Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,699 comments
Undercover was crap. I mean, how can a Dodge Viper SRT10 have better handling than a Mitsubish Lancer Evo X or a Nissan 350Z, or even a 🤬 Porsche 911 GT3 RS? C'mon, one of the finest examples of precision German engineering is beaten by a drag monster IN CORNERING?!?! And how is a standard Nissan GT-R faster than a Merc SLR 722? Why is the SLR not in the same league as the McLaren F1?

Agreed, the game was a major turn off for me and from NFS in general, the storyline was pretty piss poor too and the first part of the story was real confusing.

That, the game stats and lack of free roam till you finish the game was a major turn off as well.

I like Riders on the Storm more but hell yeah we need music like this again.
ohhhhhhhhh man you just brought back so many memories just mentioning that song. I actually played ug2 so much my ps2 started frying out. I Had to put a fan on my ps2 just to keep it from overheating and crashing.

I like Riders on the Storm more but hell yeah we need music like this again.
ohhhhhhhhh man you just brought back so many memories just mentioning that song. I actually played ug2 so much my ps2 started frying out. I Had to put a fan on my ps2 just to keep it from overheating and crashing.

Riders of the Storm isn't bad, but I find Capone's I Need Speed much, much, much better.

And Terror Squad's Lean Back isn't all that bad, either

Agreed, the game was a major turn off for me and from NFS in general, the storyline was pretty piss poor too and the first part of the story was real confusing.

That, the game stats and lack of free roam till you finish the game was a major turn off as well.

Same, after Undercover I lost interest in the series. Prostreet was okay, at the very least, but Undercover just put the nail in the coffin for me. And the next games that came after didn't really catch on to me. I'm having high hopes for this reboot.

I mean, how can a Dodge Viper SRT10 have better handling than a Mitsubish Lancer Evo X or a Nissan 350Z,
Because in real life it is a better handling car (in terms of raw numbers, which is about as much as a Need for Speed game can typically be expected to take into account) than either of those things. Probably would give a 911 GT3 a run for its money too, though that would be much more track dependent. 275 tires on the front and roughly 50:50 weight distribution will do that.

And how is a standard Nissan GT-R faster than a Merc SLR 722? Why is the SLR not in the same league as the McLaren F1?
Because in real life a standard Nissan GT-R is faster than a Merc SLR 722 (or at least is much more capable of being consistently faster, if not always faster in ideal conditions), and the real life McMerc isn't even the same timezone as being comparable to the McLaren F1.

Undercover was crap, but reasons don't need to be invented to explain why.

Last edited:
Because in real life it is a better handling car (in terms of raw numbers, which is about as much as a Need for Speed game can typically be expected to take into account) than either of those things. Probably would give a 911 GT3 a run for its money too, though that would be much more track dependent. 275 tires on the front and roughly 50:50 weight distribution will do that.

On a skidpad, yeah I suppose it can pull off higher Gs because of the big and sticky tires. If that's what you're talking about by raw numbers, then yeah I can agree with you on that. But how about everything else? By my post earlier, I meant handling in terms of overall manueverability. There's a reason why Vipers aren't the first thing that come into mind when people talk about good handling in a sports car or high-performance car.

Because in real life a standard Nissan GT-R is faster than a Merc SLR 722 (or at least is much more capable of being consistently faster, if not always faster in ideal conditions), and the real life McMerc isn't even the same timezone as being comparable to the McLaren F1.

A GT-R IS capable of achieving higher average speeds than the 722 when racing, but the 722 has a lot more horsepower and torque which should give it the edge over the GT-R in terms of being able to reach their respective top speeds as fast as they can, even if the 722 is a 5-speed. There are a lot of flat-out sections in Undercover's open world, and I tested both cars. The SLR SHOULD be able to have a higher top speed. It SHOULD be able to reach its top speed faster. But no, it already encounters problems the moment it hits 4th gear, whereas the GT-R just keeps on going.

From what I've read so far, I think this will be THE Need for Speed that I've been waiting for.

