Need For Speed Payback General Discussion

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 1,566 comments
Too early to judge the game but it doesn't look like anything special so far, in the very limited amount of gameplay shown I've already seen multiple things I'm not keen on.

Having said that as a PS4 player this looks like it has the potential to be the best arcade racer I've played in a while going off the features/changes from NFS 2015. I'm hoping this or The Crew 2 turn out great otherwise I'll have to get an Xbox or beef up my PC for Horizon.
It's obvious we need some sort of playable demo, it would solve everything that is to know about the physics. Instead of using a cheap gimmicky gameplay trailer and not to mention EA Play, it looked boring. Do you expect anything from the last two experiments? Rivals and NFS 2015...

EA will keep up with the hype train as long as possible, but alongside that popular racing YouTuber's like StraightUpHippo, SLAPTrain, and even of course EA's current lapdog that is BlackPantha. I wouldn't expect much from all those three big YouTuber's because they just increase the hype within the fan-base, and then we are all against each other.

This is an EA product we're talking about here. How many titles have given reason to give them faith since 2014? The game unfortunately is gonna be a flop. Not even adding machine guns and laser beams to cars in the game can fix garbage physics/gameplay, and another awful story.

Not even adding a Corvette C7R will fix the game? :lol:

Dan
Yeah, and the story doesn't sound remotely entertaining. Laughable story + garbage handling = 2/3 strikes.
How bo you know if story is going to be bad, like your judging it by the 3 minutes gameplay.

How bo you know if story is going to be bad, like your judging it by the 3 minutes gameplay.

Because it is so damn predictable! NFS hasn't had a good story in what... a decade? :lol: If you think this story will be any better than The Run or NFS2015, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm calling it now, the plot is going to be a rejected script for a Fast and Furious film. :lol:

Dan
I'm calling it now, the plot is going to be a rejected script for a Fast and Furious film. :lol:

Or it's for the new Need For Speed Fast and Furious Movie.
:lol:

Dan
Because it is so damn predictable! NFS hasn't had a good story in what... a decade? :lol: If you think this story will be any better than The Run or NFS2015, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm calling it now, the plot is going to be a rejected script for a Fast and Furious film. :lol:
Like i said you got to wait and see, like we don't even know what we getting yet.

Also down to the story, I don't expect racing game stories to be good to begin with.

I think if their done correctly on the overall flow of the game I think it would be okay.

If they could figure out the story in The Crew, and merge it with NFS but in a way that looks more Underground like.
Working your way up the list.
Something like that would be doable.

But knowing EA. ...
They will screw it up somehow.

I think if their done correctly on the overall flow of the game I think it would be okay.

If they could figure out the story in The Crew, and merge it with NFS but in a way that looks more Underground like.
Working your way up the list.
Something like that would be doable.

But knowing EA. ...
They will screw it up somehow.
Why I you being so negative, it seems like you don't want the game to be great or something.

Last edited:
Why I you being so negative, it seems like you don't want the game to great or something.

Don't take what they're saying too personally. Just because they think the game is going to be bad, doesn't mean you should think its bad. Opinions from people who haven't tried the game should have no bearing on what you think.

Will there be an interior/cockpit view this time? :indiff:

The trailer does look like a Burnout style game in the clip, and drifting around the corners again but lets wait and see more added features/demo as it is 4-5 months away yet. I do not play both the PS4 NFS very much at all now. They do not seem to hold my attention more than the first few months of release. But I will give this another go come November for my 'arcade' pick up and play game along with a decent(ish) photomode they made with 'Snapshot Pro' while awaiting the Crew2 (Early 2018).:)

Will there be an interior/cockpit view this time? :indiff:
Highly doubt it.

Why I you being so negative, it seems like you don't want the game to be great or something.
If we had a demo it would be good enough for us to see if we want to buy the product or not, but every company refuses to at least try making one for public demand, and they of course use trailers to get more attention and to make it look cooler than it is. Think of a movie you've seen in a movie theater that looked good, but didn't deliver the core base story-line it was supposed to. That's how I feel games are being promised with too much ambitions and EA barely goes through with most what Ghost is doing right now. If it wasn't for that publisher denoting it's developers then I'd fully agree with the negative attention this new NFS is giving off.

Dan
Who needs good story on driving games. Its a good addition if its good, but nothing lost if it isn't.

Forza Horizon didnt have one, for example.

Looks like just bumper, bonnet, long and standard chase views :grumpy:👍

So the action cam from 2015 has been axed. Doubt it had many users in the first place, it's sole purpose was to spice up the E3 gameplay footage. :rolleyes:

Who needs good story on driving games. Its a good addition if its good, but nothing lost if it isn't.

Forza Horizon didnt have one, for example.

If they're going to put in a story, they might as well make it a decent one. Otherwise, they shouldn't bother.

Is this a joke?
4P9aoME.jpg

Back