Need Help Tuning? Ask Here!

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 299 comments
I need a little help with the Esprit Sport 350. Tried tuning not too long ago and it wheelies like a mad man. I've tried a few suspension combos to prevent it from doing wheelies, but they seem to make it a little slower. Is there something I can do to make it fast yet not constantly wheelie throughout the entire 1/4 mile?

I need a little help with the Esprit Sport 350. Tried tuning not too long ago and it wheelies like a mad man. I've tried a few suspension combos to prevent it from doing wheelies, but they seem to make it a little slower. Is there something I can do to make it fast yet not constantly wheelie throughout the entire 1/4 mile?
I had trouble with this car too, but what I did, is lowering the front ride height untill it wheelies consistently and doesn't get out of hand. Seems to be a little slower, but I prefer consistency over speed, at least in online lobbies.
Hope this helps.👍

Not sure about dampers they are a really negligible thing and wouldn't significantly affect much as much as weight, adding a few kg, changing spring rates and ride height will affect wheelies though.

Last edited:

Sleight tweaks to the springs and damper extensions..

Ride height a little, but that is in need for serious non wheelie.. Beware, will affect 0-60 ft.. BAD!

Need a base tune for 98 Integra anyone???
I'm not going to give you a tune, but I CAN give you an idea on how to make it quick. For transmission, flip it around 3.700-3.900 depending on your ballast & weight setup. Then make it into a 1-2-3 quick-shift launch. Mess with it for a while until you find the perfect spot. The general idea:
1st gear: Left all the way
2nd gear: Tweaked 20-30 to the right
3rd gear: 3/4 to the right
4th, 5th, and 6th gears: All the way right

For suspension, try this out:
Ride height: min/min
Spring rate: max/max (can be tweaked for better launch, I use 2.25 from max on front/minimum on rear)
Dampers: 1,1 for compression and extension (or just leave them stock)
Anti-roll bars: 1,1 (or stock)
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.00/0.00

ok..am trying to run between 945 to 966 kg and -50 ballast weight....it a 99 Integra sorry bout that

At first i was going to mention you should use red calipers for the 98 Integra but seeing as it is a 99 Integra I'd recommend yellow calipers because the difference between the two models is massive and these changes will guarantee your success. True story*

*Story is not true.

Hey guys. I've been trying to tune a supra and its killing me. I cant get rid of the wheel spin, any suggestions?

The supra is always going to light the tires. You can play around with ballast set to the rear. You will launch better but lose some pull in the top end.
Are you running stage 2 or 3 ?
How are you launching it ? are you quickshifting up to 2nd or 3rd ?

The supra is always going to light the tires. You can play around with ballast set to the rear. You will launch better but lose some pull in the top end.
Are you running stage 2 or 3 ?
How are you launching it ? are you quickshifting up to 2nd or 3rd ?
Stage 3 and I'm quick shifting until 3rd gear. I'll try a ballast! Thank you.

This Thread is for the discussion of 1/4mi. Tuning and Tips/Tricks of 1/4 mi. Tuning.
This Thread is not about just asking for a Tune, but the willingness to learn.

First and foremost, please read this first: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-4-mile-transmission-guide-for-dummies-illustrated.294981/ before asking about Transmissions.:D

Please feel free, to ask questions and/or make comments about your observations in Drag Racing.

Even though, we don't like to give out Tunes, some members may decide to give out a Base Tune(not a perfect Tune, but shows you the right direction to Tune your car.)

If you still have problems figuring out your/how to Tune, please provide your Tune, so we can see where you have the settings wrong and tell you how to fix it.

We will not give specific numbers or Full Tunes, so don't bother asking.
If you do receive a Base Tune, don't cry that its not the best, ask for help on how to deal, with whatever problems you are experiencing in the Base Tune.

As we learn more Tips and Tricks, I will add to the list of them.

Also I will create a list of Base Tunes that have been supplied in this Thread.
I will test the Base Tunes to make sure they are not literally a BaSe(did ya catch that?) tune. As to not waste my time, making links to bad Base Tunes.(even though I might waste my time testing some):indiff:

Tips and Tricks:
  • CH-SH Tires, on non driven wheels.(Depends on drive-train) Said to have been fixed patch 1.05
  • No Flat Floors.(A upgrade in the Custom Parts(aero) options)
  • Raked suspensions(min/max ride height), are not the best option, for all drive-trains. Mainly for FWD and 4WD use. RWD and MR max/max

Base Tunes:

GTPlanet's Tunes Section
Tunes by:
kingking
Shells N Cheese
ArticTrust
irabbiT
And many others!
More to come in the future!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drag-tuning-guide-for-various-cars.307795/
By: nascarfan657

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drag-setups-for-mrangrybirdshdz-check-it-out-d.313771/
By: MrAngeryBirds

As usual, any help with ideas, etc.. for this Thread are welcome.:cheers:

New people and Trolls, do not flood this Thread with requests for Tunes!!:mad::mischievous:

Also lets keep this civil so it does not get locked.

*All Tips are opinions, hypothesize and/or heard rumors/facts.
*All tunes are from their respective creator/s.
I have the buick gnx and I need it to stop wheel spin some how can I fix that

And what's a good suspension tune for old muscle
A good suspension tune:
Ride Height: max/max
Spring Rate: min/max
Dampers (Ext & Comp): 1,1
Anti-roll bars: 1,1
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.00/0.00
This'll work well with all FR and MR drivetrain vehicles. min/min ride height and max/min springs for FF drivetrain vehicles.

EDIT: I've tested this on my cars and they are a bit faster with this setup rather than max/max springs.

Latest Posts

Back