Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,699 comments
I'm getting quite worried about the physics. The physics of this game, in my eyes, look quite awkward. In full grip mode, the physics look very disjointed and not fun to use. However, everything else looks too drifty to me! I really hope theres some kind of middle ground, or if its just the people playing it wanting to slide all over the place - not that I don't want to drift, but I don't want to drift all the time like in the Criterion games. :P

I'm getting quite worried about the physics. The physics of this game, in my eyes, look quite awkward. In full grip mode, the physics look very disjointed and not fun to use. However, everything else looks too drifty to me! I really hope theres some kind of middle ground, or if its just the people playing it wanting to slide all over the place - not that I don't want to drift, but I don't want to drift all the time like in the Criterion games. :P
One of the youtubers mentioned they were pulling the handbrake to make the cars drift. Also "brake to drift" is a present feature, and can be turned on or off.

Found something in NFS' Instagram.

Could this be the canyon part of the map?

that's very old and it is a shame that we didn't see this as part of the direct feed game play by the community.This slow flow of information is gonna kill whatever it has created (hype,excitement..ect) I hope they have new footage or something for pax prime this coming weekend..they don't have a lot of time Sept is upon us already..they have barely two months,I'm pretty they will speed up the flowvby mid sept and October.

I want Driveclub physics.

that's very old and it is a shame that we didn't see this as part of the direct feed game play by the community.This slow flow of information is gonna kill whatever it has created (hype,excitement..ect) I hope they have new footage or something for pax prime this coming weekend..they don't have a lot of time Sept is upon us already..they have barely two months,I'm pretty they will speed up the flowvby mid sept and October.
Come on. Its still working in progress. Give a time.

Ironically it isnt fitting for Driveclub itself but NFS is a better fit.
Why not both games share the same physics? :P Besides, NFS 2015 is getting an option that lets you tweak your car's handling (two different characteristics which are drifty or grippy). :)

Alright guys let me add my two cents to the handling debate.first of all have you guys seen that the sliders were limited? aside from all the other performance and handling tuning, you couldn't maxed out both sliders, i seen videos where if you tune the handling just right complete with the tires pressure you can get a good old classic need for speed grip and you can pull off a drift almost manually.now this is based on what i seen a good sample is the preview from VVV showcasing how grippy the Porsche is after he tune the handling to grip and this is not even the slider maxed out, so in the final version of the game we gonna be able to tune these cars very deep.i read an article saying that you can start with a car and take it from sock to almost supercar levels in terms of the performance and the tuning.

Hopefully for PAX Prime we get some new footage *fingers crossed* and I'm also curious how the time will change in this game :confused:

Found this article in Speedhunters. Related to NFS 2015 regarding on how they make smoke despite the wet roads in Ventura Bay.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/08/how-to-make-smoke/

It's kinda of old bro..lol.I just wanna see more areas like can we get a trailer showing maybe morohoshi speeding down a canyon at dusk being pursuit by the cops that will blow my mind ,Ventura Bay already looks pretty vast and detailed...i said we are getting a full outlaw trailer maybe for the Tokyo game show.

It's kinda of old bro..lol.I just wanna see more areas like can we get a trailer showing maybe morohoshi speeding down a canyon at dusk being pursuit by the cops that will blow my mind ,Ventura Bay already looks pretty vast and detailed...i said we are getting a full outlaw trailer maybe for the Tokyo game show.
Hmmm I'm just here to update but yeah maybe by TGS we'll be getting more information regarding about NFS 2015. It looks they went dark again after Gamescom.

VVV showcasing how grippy the Porsche is after he tune the handling to grip and this is not even the slider maxed out, so in the final version of the game we gonna be able to tune these cars very deep. i read an article saying that you can start with a car and take it from sock to almost supercar levels in terms of the performance and the tuning.
I think you're getting tuning mixed up with modifications. I'm hoping for a deeper tuning customization menu, but going off the ones that have been floating around, I wouldn't hold your breath on it.

I think you're getting tuning mixed up with modifications. I'm hoping for a deeper tuning customization menu, but going off the ones that have been floating around, I wouldn't hold your breath on it.

All we can do is just wait.I'll be happy if we get something like dino tuning but knowing EA only we can hope and be surprised.

Yeah we haven't seen any of the performance customization yet, which will allow us to max out the cars handling in either drift or grip spec. If you want some idea of what a full drift tune might look like go back and watch the e3 gameplay trailer where the car seems to drift way more than the gameplay we saw from Gamescom.

Yeah we haven't seen any of the performance customization yet, which will allow us to max out the cars handling in either drift or grip spec. If you want some idea of what a full drift tune might look like go back and watch the e3 gameplay trailer where the car seems to drift way more than the gameplay we saw from Gamescom.

Indeed.also i think we goona get alot of information during the developers session at the Eurogamer Expo just like they did with need for speed rivals they had a long session followed by a Q&A. i must admit thought compare to the trailers of hot pursuit most wanted 2012 and rivals, the trailers shown and even the game play for this need for speed they just haven't being interesting, i mean eventually we gonna get tired of seen the same area over and over we get it the customization will be deep and i know all that's left is to the imagination but show us more of the world..just my opinion.

Well it's a NFS title by Ghost Games so it's quite expected that the physics are going to be bad.

Well it's a NFS title by Ghost Games so it's quite expected that the physics are going to be bad.

Guys the game is not out yet, we barely know anything about it..you guys are judging physics by looking at it ,have any of you play the current build of the game?..So i honestly don't get it wait till the game comes out..this is the title that most of you wanted, as a fact almost 80-90% of the need for speed fan base.

Me being a classic need for speed fan i used to get blasted with comments like we want underground 3, we want carbon, we want customization and storylines , soo now you guys got the game, is back to night time races no cops gimmicks straight up underground racing with customization in an urban environment yet there's still complains about this game??..i'm not even the underground type and yet i'm impressed with the customization of the game and they even went as far as adding handling tuning to try and please both fanbases.

Wait till you play the game or more info before judgement and keep your expectations and hype low is a need for speed game what do you guys expect the next gran turismo or the next super driving simulator?..is all about racing and having fun and thrills while doing it plain and simple.

I'd like to see more than a "we might get some" comment on reddit, of all places, before buying in.

"upgrade the engine block" ≠ cam timing, fuel/boost maps, etc.

However, if "upgrade" might also mean "swap for different engine", then they might have something to rectify the SZ-R.

What's wrong with the SZ-R?
Basically, most people doesn't want a NA Supra. They want the Supra RZ or Turbo Supra so if the "upgrade" that Kurei mentioned also include engine swaps, we might solve the NA Supra problem.

Back