View attachment 650944

View attachment 650945

GT3 RS billbaord

View attachment 650959

X6 M

View attachment 650946

M4 GTS on the left

View attachment 650947

Are you guys sure that's the M5? It looks like the M4 GTS here. Especially the hood.

View attachment 650949

Audi S5 seats

View attachment 650950

Subaru BRZ

View attachment 650951

C7 Grand Sport (the two chrome fender vent things give it away.

View attachment 650952

M4 GTS. You can see the orange splitter and the wing.

View attachment 650953

View attachment 650955

Original Mustang

View attachment 650956

Panamera Turbo

View attachment 650957

E46 with a Liberty Walk kit

View attachment 650958
There is also a Chevy C10 Pickup Truck.

Damn, that Challenger Demon looks great with that guard bar.

Damn, that Challenger Demon looks great with that guard bar.
I don't think its a Demon. The widebody bits are too squarish.

upload_2017-6-2_12-27-3-png.650945

130-2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon.jpg

A quick look on Google, I found the Prior Design bodykit which looks like a match.

IMG_1416_Prior-Design_PD900HC_widebody_for_dodge_challanger_hellcat_LR-1024x657.jpg

I've been reading up on more articles relating to NFS: Payback, and I think I've figured out what the "Runner" vehicle class is. As far as I can tell, the Runner class is a pursuit class, built for "stealth and dodging cops and threading through rush hour traffic." The other classes are pretty self-explanatory.

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/06/02/need-for-speed-payback-looks-faster-more-furious

Thanks for the link. Other interesting points from the article:

Focus is on "action driving" more than racing. - This is fine with me but is really going to piss a bunch of people on this forum.

Same wrap editor from 2015 (I'm sure it'll have some tweaks)

More parts for cars

24 hour night/day cycle

Pretty much everything I disliked about the last NFS seems to have been addressed according to the devs, just a little concerned about the focus moving away from racing.

BMW has officially confirmed the new M5 is indeed in this game. Source came from their facebook page.

I read something that another fellow in the internet said, and boy, is the perfect idea: EA tries to satisfy all their fans. That's why we have now a game with a cheesy story, day and night, luxury cars, tunning, offroading, police... You end up satisfying no one because the game has no focus.

Being EA a masive company, they should have two teams working in two different NFS games (like Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon) to satisfy the two most differenciated group of fans:
  • One game with realistic but arcady handling, luxury cars, no tunning, road tracks (not open world) in the nature and police: basically NFS 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 or Driveclub with police.
  • Another game with more arcady handling but still enjoyble (EA Black box handling), a story, full customization, open world, tunning cars (like in the underground games) and Police: basically Underground with police.
Sounds to me like the best thing EA could do with NFS in the entire history of the saga.

Well, after watching the trailer at least 10 times to figure out what the hell is going on, I've come to the conclusion that NFS is lost... again. Here we go with the identity crisis for the 20th time! :banghead:

Time to update the OP.

It's basically NFS Fast and Furious edition instead of Payback.

Yes, the trailer looks fantastic and cars are epic, but I have a few concerns. This may turn into a wall of text.

The name of the game. Are you kidding me? Payback? What a lazy title for a game. Sorry, it just sounds hilarious and dumb. What is this, a racing game or a rip-off of a certain movie franchise? What a load of bulls***, I am not impressed at all. Another thing is that I fear Ghost have made the bar too high for themselves, and that many people will complain if the experience is nothing like the trailer. I find it impossible for Ghost to go from NFS 2015 to this in just 2 years, and I really don't think the trailer is indicative of anything. Don't hold your breath people.

