear "countersteer" I usually think of drifting in GT or something. Just wishing for the best at this point.

That's true actually. I forgot that this was NFS because when I hear "countersteer" I usually think of drifting in GT or something. Just wishing for the best at this point.
From that footage only i can guarantee it is different, look how the Hakosuka waved in to the racing pack, no way the ol' Criterion physics were like that. I just hope it's not like No Limits.

Undercover was crap. I mean, how can a Dodge Viper SRT10 have better handling than a Mitsubish Lancer Evo X or a Nissan 350Z, or even a 🤬 Porsche 911 GT3 RS? C'mon, one of the finest examples of precision German engineering is beaten by a drag monster IN CORNERING?!?! And how is a standard Nissan GT-R faster than a Merc SLR 722? Why is the SLR not in the same league as the McLaren F1?

Eh, i do enjoy using a stock Chevelle in police pursuit in Undercover.

Back