Need Help Tuning? Ask Here!

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 299 comments
Hey everyone I got a Chevy nova
Umm it's got realy good speed but!
I need help on getting better start and how to adjust the suspension for the car I drive on automatic idk if that's the case or not but please help!! Please help me tune.......

Hey everyone I got a Chevy nova
Umm it's got realy good speed but!
I need help on getting better start and how to adjust the suspension for the car I drive on automatic idk if that's the case or not but please help!! Please help me tune.......

Suspension is simple

Ride height: max/max
Springs: min/max
Dampers.... who cares
Anti rolls: not really needed, but max/max just in case you need to make some steering adjustments coming out of the hole. ( I find it help ease the pain of a tail happy rear end... but each to their own )
Camber: 3/0
Toe: -1/.60

And in the case of the Nova, you'll need to chuck some weight over the rear wheels. That'll certainly help with the launch.

Never, ever use an auto trans in a muscle car.

Consider yourself helped! 👍

Last edited:
Yhan
Suspension is simple

Dampers.... who cares
Anti rolls: not really needed, but max/max just in case you need to make some steering adjustments coming out of the hole. ( I find it help ease the pain of a tail happy rear end... but each to their own )

And in the case of the Nova, you'll need to chuck some weight over the rear wheels. That'll certainly help with the launch.

Consider yourself helped! 👍[/QUO thanks I'm gonna try it to see if better than my tune

I ment thank you
1 more question how is it that for example I get my nova with all the mods and it's like 700 hp and I saw a guy with the same mods and he had 1200hp?
Suspension is simple

Dampers.... who cares

Consider yourself helped! 👍

I ment thank you
1 more question how is it that for example I get my nova with all the mods and it's like 700 hp and I saw a guy with the same mods and he had 1200hp?

The full power for a Nova is 797hp anything higher is a hack, this guy indeed did have a hack if he had 1,200hp. Even when you call them on it they will lie despite the fact that you can see their power now in the members list.

The full power for a Nova is 797hp anything higher is a hack, this guy indeed did have a hack if he had 1,200hp. Even when you call them on it they will lie despite the fact that you can see their power now in the members list.

Look at the pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 13
Look at the pic

This isn't accurate, he is claiming to have 1,200hp with no proof and this is with nitrous. In GT6 nitrous basically just doubles your power thus making you go 20mph faster, in real life nitrous just increases acceleration to a certain point, the nitrous physics in GT6 are so far from realistic it makes me sick. If I tried to explain everything that is wrong with this picture's assumption and the nitrous physics in GT6 in grave detail we would be here for days. Anyway, the teams on here are non nitrous teams, meaning we DON'T run with nitrous, so don't worry about this fake assumption.

Ok thank you for one second I was thinking $100,000 on each car for drag but now I know it's all from the engine
Thanks bro
This isn't accurate, he is claiming to have 1,200hp with no proof and this is with nitrous. In GT6 nitrous basically just doubles your power thus making you go 20mph faster, in real life nitrous just increases acceleration to a certain point, the nitrous physics in GT6 are so far from realistic it makes me sick. If I tried to explain everything that is wrong with this picture's assumption and the nitrous physics in GT6 in grave detail we would be here for days. Anyway, the teams on here are non nitrous teams, meaning we DON'T run with nitrous, so don't worry about this fake assumption.

I would love to tune my NSX type r to do some online racing on nurb but the car feels quite good on stock racing susp and LSD so I have no idea what to do whit it (sounds kind of stupid I know)

I have wing installed and body rigidity (or what ever it is) improved.

So I really hope to get some tips how to make it faster, I mean IMO the NSX type r doesn't suffer from over or understreer so what in the world should I even try to do it?

:ill:

OK just noticed that I was on drag race forums... hmmm.. so this place is for drag tunes??:dunce:

ODB
I would love to tune my NSX type r to do some online racing on nurb but the car feels quite good on stock racing susp and LSD so I have no idea what to do whit it (sounds kind of stupid I know)

So I really hope to get some tips how to make it faster, I mean IMO the NSX type r doesn't suffer from over or understreer so what in the world should I even try to do it?

OK just noticed that I was on drag race forums... hmmm.. so this place is for drag tunes??:dunce:

I refer you to the circuit tuning database, go to this link

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/?prefix_id=1

Did you do all weight reductions??
ODB

Hmmm. since this is drag forum, what should I do to the gear box to make it as fast as possible? Do you guys use different gear ratios for normal racing and for drag?

That depends
1:your car
2:are you gonna drag or actually race??
ODB
Hmmm. since this is drag forum, what should I do to the gear box to make it as fast as possible? Do you guys use different gear ratios for normal racing and for drag?