I also have to ask, how will the racing work? Will there be any racing? Is this some sort of CARPG like The Crew? What's the story going to be like? Will there be missions, intense cop chases and racing all in the same game? Who is responsible for this mess, I mean honestly. I want to see tuners like the NSX, Civic, Silvia, 180SX, R32 Skyline, Toyota Supra, Lancer Evolution, Subaru WRX STi, Mazda RX-7, Mazda RX-8 and maybe even a Toyota 86, not 700HP+ monsters which aren't exactly part of the modified car scene. I want an Underground style game, not one which combines The Run, Most Wanted and Underground. Which is it? Honestly, you can't just combine various elements from other games and not give them any purpose. I am so confused right now, who's idea was this?

I cannot understand the reasoning for this game. I say the ambition is way over the heads of EA and Ghost - they're out of their depth. To execute every element of this game as promised will not be an easy task. This isn't built on NFS 2015, they've just taken the basic game engine a chucked everything else out the window for the sake of hyping people up to the point where if the get anything less than what they expect, the game will fail spectacularly and the series dies. It's all to the detriment of Ghost Games when you think about it - they are setting fans up for disappointment. What an immature way to suck people in and make sales. I will not be buying this game unless I am assured that I will be getting a decent game which is fun and immersive. That's all I want.

I really feel like Ghost games legit thought to take every Need for speed game and fuse them together. (Shift and Shift 2 subtracted) Lol this game is literally NFS Underground, Carbon, Most Wanted, Prostreet, The Run, and Hot Pursuit put together in one whole game.

Quite honestly, as long as the handling physics are similar to the older hot pursuit games or Underground series, everything is copacetic with me. I can use my imagination and my online friends for the rest :lol: I do hope there are more JDM cars in the game though. Don't know too many people who are going to speed down public roads with a GT3 Bodykit Lamborghini Huracan capable of hitting 200+ MPH..

Anyway, I'm gonna try and keep tabs on this thang' cause my craving for a racing game is growing something fierce.

According to reddit there appears to be an Audi S5 in the trailer. So happy to see Audi back in NFS! I just hope to see an R8. Im planning on buying the Scoripo version and I hope Ghost pushes for 4K, HDR (Dolby Vision) with Dolby Atmos. With Atmos 3D audio, the helicopters would make chases amazing! :embarrassed:

I don't know why but i'm happy and at the same time i'm not. It doesn't feel NFS in a way but i haven't played NFS since a long time and i'm hoping this would be better than the 2015 one.

Game reads like NFS Carbon which is a game I've enjoyed, but wasn't without fault, the biggest being the use of special moves. Really can't have special moves (like slow down or pulse) in a racing game. Design the game for drivimg and out diving and leave it at that. One thing that appealled to me with NFS2015 is, inspite of the weedy cops, that you only had driving. I'd hate for this game to 'need' assists to break roadblocks and evade chasers. Also really can't have the current EA trend of alway online. I'll wait for further detail, but if it says 'always online' anywhere, that's the deal broken. Don't care how good the game is, won't get involved if it is eternally online. Other that those issues the only other thing is the handling. I like the nfs2015 handling and would like it to stay, either wholesale or as an option. Last thing I want is handling that goes from too stiff to too wayward with no finesse inbetween.

Honestly, I haven't played an NFS game since Hot Pursuit 2010. With good reason. Who the hell is this game supposed to be made for? EA can't possibly say that it's for fans who were kids at the time Underground released and are now grown up.

Do those fans want excessive, drifty physics? Over-emphasis on boost? The one thing that I definitely miss is the extensive, in-depth car focus that even Hot Pursuit 2010 tried holding on to with its vehicle biographies. Now it just seems like they're reduced to officially licensed film props because they couldn't regress to using fictitious vehicles at this point.

*Sighs* The moment I saw the title, I immediately knew this wasn't going to be interesting...AGAIN. I really have idea no why EA even bothers making NFS games anymore, especially ones taking the UG route which led them to this particular route and a concept nobody even knows about, or the type of audience they're targeting.

Seriously haven't been excited for a nfs game since NFSHP 2010. The fact that everybody is confused by the trailer (heck, even myself) it's really becoming a joke at this moment with EA...

