Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 4,285 comments
I believe so, 2060 MB. 5% done, still... 434 minutes left. Not the record holder for longest download, but a strong second. Suggestions?

No, no glitch. Personal record is about 20 hours. Not to mention it went to 8% before it went back up to 440+. I was just gonna pop it in and drive for a bit, but I'll probably trade it in at next opportunity.

On my old 3Mbps connection it would take 2-3 hours to download 2GB so unless you have dial up there's something wrong either on your end or Sony's end.

AT&T DSL, probably part of the problem, I live in an apartment complex, the PS3's an 80GB second series from about '07. I'd be willing to admit it's my end, but it has always been hell with updates. It froze so much with MW 2012 I though it was going out, and Mass Effect didn't help at all.

Yeah, Phat models are hunks of **** compared to the Slims. The only redeeming factor is some play PS2 discs. My old Phat would heat my room up in the winter & would of surely caused MW to crash a lot.

Yeah, Phat models are hunks of **** compared to the Slims. The only redeeming factor is some play PS2 discs. My old Phat would heat my room up in the winter & would of surely caused MW to crash a lot.

Wut i still have a 250GB Phat and it runs like new.

Only the launch 20GB, 40GB (I owned this) and 60GB were 🤬. The newer 80GB and 160GB fat models were much more reliable, but not as reliable as the Slim.

BKGlover
AT&T DSL, probably part of the problem, I live in an apartment complex, the PS3's an 80GB second series from about '07. I'd be willing to admit it's my end, but it has always been hell with updates. It froze so much with MW 2012 I though it was going out, and Mass Effect didn't help at all.

Are you using a wireless or hardwire connection?

I still have my phat one and it is still going, So I don't know what hunk of 🤬 you are talking about.

Phats run hotter, have slightly worst graphics, lag more, have laggier Internet, etc. When I got my slim model I noticed those differences.

BKGlover
Wireless. I'll try the download again after work today, but if it doesn't work I'm won't be too distraught.

I found that wireless connections drastically decreased download speeds, even with good signal. Once I used powerline adapters to hardwire my PS3, I noticed a huge difference. Might be something worth looking into for you :)

Wireless. I'll try the download again after work today, but if it doesn't work I'm won't be too distraught.

Just get an upgraded internet connection because you're being ripped off. Is fiber optic available in your area?

Spoil-t
Well my slim had a clearer picture than my Phat model also my Phat froze a lot & lagged like crazy on a lot of games. When I got the Slim all of that vanished. I had the last BC 80GB model.

Perhaps yours was on its way out? I have a 2008 80gb fatty that runs perfectly well. Rarely freezes and doesn't lag as much as yours seemed to. :)

Must of been it's heat problem. I played my Phat like 10-14 hours a day. You people with no problems must be doing 2-4 hours tops.

Check out Verizon's website. They have a thing that checks to see if their lazy asses got out to your area with it. If you live in a rural area you probably don't have it.

Must of been it's heat problem. I played my Phat like 10-14 hours a day. You people with no problems must be doing 2-4 hours tops.

Ive been playing mine up to 6-8 hours, depending on what game and what other things in life I have to do than sit around at a ps3 for some odd hours.

Although I don't play every day either. More on weekends than the week.

Image20110306225806485_zpsde295f0b.jpg

huh? :lol: :lol:

Back