Need for Speed: Rivals

Can we please just get back on topic? Yay. A person got banned. Hooray. Need for $peed talk now.

$ denotes how EA has turned the series into a cash cow with endless amounts of DLCs and online passes (which they have apparently ended).

Can we please just get back on topic? Yay. A person got banned. Hooray. Need for $peed talk now.

$ denotes how EA has turned the series into a cash cow with endless amounts of DLCs and online passes (which they have apparently ended).

Yep, Spoil-t got banned, big deal. This isn't the "OMGZ Spoil-t is banned" thread.
EA only abolished Online Passes because of the Xbone's DRM strategy. If Sony are wise, the PS4 won't have DRM and Online Passes aren't a problem from PS4 owners, meaning MS won't have a chance against Sony.

Then follow his lead.

No because I like talking to the majority people on this forum who aren't whining all the time and reporting every post they don't like even if it doesn't break the rules. Spoil-t couldn't be bothered with that anymore. Like a lot of people. You came on this thread just to argue and anger another user. Nice one mate. I thought someone who paid $12-25 just to have a red name on a forum would have better things to do but clearly not. You provoked, that person reacted and they get banned.

@Dan, like every business or organisation. They are there to make money, nothing else. Customer satisfaction doesn't come into it. Before when gaming was not such a huge money-making franchise, making good games was the most important thing. For EA it's just abusing the reputation of the NFS name and pumping out decent games every year to make as much money as possible.

Bacon
You came on this thread just to argue and anger another user. Nice one mate. I thought someone who paid $12-25 just to have a red name on a forum would have better things to do but clearly not. You provoked, that person reacted and they get banned.
Check again.

I originally made a post voicing my thoughts on the game. Once I saw Spoil decide to use a derogatory comment (and stand behind it), I called him out; the kid had made enough stupid comments & ran away from them. It appears others had some sort of agreement.

And just for the hell of it, I'll let you know I didn't pay for my premium. Hope I didn't kill whatever point it was you were attempting to make with that. Try attacking my post count next, though. Seems to be the popular choice for people with failing arguments such as yours. 👍

@Dan, like every business or organisation. They are there to make money, nothing else. Customer satisfaction doesn't come into it. Before when gaming was not such a huge money-making franchise, making good games was the most important thing. For EA it's just abusing the reputation of the NFS name and pumping out decent games every year to make as much money as possible.

Putting the company before the customers. Great business practices, right?

With the previous CEO of EA gone, do you think that Rivals will show better results because of the choices that were made before this game has surfaced?

With the previous CEO of EA gone, do you think that Rivals will show better results because of the choices that were made before this game has surfaced?

I think it's releasing too soon to take advantage of any goodwill towards the company.

And just for the hell of it, I'll let you know I didn't pay for my premium. Hope I didn't kill whatever point it was you were attempting to make with that. Try attacking my post count next, though. Seems to be the popular choice for people with failing arguments such as yours. 👍

Your post count is too high. You should get out more.

"while weather conditions constantly change as you race and chase in snow, hail, rain, dust storms and heavy fog."

Changing weather. Nice. The water effects on the cars looks good. Similar to PGR4.

"while weather conditions constantly change as you race and chase in snow, hail, rain, dust storms and heavy fog."

Changing weather. Nice. The water effects on the cars looks good. Similar to PGR4.

So does that mean the streets will still look wet all the time like in Most unWanted?

It would only be nice if the handling of the car actually changed in differing weather conditions. Otherwise it's just annoying.

So does that mean the streets will still look wet all the time like in Most unWanted?
Streets have been wet looking since Underground 1. They dried up a little in Hot Pursuit.

It would only be nice if the handling of the car actually changed in differing weather conditions. Otherwise it's just annoying.
I agree, just like PGR4.

I think it's releasing too soon to take advantage of any goodwill towards the company.

Good point. I guess we'll have to wait until at least next year to see any real decent changes for the better.

Yep, Spoil-t got banned, big deal. This isn't the "OMGZ Spoil-t is banned" thread.
He's suspended not banned. Oh dang! 👎[/sarcasm]

Who knows. The problems reside with the person they appoint to the "HURRY! Get this game out!" department.

If they don't do it right it'll be cheap. If I'm in an area that's warm enough for dust storms I don't want to see snow down the road.

I agree. If I drift into snow I expect the car to slide out more.

Vanquish and SLS move on from the first half of the first round. It's just a popularity contest at the end of the day, but perhaps pitting the Cayman to the SLS was a bit unfair; they aren't even in the same class.