Hey, not trying to be judgemental here, but been feeling like this towards NFS since NFS 2015 and don't think my tone is going to change with this one.

Seriously is this The Crew mixed with several franchises like F&F?

*Sighs* The moment I saw the title, I immediately knew this wasn't going to be interesting...AGAIN. I really have idea no why EA even bothers making NFS games anymore, especially ones taking the UG route which led them to this particular route and a concept nobody even knows about, or the type of audience they're targeting.

Seriously haven't been excited for a nfs game since NFSHP 2010. The fact that everybody is confused by the trailer (heck, even myself) it's really becoming a joke at this moment with EA...

Hey, not trying to be judgemental here, but been feeling like this towards NFS since NFS 2015 and don't think my tone is going to change with this one.

Seriously is this The Crew mixed with several franchises like F&F?

Since Need For Speed Underground, the series doesn't have a clear goal. This is simply a matter of money.

EA "how do we save a failing series?
Ea looks around the room looking for eager people, Ubisoft raises their hand.
Ubisoft "I have an idea."
EA "SOLD! you have 5 months."

It would be nice if they added quite a number of non-hypercars. Tired if seeing them in almost every single game. What happend to souping up "your dad's" sedan :odd:

Some more attainable cars can be spotted in the trailier, including the GT86 and (supposedly) Audi S5. You even have vehicles like the Chevrolet C10 and Datsun 240Z which can be restored from a perished state. It's not a complete hypercar fest.

Well, my interest is lower now if they're moving away from racing and going to 'action driving' (sounds like a politically correct cop-out) through various set-pieces in not-Nevada for a tacked-on narrative of "we wuz crewz 'n sheeit".:dopey:

We still have to see how customization plays a role in, what at face value, looks like "The Run: Redone", which doesn't leave a lot to hope for. But November is quite a ways away, perhaps they can put forth reasons why I should be interested in this vs. F1 2017, or DiRT 4, or whatever.

All they had to do was make a proper Underground 3, but that's now in the same class as Half-Life 3 amiright? :lol:

Last edited:
There was mention of different modes which kind of puts The Run as an unlikely inspiration imo. What'll hopefully happen is we get a 2015 2.0 (or a Most Wanted 3.0) with ranking needed to gain notariety. So hopefully some dicking around, repeat play throughs and after the story is done you are the boss of the city. That brings up another reason The Run is out. You'd need two cities for that to work and since the we are isolated to a given area it would be insane for Ghost to use The Run model as they'd end up with a worse game than The Run (career suicide). You'd effectively end up with NFS 2015 with only one race and no replay (worth a damn anyway).

I've been reading up on more articles relating to NFS: Payback, and I think I've figured out what the "Runner" vehicle class is. As far as I can tell, the Runner class is a pursuit class, built for "stealth and dodging cops and threading through rush hour traffic." The other classes are pretty self-explanatory.

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/06/02/need-for-speed-payback-looks-faster-more-furious

"Accessible racing"

Oh god... (NFS 2015 physics confirmed?)

How broken will the physics be?

VOTE NOW ON YOUR PHONES

"Accessible racing"

Oh god... (NFS 2015 physics confirmed?)

How broken will the physics be?

VOTE NOW ON YOUR PHONES
What was wrong with the physics in 2015. I actually found them quite manageable. They weren't overly twitchy or overly stiff unless you went to extremes. Most cars could be adjusted to workable physics.

While I'm aware everyone has different tastes I'm going to ask the impossible question. What handling do you prefer (use an NFS game as an example (hell even state the settings for that game incase anyone has that game and is willing to test a theory).

It really seems that EA has created such confusion that they can't stick to a popular pattern. Saying that, regardless of descent, if Payback stuck to the same physics as before (nfs 2015) it would be a sign of improvement as it would show consistancy, something sorely lacking in NFS.

Out of curiousity which NFS game had the best handling or best handling set ups. I vote for NFS 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back