The Noruyari (?) article however has me a bit skeptical. "You can build anything you see on the internet." Really...hmmmm...

If the personalization is really that good... :drool:

"Authentic Storyline"

Id expect the story would be as epic as Project Cars.

*facepalm* didn't get the joke... What he meant was that, he was expecting the story to be so bad, it become non-existent. Like, casual people would have the same reaction as you when they play the game and you ask them about the story... they be like "NFS has a story?"

Joke-------You------>

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same, after Undercover I lost interest in the series. Prostreet was okay, at the very least, but Undercover just put the nail in the coffin for me. And the next games that came after didn't really catch on to me. I'm having high hopes for this reboot.

Yeah hopefully the reboot gets some good reviews and has all the good ole aspects of it's predecessors.

Don't underestimate the Frostbite engine. It could make some reeeeally good looking stuff.

Yeah, it might, but i don't know...

Even NFS Rivals on PS3 looked insanely good, if they can pull those graphics off on PS3, imagine what a New Gen exclusive would be like!
maxresdefault.jpg

Sure the PC version looked alot better but those graphics are still mighty impressive for PS3.

Even NFS Rivals on PS3 looked insanely good, if they can pull those graphics off on PS3, imagine what a New Gen exclusive would be like!
maxresdefault.jpg

Sure the PC version looked alot better but those graphics are still mighty impressive for PS3.

Most people keep forgetting that the PS3 is like, 7yr-old hardware. Those ignorant 🤬 keep saying "PS3 graphics nowadays are crap, PC looks sooooo much better" Of course games on PCs look better, new graphics cards for PCs are being shelled out like every year or 6 months. What do they expect? You can't just swap the components on a PS3 like a PC. And I agree with this comparison; you have to admit PS3 can still do some amazing stuff with graphics, like NFS Rivals and GT6 for example. And like those games, you can really tell that the processing powers of the PS3 are being pushed to their utmost limits. If I'm not mistaken, that's a pixelated shadow of a tree over on the bottom right part of the PS3 screen.

Most people keep forgetting that the PS3 is like, 7yr-old hardware. Those ignorant 🤬 keep saying "PS3 graphics nowadays are crap, PC looks sooooo much better" Of course games on PCs look better, new graphics cards for PCs are being shelled out like every year or 6 months. What do they expect? You can't just swap the components on a PS3 like a PC. And I agree with this comparison; you have to admit PS3 can still do some amazing stuff with graphics, like NFS Rivals and GT6 for example. And like those games, you can really tell that the processing powers of the PS3 are being pushed to their utmost limits. If I'm not mistaken, that's a pixelated shadow of a tree over on the bottom right part of the PS3 screen.
That does look like a low quality tree shadow. Yes, the PS3 version was probably what low was on PC but still, the fact it can run the damn game is impressive.

I actually thought this Arcade Racer was left to rot after Most Wanted (2012) :lol: (proves how much I've been living under a rock).

Like every NFS game after the 1st Most Wanted, I'll take a pass. I guess Arcade style Racers wore off on me after awhile.

I must be the only one who doesn't like the Underground songs. I don't even think I was a fan of them when I first originally played the game, either.

That said, I'm excited for this game. Now I have something to get my PC built in time for.

SVX
I must be the only one who doesn't like the Underground songs. I don't even think I was a fan of them when I first originally played the game, either.

That said, I'm excited for this game. Now I have something to get my PC built in time for.
I liked the songs in old NFS because they fit the theme, hopefully 2015's soundtrack does too.

That does look like a low quality tree shadow. Yes, the PS3 version was probably what low was on PC but still, the fact it can run the damn game is impressive.

Exactly, and that is why people should give more credit to current games that are running on current-gen consoles. If the PS3 graphics are already that good, y'know, how much better can they get on the PC/PS4/X1?

Exactly, and that is why people should give more credit to current games that are running on current-gen consoles. If the PS3 graphics are already that good, y'know, how much better can they get on the PC/PS4/X1?
Well, much better. Smoother graphics and all that doodad.

Back