Need for Speed: Rivals

So I posted something in the MW thread first about Rivals, and i get no credit? geez you guys are cool. This NFS BETTER have balanced cars, the weapons better not be game changing like the EMP was in HP2010. There better be no Viper/Striling Moss spam. All of you BETTER HAVE SOME VARIETY IN YOUR CAR CHOICES. NOT 20 people in the Aventador.

Yeah nobody cares about your ego mate. And the majority of players will always gravitate to the best cars because they want to win. Putting yourself at a disadvantage is stupid if you want to win.

So I posted something in the MW thread first about Rivals, and i get no credit? geez you guys are cool. This NFS BETTER have balanced cars, the weapons better not be game changing like the EMP was in HP2010. There better be no Viper/Striling Moss spam. All of you BETTER HAVE SOME VARIETY IN YOUR CAR CHOICES. NOT 20 people in the Aventador.

I only race for Team McLaren!

I always used the F1 and MP4-12C. The F1 was great and won tons of matches with it. the 12C though was outlcassed in that game but a few cars which didn't actually make that much sense to me but oh well.

I'm the type of player that would rather lose in a car I like and try my best instead of play a car that will win just because it will win. Lucky for me the F1 was probably overall the best car in that game imo.

Hopefully they tier off the cars in Rivals. MW wasn't the best with no tiers... damn Veyrons.

this is something that bugs me about TDU2. Too many cars in each category. like Zondas and the 12C in the same grouping as the Veyron and Koenigsegg smh.. lol

this is annother thing I think HP did well -- performance,sports, super, exotic, hyper. Great separation for the most part while still making each class feel good.

Better off getting it for next gen. I honestly believe these games that will be both gen will suck/be glitchy on this gen consoles because they spent all their time refining them for next gen.

Well unlike you I am actually going to wait for about a year or 2 to see how well the ps4 does, also just don't have the money to buy a ps4 right away. Also no real good launch date games...

I always used the F1 and MP4-12C. The F1 was great and won tons of matches with it. the 12C though was outlcassed in that game but a few cars which didn't actually make that much sense to me but oh well.
What? The MP4-12C was one of the best in the tier. It only lacked speed compared to the others. It could drift on a dime & take the tightest corners faster than any other car in the game. I used to trash Zonda/Viper/Moss users in that on the routes without many long straights.

Also no real good launch date games...
The new COD & NFS are enough for me to be sold on the PS4. If the new GTA is surprisingly on the PS4 to I would die but I doubt it will be.

ya, i'm in the same boat. I don't want to shell out for a new system just yet. If they keep making cross gen titles. I'll keep getting them (as long as they aren't trash of course)

edit:

I always felt like the Zondas would overtake the Mclaren and if they were good at drifting it was over. I should note that I spent FAR less time in exotic class. Nearly 90% of my game time was driving the F1.

ya, i'm in the same boat. I don't want to shell out for a new system just yet. If they keep making cross gen titles. I'll keep getting them (as long as they aren't trash of course).
The big devs usually cross gen for a year at the most & abandon the last gen. Since the gaming world is all about MONEY MONEY MONEY nowadays I can see it happening quicker.

Post it in the right topic next time...

What? There was only one topic open! There you go again acting high and mighty. And it doesnt matter if the car is your fav, if it's op and not balanced you shouldn't drive it and claim your a skilled player. It's not about my ego, its about getting credit... You all post something and pat each other on the backs,but I do so and get no recognition when I usually post something first and thats of relevance.

tumblr_ma3vgk138j1qzihejo1_500.gif

If you read the OP before he said this thread will be renamed when the game was announced. Pay attention.

PS. First pics of the game were posted here first so you weren't first with the info.

Wondering if they have snow tires :lol: or it maybe a bit tricky driving in the snow.

They already announced that it is for PC (Physical/Digital), Xbox and PS3. No plans on PS4.

It's already revealed that it would be for the PS4.

I agree that multiplayer is the way forward, I personally play Counter Strike and BF3 on my PC. But how hard is it to add a custom race option to a racing game? It adds a ton of replay value. Also I respect Criterion for the Burnout series, and just like you I loved Burnout Paradise, I completed it 100%.
But what Criterion did to NFS is unbearable to me, sure they brough the series "back to its roots", but completely ruined it with the amature drift physics which have no place in an nfs game. When I tried HP2012 for the first time, not only did I want to puke at the handling and nitrous on super cars, I immediately turned the game off the moment my GT3 RS shifted into 7th gear... Criteron further converted the series into Burnout with the god awful Most Wanted "remake", which is not worthy of the Most Wanted title, infact it's an insult to the original's fans like me, nitrous and huge jumps with exotic real life cars? *pukes*
I guess I should let go of my hopes of ever seeing a proper new back to the roots NFS, with Criterion in charge of the series. I'm waiting to see what Driveclub has in storage, because it seems to have the potential to be what NFS once was.