Hey umm thanks for the help earlier...

If you wanna come drag just add me psn: spectar01

@daan I seek you are into formula
1?

Last edited:
Look at the pic
That is an estimate. The Nova gets 797 Round up to 800 + a 50% shot of N2O gives you a estimate of 1200 HP.
As mentioned the N2O system is flawed and not really understood thanks to PDs generic, detailed explanations of what the Parts actually do.

ODB
Oh yes of course. And I do races from 500-550 pp and don't really believe in flat floors :D
:bowdown: Flat floors are as much a waste of PP and lost top speed in circuit as it is in Drag. Dont waste the time or money.

ODB
Yes the ratios will be different between drag racing and circuit. But you can use the same power curve theroy from Master__Shakes Tuning Guide<-click me!) and implement it in circuit racing just flip the trans at a higher ratio to compensate for long straights(I always question if I spelled it right) and drafting.

ODB
Honda NSX type R, and I really don't care about drag racing, though I did a lot of testing for drag in GT4 but I really don't remember anything useful...
Take GT4s tuning and Throw it out the window. If you do get back into Drag Racing things are different.

That is an estimate. The Nova gets 797 Round up to 800 + a 50% shot of N2O gives you a estimate of 1200 HP.
As mentioned the N2O system is flawed and not really understood thanks to PDs generic, detailed explanations of what the Parts actually do.

:bowdown: Flat floors are as much a waste of PP and lost top speed in circuit as it is in Drag. Dont waste the time or money.

Yes the ratios will be different between drag racing and circuit. But you can use the same power curve theroy from Master__Shakes Tuning Guide<-click me!) and implement it in circuit racing just flip the trans at a higher ratio to compensate for long straights(I always question if I spelled it right) and drafting.

Take GT4s tuning and Throw it out the window. If you do get back into Drag Racing things are different.

How to figure out a car with a 50% shot of nitrous and other percentages:

For a 50% shot of nitrous take the amount of power, in this case 797hp, divide the power by two, which comes out to 398.5, add 398.5 to 797 and you get 1,195.5hp, close to the amount given but the problem is that the nitrous physics in GT6 are so flawed that instead of giving you increased acceleration to a certain point it gives you 1,195.5hp from 0-highest rpm rate thus for some reason increasing top speed by 20-30mph depending on the car. This is not realistic whatsoever if this happened in real life you would most likely destroy your engine or die from an explosion. For cars with a 100% shot of nitrous you just simply take the power and double it, let's say you have a car with 500hp with a 100% shot of nitrous, it would simply give you 1,000hp all the way through your rpm range. A 70% shot of nitrous is roughly your power divided into fourths, you then take three fourths of the power and add it to your max power, an example: let's say you have a car with 1,000hp, you would take 1,000 and divide it by four which comes out to 250 in each fourth, take three fourths of this, 750, and add it to your 1,000hp, this gives you 1,750hp all the way through your rpm range, even when you're out of your powerband it still keeps accelerating at the same rate as when you're in your powerband which is also flawed. A 25% shot of nitrous is very similar to a 70% shot just using one fourth and adding it to the power you already have instead of three fourths. I hope this was educational and that people finally understand the nitrous physics a bit better in this game.

Flat floors are God in tiny tracks or tracks with many sharp turns because of how decent they can hook up, considering I'm tail happy, for example the first corner in spa is always out in out with drastic braking, but with racing hards you can tail out and cut the time braking and putting more time into acceleration, this works with the cork screw in Laguna Seca but be mind ful of the elevation and the amount of power being put out, In drag I use the highest rpm / 6 (6 lines or sections in the chart, power chart) and add up each section prior to where peak power is, pretty straight forward if it's in the middle you can divide a section by 2 and add that number to the sections prior. Much faster than the ruler method. I also do this to see how long I should ride a gear in a turn, unless I'm drifting then rpm doesn't matter as long as it's with in the turbo and right speed. /advice

What is a good 'tree' technique? Like how to get the quickest launch off the line as soon as the ghost appears. I've tried half brake, and even quarter of brake pressure, can't really get as fast as some others though :/ somebody give me more options that are like I said, quick techniques

What is a good 'tree' technique? Like how to get the quickest launch off the line as soon as the ghost appears. I've tried half brake, and even quarter of brake pressure, can't really get as fast as some others though :/ somebody give me more options that are like I said, quick techniques

Lather that button up with liquid Velveeta it will help a lot, that's what I do :D

What button are you using? Try using e brake with the left analog up or down. How is your internet?

Back