New DLC September 26: HSV-010, BRZ, GT-R N24 '12

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 1,094 comments
The amount of time between update and DLC availability seems huge in Europe. All I can do is to join American or Japanese lobbies and admire the new cars and envy the proud owners.

The amount of time between update and DLC availability seems huge in Europe. All I can do is to join American or Japanese lobbies and admire the new cars and envy the proud owners.

I did that when motegi came out. :lol:

The EU store always updates around 4pm BST on wednesdays in Europe, US store is the tuesday and is late on in the evening.

It's not a fail on anyones part, this is just the way it always is.

The EU store always updates around 4pm BST on wednesdays in Europe, US store is the tuesday and is late on in the evening.

I thought the EU store did the update at 3 PM CET/CEST (2 PM GMT/BST). Apparently I was wrong.

JamboGT

It is a failure to announce that something becomes available on a certain day of the week and then not make it available before late afternoon. Most stores open in the morning, so should the PSN update. This scenario always make them look bad and lazy even though they aren't.

Ok how about we clear up once and for all what the differences are on the BRZ and FR-S.

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/brz-fr-s-what-is-the-difference/

If you don't want to read it all basically:

The changes are all minor cosmetic changes which can be seen on the link.

So yes, they're not simply badge swaps but they're also not completely different, they're predominantly the same car.

The end.

The end for people who are completely missing the point maybe. I think everyone knows the cars are slightly different IRL. The point here is comparing the two cars in GT5. The Scion and the FR-S in the game are the same car with only cosmetic and sound differences.

Every setting in the game is exactly the same between the two cars. Height, width & length are not available on the Scion for some reason but gearing, suspension, weight, and diff are exact.

Still waiting for the store to update, can't wait, I don't care if the HSV's sound is 'crap' it looks fricking awesomeballs :D

pd really messed up the sound in the hsv-010.the real car sound like a f1 car.the hsv in gt5 sounds like a v6 volkswagen

Yeah they screwed up the sound as usual. It sounds more like they rehashed the Citroen GT exhaust note and mated it to the HSV.

On another note I noticed thicker black sector marks on the tracks now from 2.08.

Theres nothing wrong with modeling (very) similar cars.

A problem only arises when you spend an inordinate amount of time modeling said cars.

Polyphony have to be more conscious of this - If you have a small staff and take months to model cars, wouldn't it be prudent to be a little more picky when it comes to picking additional cars?

Well, if it's just a re-badge I assume it's much faster than modeling a completely different car. I guess that is one reason why PD picked this particular car, because they could get it at "3 for 1" (or 3 for 1.2 or whatever the rate is). But they should have released them all at the same time, now it looks like they're releasing the same car three times.

Weird thing. I just bought the subbie and the Honda but no N24 '12. :nervous:

I had to search "Subaru" and "HSV" to find them because when I typed "Gran Turismo 5" they didn't came up. :odd:

Image02141.jpg

DLC up now in UK.

'Bout damn time.

I had to search "Subaru" and "HSV" to find them because when I typed "Gran Turismo 5" they didn't came up. :odd:

Can't see the GT-R in there at all right now, plus I did manage to find the BRZ and HSV by searching "Gran Turismo 5".

And your picture confirmed that, so yeah. They weren't next to each other on the list for me though. Had to scroll down quite a bit to find the BRZ.

Theres nothing wrong with modeling (very) similar cars.

A problem only arises when you spend an inordinate amount of time modeling said cars.

Polyphony have to be more conscious of this - If you have a small staff and take months to model cars, wouldn't it be prudent to be a little more picky when it comes to picking additional cars?

It doesn't take months to change some details of an already completed car model, that's what happened here, they didn't completely model all 3 cars from scratch, they modelled one example (probably a modular system) and then applied the distinct parts/logos which visually separates them.
It's basically the easiest, least time consuming method to include additional cars.

Can someone share the stock or sport suspension deault spring rates on from the BRZ? This is where the FR-S setup is weak, I'd like to know (through objectve data) if the BRZ has the same flawed setup.

Thanks for any help.

Strange, after having read your post i did as u mentioned and i also found the Honda and the Subaru but not N24 GT-R. As i then did a search again for 'Gran Turismo 5', both the Honda and the Subaru were added in the search result (probably because i added them to my store-cart).

Current have the HSV and the Subaru - waiting on the GT-R

Won't show up for me but an Aussie mate just sent me a recomendation for the N24, so now I got it :D.

As with you guys the N24 GT-R isn't showing up yet (Australian PSN) so I will wait for the morning.

I got all 3, didn't search anything just went into latest>>new this week from main store menu and there it was. Can't double check caus am downloading GTA III. :D

It doesn't take months to change some details of an already completed car model, that's what happened here, they didn't completely model all 3 cars from scratch, they modelled one example (probably a modular system) and then applied the distinct parts/logos which visually separates them.
It's basically the easiest, least time consuming method to include additional cars.

Exactly. And I want them to do this type of stuff more often. we could get so many new cars that already have parts modeled from cars already in the game. The 1970 Mustang from the Trans-Cammer, A regular Corvette from the Art Morrison, A regular Celica from the WRC one, and many others. Now, people probably wouldn't want that as DLC but for GT6 I hope they do it.

Can someone share the stock or sport suspension deault spring rates on from the BRZ? This is where the FR-S setup is weak, I'd like to know (through objectve data) if the BRZ has the same flawed setup.

Thanks for any help.

The stock suspension specs are exactly the same as the FR-S.

Exactly. And I want them to do this type of stuff more often. we could get so many new cars that already have parts modeled from cars already in the game. The 1970 Mustang from the Trans-Cammer, A regular Corvette from the Art Morrison, A regular Celica from the WRC one, and many others. Now, people probably wouldn't want that as DLC but for GT6 I hope they do it.

The Corvette example is a good one, as the basic shell (and interior architecture) is largely the same and I would love a regular (and dare I say more tasteful) classic example which indeed doesn't seem that much work.
As for the other ones, I think they modelled the actual altered cars as a base, so perhaps they can't easily transform them into their normal counterparts (and the interiors are completely different) as it's perhaps actually easier to start from scratch.

Back