What's awesome about NFS: Rivals is the Single Player/Multiplayer Integration. It's similar to NFS World. Note that EA mentioned that there is no lobby for Multiplayer. *hint**hint*.

Niyologist
What's awesome about NFS: Rivals is the Single Player/Multiplayer Integration. It's similar to NFS World. Note that EA mentioned that there is no lobby for Multiplayer. *hint**hint*.

I really hope you are right, I hated the set events for every car in MW2012, once you beat all events for one car you could only race it again online, or redo the set races, neither of which I like.

While doing a bit of digging there will be some differences in Next gen and current gen systems.
AllDrive, however, is not exclusive to Xbox One and PS4. "AllDrive will feature on current-gen and next-gen but there will be differences," Nilsson added, explaining the next-gen's ability to include more online players and "some ways of interacting with that game from different devices." The producer further clarified – citing the Xbox One's second-screen SmartGlass app – the team's intention to build players "different ways to interact with the game instead of just sitting in front of a TV."

So if that is all that next gen will include is more online people and interaction from apps and whatnot. I think I will stick with the current one.

I really hope you are right, I hated the set events for every car in MW2012, once you beat all events for one car you could only race it again online, or redo the set races, neither of which I like.

If you played NFS World, you'll know exactly that this is the integration that they want. The PS4/XBox One are very capable of holding at least 12 people when doing both single player and multiplayer. Think about it, the Recommended System Requirements for NFS World is basically the equivalent for PCs of 2009, so therefore the PS4/XBox One are far more than ready to take on the Single Player/Multiplayer Integration without lagging or crashing.

If you played NFS World, you'll know exactly that this is the integration that they want. The PS4/XBox One are very capable of holding at least 12 people when doing both single player and multiplayer. Think about it, the Recommended System Requirements for NFS World is basically the equivalent for PCs of 2009, so therefore the PS4/XBox One are far more than ready to take on the Single Player/Multiplayer Integration without lagging or crashing.

I've heard that the XBOX One can be capable of 120+ player matches in FPS games. I would not be surprised seeing larger races in NFSR.

I've heard that the XBOX One can be capable of 120+ player matches in FPS games. I would not be surprised seeing larger races in NFSR.

I didn't know that. So there ya go. That's proof enough about the Single Player/Multiplayer Integration. Thanks for telling me that. :)

Hmmm guys, is the website working for you? It's been down for me since yesterday afternoon :(

Works fine for me on my iPhone. And it wasn't those awful, poorly made mobile sites. It was the regular site.

I think the La Ferrari would be DLC because it's not on the cover,new flagship model,plus it's brand new,and it's a pack seller. Calling it now, the Aventador is cop only. i really hope they stick to they guns have the cars on 1 side only. HP was supposed to do that but later changed to include almost everything. That increased the amount of underpowered cars in a class.

Considering how the Ferraris have been in both banner art and the teaser trailer, I don't think it'll be DLC.

I'm not sure if this was posted here already.
The major difference between the current- and next-gen versions of Rivals, according to Nilsson, is one of developer philosophy. "It's a mindset of how you think about how people will play these games. To me, visuals are great – absolutely – but unless you can use that power to play that game differently, then we failed." To ensure success under this philosophy, Ghost and Criterion are "pushing" a feature called AllDrive, which allows friends to enter and exit each other's worlds seamlessly and "on-the-fly."

"AllDrive is fundamentally a way for us to destroy the line between playing alone and playing with friends. Destroying the line between single-player and multiplayer," Nilsson said, before offering a use case scenario for the system. "Imagine you're playing Rivals, you're driving your car as a cop chasing someone. You're going through your progression, collecting points and then I join and we're friends, so we'll be put in the same world." Though the world is "pretty big" and each player can complete single-player tasks, they exist within the same environment and the "two experiences can merge."

If each player enters separate pursuits at different points in the world and eventually come across each other on the same road, Rivals transitions into a co-op state. "The game recognizes that now we're playing together and changes the scoring and changes the objectives for you, to acknowledge that you're now playing co-op," Nilsson adds. Depending on the amount of people you encounter or chose to play with, the game will adjust by providing new variations to play the game. "That to me is really a new mindset and where I think we wouldn't have gone to unless we started thinking along the lines of the next-generation."

AllDrive, however, is not exclusive to Xbox One and PS4. "AllDrive will feature on current-gen and next-gen but there will be differences," Nilsson added, explaining the next-gen's ability to include more online players and "some ways of interacting with that game from different devices." The producer further clarified – citing the Xbox One's second-screen SmartGlass app – the team's intention to build players "different ways to interact with the game instead of just sitting in front of a TV."

On a FPS all that's being transmitted is a slow moving player & weapon use. Open world racing games they have to transmit fast moving cars & traffic sync across a big play space so I think 16 players would be the max.

Also 120+ player matches won't come to COD if the One's claim is even true.

I want the Ferrari 458 and McLaren P1 most. So far every car (bar the F12) has appeared in Most Wanted.

Latest Posts

Back