Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,698 comments
So it looks like CROWNED (Youtuber) has posted a video about cut contents and a early footage of NFS2015.

Woah some of those cut cars though!

I have to admit, some of them are pretty interesting with probably the most surprising one out of them all being the TVR Cebera. :eek: I mean is it just me or does the Cebera rarely appears in racing games nowadays?

If Ghost does resurrect their plans from 2015 to add the Cebera Speed 12 for NFS Payback, then this year will make me forget NFS 2015 was a thing since payback is already looking outstanding aside from the MT stuff but who knows. Ghost games probably might have a couple more cars to tease in the next trailer before launch if there is going to be one. *I understand why they would have cut the TVR in 2015 since 2015 focused more on the Tuner scene and car cultural icons and way less on hypercars.*

The Fiat Punto GT was cut? Ghost Games you monsters, how could you not include a Punto in the final game??? :mad:

Jokes aside, it is interesting to see what a game could have been, if it wasn't for what I presume is time and budget constraints getting in the way. For instance, the Hot Rod/Drag Racing add-on could have potentially included four cars (including the '30 Ford Model A and '39 Two Door) rather than just two.

Last edited:
No those cars were just sound files, similar to the BlackBox method of recording vehicle sounds in the past they use these samples for the current cars they have in the game. So no Punto or any other cut thing was not planned at all.

This on sale for $8 AUD on Xbox marketplace atm. Worth buying? I’ve heard the physics are pretty dreadful but if they’re anything close to Payback then it’ll be fine. I like the idea of it being night all the time like Underground.

This on sale for $8 AUD on Xbox marketplace atm. Worth buying? I’ve heard the physics are pretty dreadful but if they’re anything close to Payback then it’ll be fine. I like the idea of it being night all the time like Underground.
Definitely. 8 AUD is a beer in Sydney if remembered correctly. This game is not the best but still a pretty good NFS game.

So played this for a few hours and glad I didn't pay more then $8 for it.

Pros
-The map and the atmosphere. Getting real Underground vibes by just driving aorund. Absolutely fantastic. For all that is wrong with the game this is the shining highlight. Don't mind it being night and raining all the time. Sets the mood brilliantly. Looking down on the city from the hills is really cool too.
-Using live video for cutscenes instead of animations. I enjoyed this especially as your character interacts in a FPS manner in some scenes. Good way to immerse the player in the game. Sure the acting and lines are pretty corny and everyone worships Ken Block like a god lol but is actually more enjoyable then Payback where everyone just came across as plain annoying.

Cons
-The physics. Wow what a let down. Payback is so much better. Its like night and day. How could they get this so wrong??? Drifting is even worse.
-Limited customisation options. I've got a BRZ and two choices for front bumper. You would think there would be much more for a car like that.
-No pause function. What were they thinking? Stuff happens in your life while you are playing and there's no way to pause the game.

I find it hilarious how in the Criterion/Ghost Games pursuit of making seamless offline/online playing experiences, they've only gone backwards with each iteration.

Burnout Paradise:
Game loads once upon start, switching between offline and online lobbies is nearly seamless and you can search for specific lobbies.

Most Wanted: No ability to search for lobbies, long loading times due to separated progression levels for online play. Speedlists keep the action going but you can't have a free lobby unless you make a private game.

Rivals: Enter an online lobby on launch by default. Offline lobbies are available but are functionally identical to online, lacking the ability to pause and having AI opponents that mimic online players. Switching between Online and Offline must be done through the options menu via awkward loading screen.

2015: Basically the same as Rivals, but exclusively requires an internet connection, with singleplayer options being hastily tacked on in updates. Switching between different types of lobbies (Alldrive, Speedlist, Singleplayer) can only be done through the main menu.

Payback: Didn't even make an attempt at the seamless thing and had no Alldrive lobbies at launch.

Heat: No option to switch between offline and online without going back to the main menu. If an online lobby is inactive, then you get booted back to the main menu. No Speedlist lobbies at all.

So not sure if anyone still reads but I discovered that I had actually bought this game back in 2015 but have never actually played
it so installed it yesterday and was having fun with it and my first car the Honda Civic however I have two things I wasn't sure about so
need to ask them.

I presume there is no search function in the liveries section of the game, are custom decal/itasha style liveries available for this game or did that only come with later Need for Speed titles?

