Nenkai (X/Twitter): Kaz is cooking

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 981 comments
I can't imagine the FIA sparing even one brain cell on something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.
Exactly. I vaguely recall some marketing spiel in the GT Sport days along the lines of "the new fictional circuits are designed with FIA regulations in mind". Not that the FIA actually graded them (or had anything to do with the design).

Not true. They've not only changed textures on trackside signage, but they added more props since GT5 days, and they also changed the track lights. In GT6 the lights were blue, in GTS/7 they are yellow.
I was talking about the layout and general design. All the tracks got tiny updates like that between Gt5 and 6 too.

I think we get a new track and suzuka update.

But if they really was about the life... We would get A-Spec mode, massive single player overhaul, and cafe would be the side mission portion of the game.

In dreams - Roy Orbison
Cafe and garage in the same space is better idea

It sure improve my enjoyment of the game With more cars, specially with all the great cars we get this month
Truth to that.

With the recent Time Trials, I bet PD are watching the numbers of people jumping in, just to get ”free” cars. It’s a good incentive, but not winning cars in World Circuit play, is a bit slap in the face, after winning cars that way for twenty years.

Didn't know this needed to be spelled out.
Didn’t know you had to say it in the first place but I guess you are running out of negative things to say to resort to this petty nonsense

I vaguely recall some marketing spiel in the GT Sport days along the lines of "the new fictional circuits are designed with FIA regulations in mind". Not that the FIA actually graded them (or had anything to do with the design).
And here's the issue... you always say vague things without anything behind it, so this is what was said:
"FIA’s biggest influence has been GT Sport’s penalty system." doesn't seem like its referring to track design now does it

You can find it here

Last edited:
Didn’t know you had to say it in the first place but I guess you are running out of negative things to say to resort to this petty nonsense
Pointing out that the FIA had no involvement in the design of fantasy tracks with Grand Valley being an obvious example is being petty?

Pointing out that the FIA had no involvement in the design of fantasy tracks with Grand Valley being an obvious example is being petty?
I can't imagine the FIA being happy with the new Grand Valley.
Nice try but these are not the same thing,

You post is implying that if the FIA were involved they would not be happy to approve Grand Valley as a race track, it is not pointing out they didn't have involvement,
You tried to be negative as you always are and it's backfired

You post is implying that if the FIA were involved they would not be happy to approve Grand Valley as a race track, it is not pointing out they didn't have involvement,
If the fantasy tracks had to meet FIA certification (as some seem to genuinely believe), Grand Valley wouldn't exist in its current form. I can't imagine the FIA being happy with boulders lining the sides of the track and run off areas that end in a cliff dive.

If the fantasy tracks had to meet FIA certification (as some seem to genuinely believe), Grand Valley wouldn't exist in its current form. I can't imagine the FIA being happy with boulders lining the sides of the track and run off areas that end in a cliff dive.
Have you ever seen world rally championship races?

They are seemingly happy for both of those things....

Have you ever seen world rally championship races?

They are seemingly happy for both of those things....
I don't think the WRC stages fall under the same grading as circuits. 99% sure Grand Valley is intended as a circuit and not a rally stage.

Last edited:
Nice try but these are not the same thing,

I think the implication was that if the FIA were involved, we wouldn't have got the new Grand Valley track as it is.

A lot of the FIA grading system comes down to not just layout but facilities too like lighting systems, track loops, helipads, medical centres, curb types, gravel v tarmac run off etc

After watching the GT movies, FIA involvement is purely name only...Are they even working at the GT World Series events?

The FIA partnership but not FIA organization influenced track design because GT sport' was E sport focused and this E sport focus was crucial to securing a FIA partnership . PD wanted to make tracks that were suitable to E sports and crushed that goal with all of the new tracks

The new tracks are designed to have more clean overtake possibilities that cater to E sports / Online racing.

I don't think PD anticipated FIA and them to part ways and the tracks were already in development and PD may just also want to have tracks designed to suit online racing.

The whole safety argument or FIA directly influencing the design is bogus though . Tokyo expressway would never get approved nor would Grand Valley or Trail Mountain .

I think the rules will be modernised for e-sports...

When you take safety (team, driver and spectator) out of the equation.

Let alone cost of entry. No tracks are off limits. No hardware is the deciding factor.

I mean in all honesty what the hell is a FIA quick release for a console game sitting on a massive magnetron?

Personally I think you need to look at this more progressively, FIA wants to be involved with e-sports but have no background in it.

Dora, Counter Strike all serious esports.

None of their worlds are real.

If you flip the lense a little you realise that they want eyeballs watching stuff. I'm not sure modelled Marshall's safety is first and for most in a game that has a limited damage model (same for ACC) et al

The FIA partnership but not FIA organization influenced track design because GT sport' was E sport focused and this E sport focus was crucial to securing a FIA partnership . PD wanted to make tracks that were suitable to E sports and crushed that goal with all of the new tracks

The new tracks are designed to have more clean overtake possibilities that cater to E sports / Online racing.

I don't think PD anticipated FIA and them to part ways and the tracks were already in development and PD may just also want to have tracks designed to suit online racing.

The whole safety argument or FIA directly influencing the design is bogus though . Tokyo expressway would never get approved nor would Grand Valley or Trail Mountain .
We're those tracks influenced by the FIA partnership though? Or by the fact the game was eSports focused? One is not dependant on the other, GT Sport would have been an eSports title even if the FIA had no interest in a partnership with Polyphony. So would the circuits have ever been designed any differently?

I do agree that the tracks were designed with overtaking opportunities in mind, but I fail to see how the FIA were influencing that design choice given the information we have availalbe.

As for the partnerhip being placed on hold, that was most certainly not planned. I think your comment that they wanted tracks suited to online racing is on point, and that doesn't have to involve the FIA at all. Afterall, it has been confirmed directly that they have no involvement in the design of PD's fictional circuits. They could design a track on the moon if they were mad enough.

I get how you might think simply having the partnership brings some degree of indirect influence regardless, but I honestly think the eSports nature of the title is the reason for the design choices and the FIA partnersip is something additional to that.

Last edited:
All these speculative posts about FIA and not a single word from our resident FIA expert. Maybe we can put that discussion on the back burner until we get the truth?

IMG_0904.jpeg

All these speculative posts about FIA and not a single word from our resident FIA expert. Maybe we can put that discussion on the back burner until we get the truth?
It isn't speculation, it's right from the horses mouth.

“Fantasy tracks is something completely different. We leave Gran Turismo with that, and we feel that’s right.”

Apparently because the silhouettes contained 1 whooping electric car that people hate (and/or aNoTheR sKyliNe hurr durr..) instead of focusing on the other 5 that are fan favourite.
Unfortunately, people see what they want to see and disregard the rest.

Not at the moment, but Kaz said the partnership could return.
Maybe through 2024-2025

Back