Well gamestop are now accepting pre-orders today. The day after I was up there saying it was not in our system... :banghead:

"Now if you don't know of Simbin you're probably not into hardcore racing simulators on PC, but the Swedish studio successfully developed some of the most realistic racing simulators on the market. We were given a brief look at some metrics, that don't really tell this reporter anything, but the takeaway is simple. There is a deep and very detailed physics engine at work behind the scenes in Need for Speed: Rivals - and while this is toned to allow for excessive drifting and the more accessible brand racing Need for Speed is known for, the foundation is there for a simulation

The handling and physics set up in this is very, very realistic, but what we do is we layer on top of that, the ability to drift the car very quickly around the corner and just having a lot of fun within two minutes of picking up the controller," explains creative director Craig Sullivan. "Yes, we always start off with very realistic, very beliveable physics so that these cars can pretty much do anything and it looks right. The we layer on the Criterion special sauce of getting camera right, getting the drifting right, getting the feeling of the braking or the e-braking, jumping or even just the collisions are very, very finely tuned. We know we're not making a simulation. We could make a simulation if we wanted to, but we know in this type of game for these guys who are racing chasing as a cop and a racer, they want it to be something that's very... Easy to get into, but quite hard to master."

Need for Speed Rivals Preview

So not sure about the car list for Rivals but I would certainly like to see

Ferrari:
F50
458 Italia
F150 (err..LaFerrari)

McLaren:
F1 (+ variations)
MP4-12C (+ variations)
P1

Pagani:
Zonda (+ variations)
Huayra

Koenigsegg:
Agera
Agera R
CCXR

That would make me a happy camper.

EDIT:

Please, please, please use the control scheme/driving mechanics from HP. Drifting was fun and not a chore. Both "the run" and "most wanted" got it wrong imo. If you are going to be an arcade style game, embrace that $***. Hot Pursuit did and was all the better for it.

Last edited:
HP 2010 & MW 2012 had almost the same control scheme & driving mechanics. In the MW they just dialed back the drifting & upped the hang time but HP was much better, I agree.

We could make a simulation if we wanted to, but we know in this type of game for these guys who are racing chasing as a cop and a racer, they want it to be something that's very... Easy to get into, but quite hard to master."
And that's what really breaks my heart about the new NFS. I get that they are catering to the casual crowd, but still.

Rainbow Dash
HP 2010 & MW 2012 had almost the same control scheme & driving mechanics. In the MW they just dialed back the drifting & upped the hang time but HP was much better, I agree.

I disagree. HP is the worst racing game of the gen for me.

It was an easy game to play, yes but it did take skill to make people swear you were hacking because you keep beating the 7 other players by 30-50 seconds. :lol:

And in turn, it couldn't decide what it wanted to be completely ruining the game for myself & a couple others.

Was very saddened they did not use the mechanics from HP, because while it was a complete copy of their Burnout games, it still worked for what they were going for. Hoping Rivals returns that or at least, The Run.

I tried the MW 2012 - borrowed from a friend, didn't like it at all. Will this NFS Rival have a demo soon ? I hope I can use face buttons for gas/brake, I hate shoulder buttons preset in all recent NFS titles.

"Now if you don't know of Simbin you're probably not into hardcore racing simulators on PC, but the Swedish studio successfully developed some of the most realistic racing simulators on the market. We were given a brief look at some metrics, that don't really tell this reporter anything, but the takeaway is simple. There is a deep and very detailed physics engine at work behind the scenes in Need for Speed: Rivals - and while this is toned to allow for excessive drifting and the more accessible brand racing Need for Speed is known for, the foundation is there for a simulation

The handling and physics set up in this is very, very realistic, but what we do is we layer on top of that, the ability to drift the car very quickly around the corner and just having a lot of fun within two minutes of picking up the controller," explains creative director Craig Sullivan. "Yes, we always start off with very realistic, very beliveable physics so that these cars can pretty much do anything and it looks right. The we layer on the Criterion special sauce of getting camera right, getting the drifting right, getting the feeling of the braking or the e-braking, jumping or even just the collisions are very, very finely tuned. We know we're not making a simulation. We could make a simulation if we wanted to, but we know in this type of game for these guys who are racing chasing as a cop and a racer, they want it to be something that's very... Easy to get into, but quite hard to master."

Need for Speed Rivals Preview

So no mandatory drifting?
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Latest Posts

Back