The daily challenges objectives seem straightforward enough but I had a little problem with it not completing. My final one yesterday was win a spontaneous race against a human player which I managed to do but the game did not appear to register completion of the challenge as had taken part in a sprint race.

Anyone able to advise why the objective might not have completed.

Otherwise a good game which I will have to try and work my way through levelling up to complete the story events.

So not sure if anyone still reads but I discovered that I had actually bought this game back in 2015 but have never actually played
it so installed it yesterday and was having fun with it and my first car the Honda Civic however I have two things I wasn't sure about so
need to ask them.

I presume there is no search function in the liveries section of the game, are custom decal/itasha style liveries available for this game or did that only come with later Need for Speed titles?

The daily challenges objectives seem straightforward enough but I had a little problem with it not completing. My final one yesterday was win a spontaneous race against a human player which I managed to do but the game did not appear to register completion of the challenge as had taken part in a sprint race.

Anyone able to advise why the objective might not have completed.

Otherwise a good game which I will have to try and work my way through levelling up to complete the story events.

There is a browse function for livery (sorted by newest, highest rated, most downloaded, etc), but I don't think there is a specific search feature. It's a pretty bad system honestly and it's still the same in NFS Payback/Heat. You either just need to scroll scroll scroll, know someone who makes the livery and add them as your friend or make one yourself.

Not sure about the challenges issue. Probably just a bit of server lag in updating. Does other objectives unlock fine?

There is a browse function for livery (sorted by newest, highest rated, most downloaded, etc), but I don't think there is a specific search feature. It's a pretty bad system honestly and it's still the same in NFS Payback/Heat. You either just need to scroll scroll scroll, know someone who makes the livery and add them as your friend or make one yourself.

Not sure about the challenges issue. Probably just a bit of server lag in updating. Does other objectives unlock fine?

Have not been back on the game since that post but yes other objectives unlocked fine.

Just a quick question but is Itasha liveries a thing in Need for Speed games or not, I could swear I had seen one but maybe thinking of some other racing game?

Have not been back on the game since that post but yes other objectives unlocked fine.

Just a quick question but is Itasha liveries a thing in Need for Speed games or not, I could swear I had seen one but maybe thinking of some other racing game?

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few, but definitely not as much as in GT/Forza. I imagine it's due to it being harder to make with NFS much more basic livery editor. You might have more chances of seeing one with tuner cars than muscle/exotics as well.

Last edited:

Need for Speed™ 16.09.2022 04_13_26_waifu2x_2x_png.jpg
Need for Speed™ 16.09.2022 03_59_53_waifu2x_2x_png.jpg
Need for Speed™ 16.09.2022 04_14_05_waifu2x_2x_png.jpg

Last edited:
I started this game some weeks ago. My main goal is to achieve some trophies on the PS5.
There is a trophy "the perfect moment" where you have to fill the combo bar with every of the possible styles (blue, red, purple, ...)
The easiest way for purple should be the "perfect nitro" where you empty a full nitro load. But that seems impossible for me. Once I empty the full nitro load, it will be refilled immediately and the message won't be displayed.
I've tried all kinds of different nitro systems (action-based and time-based), but even the action-based will be refilled to full immediately, even if don't do anything special.

Last edited:
It's hilarious that in the PS Store, the price on this game is still more expensive than Payback.

Maybe it's time I actually try this game.

I just did that race today and it took more than a few attempts to finish first in my 800hp 991 Carrera S. :ouch: Have you ever started that event in 3rd position? That's when you have the best chance of winning. You will also be in more luck when the two AI cars which start ahead of you are something other than Amy's 180SX, that way you can just block her off when she comes behind you.
Hello, i have a gtr 2017 premium woth 1038hp and still i can t beat her.. 21 attempts and nothing..

I just did that race today and it took more than a few attempts to finish first in my 800hp 991 Carrera S. :ouch: Have you ever started that event in 3rd position? That's when you have the best chance of winning. You will also be in more luck when the two AI cars which start ahead of you are something other than Amy's 180SX, that way you can just block her off when she comes behind you.
Helloo, i did this race 21 attempts and still can t beat her.. Always almost there.. I have a 2017 nissan gtr with 1031 hp.. Dissapointment.. Idk what to do anymore..

Back