Nenkai (X/Twitter): Kaz is cooking

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 981 comments
so, now that the car silhouettes are out, what’s everyone angry about now..?
the cars are fine, i think everyones just waiting to see what else is being delivered that will make this update BIG

I'll truly never understand people that act like the entire point of playing a game is just to make a number go up and not, you know, to have new and interesting and challenging experiences. I guess this is why we're stuck in this F2P hell that most of gaming is today.
each to their own.. i'll never understand why some people cant accept that we are all different, have different lives, different ages, different expectations for our entertainment, and just because it is different to ours, does not make it wrong, it only makes it different.

I totally agree with this. Everybody is different and just because we all enjoy this game for different reasons it doesn't mean that one way is better than the other it just different and that's okay

Kaz: I'll share a teaser for the cars that will be added in the next update, like I do for every update, and then reveal full details of the update later, just like I do every time. Yes, just a teaser for the cars, not details of the whole update, just a teaser for the cars. Repeat, just a teaser for the cars, there will be other things added, this is just a teaser for the cars. A teaser. For the cars. Not the full update. A teaser.

Community: omg I can't believe it's only cars omg laaame
brilliant! love it! And yet there are some one these forms that would crucify you for daring to not be patient lol. You have captured the feelings of the hardcore community very well!

It's going to be interesting to see how much love these cars are given in Online and TT. Can definitely see the GT3 and LFA getting TT events.

The the rest are a little niche really so I'm hoping more missions where those are the viable cars.

A track would be where my elation would come from as that is something that can be used for multiple things and adds to the online roster
what good is a track if you can only race 3 styles of car on it (outside of custom and multiplayer). I would like to see them open up all the wonderful tracks that we already have so that you can race all of your cars on all of the tracks in campaign mode... that would be something!

Well what do you know, Nenkai was right once again! Kaz was cooking up a FEARSOME meal this whole time!

For the doomers who are still whining about no track or new races, think about this for a second. 6 of the 7 cars in this pack have been highly requested by the community, effectively making this a fanservice update. There's strong reason to believe we'll be getting a new track as well, on top of a nice helping of events. Something tells me this update may even mark the long-awaited return of seasonals or enduraces...
nenkai is always on point with his posts that he shares with this community, bless him! BUT we don't know what Kaz has cooked up. At this point, all that we know is a bunch of cool cars get added to the roster - that is all that is confirmed, and that aint nothing that's going to improve the game. Lets keep our powder dry until we see if the update is really going to be special.

nenkai is always on point with his posts that he shares with this community, bless him! BUT we don't know what Kaz has cooked up. At this point, all that we know is a bunch of cool cars get added to the roster - that is all that is confirmed, and that aint nothing that's going to improve the game. Lets keep our powder dry until we see if the update is really going to be special.
I believe double and triple posting is not encouraged on GTPlanet, think it may be best to keep it in one post if you can.

Last edited:
Kaz cooking seems that going successful till now with the new 6 cars and one EV that nobody will ride it twice ( i guess ).
He will continue this way or that's all ?
Time will tell .
giphy (10).gif

The Tesla was confirmed before the game came out .

The new track(s) is( are) almost guaranteed at this point since data for RRV was the track after GV .

Since Midfield came late into the life of GT6, it was a "premium" track. It seems like Midfield would be one of the easier tracks to remake as all they really need do is update the textures, foliage, and add some debris fencing.
Except they wouldn't just import an old track...they already massively re-imagined Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and especially Grand Valley. I'm expecting the same from any classic track in the future...they just love to update tracks.

Last edited:
Except they wouldn't just import an old track...they already massively re-imagined Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and especially Grand Valley. I'm expecting the same from any classic track in the future...they just love to update tracks.
All tracks that did not get the kind of remake or massive update treatment previously the way Mid-Field Raceway AND Apricot Hill Raceway did in GT6. Meanwhile notice that High Speed Ring, a track that got a remake as early as GT4 and effectively refined onwards, did not get a massive reimagining in GT7. At most, Mid-Field and Apricot will receive the same refinement treatment that High Speed Ring has gotten while being made to current standards.

Last edited:
Meanwhile notice that High Speed Ring, a track that got a remake as early as GT4 and effectively refined onwards, did not get a massive reimagining in GT7.
True, but I think there was no point in re-imagining such a simple track. (Plus it's a minor track that not many people care about so eh)

True, but I think there was no point in re-imagining such a simple track. (Plus it's a minor track that not many people care about so eh)
Point is though, it already was an updated track even before GT7 unlike the three you mentioned (Which didn't get anywhere near the care) so PD likely viewed those as needing to be seriously reimagined while High Speed at best just required minor tweaks and refinement. This indicates to me that any fictional track already massively updated between GT4 and GT6 will at most receive very little changes when they arrive while anything that didn't (or hasn't even appeared since GT2 or GT3 even) is likely subject to that massive reimagining.

Point is though, it already was an updated track even before GT7 unlike the three you mentioned (Which didn't get anywhere near the care) so PD likely viewed those as needing to be seriously reimagined while High Speed at best just required minor tweaks and refinement. This indicates to me that any fictional track already massively updated between GT4 and GT6 will at most receive very little changes when they arrive while anything that didn't (or hasn't even appeared since GT2 or GT3 even) is likely subject to that massive reimagining.

By "seriously reimagined" I'm sure you mean "meeting FIA requirements". I'm not savvy enough to bring up old posts here on the website, but there must be one laying around that mentions PD revamping tracks to meet FIA regulations. I'll be dammed if I imagined it 😅.

Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway already seem "FIA-enough" in their latest renditions. So I agree with your sentiment! They wouldn't need much of a tune up.

Those three were in need of a remake as the quality of them in GT6 were awful, plus TM and DF were small in scale and didn't lend themselves to 16 car grids very well. Midfield on the other hand flows well with 16 cars.

brilliant! love it! And yet there are some one these forms that would crucify you for daring to not be patient lol. You have captured the feelings of the hardcore community very well!

what good is a track if you can only race 3 styles of car on it (outside of custom and multiplayer). I would like to see them open up all the wonderful tracks that we already have so that you can race all of your cars on all of the tracks in campaign mode... that would be something!

I think this car selection we get this update will improve the game, at least it will add more enjoyment with more cars i always wanted, but of course the needs to be more to it witch i am pretty sure it will as well

By "seriously reimagined" I'm sure you mean "meeting FIA requirements". I'm not savvy enough to bring up old posts here on the website, but there must be one laying around that mentions PD revamping tracks to meet FIA regulations. I'll be dammed if I imagined it 😅.

Nope, that is a myth (likely started by people who hate esports and blame it solely for why Trail Mountain looks the way it does now). As repeatedly pointed out by @Famine (From a World Tour interview with an actual representative), the FIA have nothing to do with the fictional circuits.

Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway already seem "FIA-enough" in their latest renditions. So I agree with your sentiment! They wouldn't need much of a tune up.
No, that's just speculation that has been dismissed by official sources. The FIA have zero input in any of the fictional circuits, even for GT Sport they had no input or influence. Any changes are being done because PD want to do them for their own reasons.

Last edited:
Nope, that is a myth (likely started by people who hate esports and blame it solely for why Trail Mountain looks the way it does now). As repeatedly pointed out by @Famine (From a World Tour interview with an actual representative), the FIA have nothing to do with the fictional circuits.
Thanks for disconfirming that for me! I will be damned then!

The Tesla was confirmed before the game came out .
I think most of us assumed that was Dai Yoshihara's time attack car when it was confirmed as coming, maybe this could be like the Suzuki VGT where it's the base car in one update then the race version later on 🤔

I think this car selection we get this update will improve the game, at least it will add more enjoyment with more cars i always wanted, but of course the needs to be more to it witch i am pretty sure it will as well
Speaking from experience, more content doesn’t improve a game. It will add more variety, but fundamentally it’s the same game whether it has 500 cars or 800 cars.

Route X debuted In GT5 and got zero updates !

Grand Valley , Deep Forest and Trial Mountain were effectively the same GT4 models updated and those GT4 tracks were nearly identical to their GT3 counterparts aside from trackside and aesthetic changes .

Racecar makes sense , I doubt midfield and apricot hill will get massively changed when they got redone in their entirety for GT6 . I also think autumn ring will return mostly unchanged as it was completely redone for GT6 .

Route X debuted In GT5 and got zero updates !
Not true. They've not only changed textures on trackside signage, but they added more props since GT5 days, and they also changed the track lights. In GT6 the lights were blue, in GTS/7 they are yellow.

Last edited:
Back