New DLC September 26: HSV-010, BRZ, GT-R N24 '12

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 1,094 comments
What I love about the BRZ is that it has the Impreza style spoiler as an option :D Amazed how something so small could make me so happy about a car :lol:

Right. Driven everything in the DLC, but I'll go into more detail about them in my reviews thread.

Now I'll have to see what's new in the update...

I love how they have put a load of scaffolding in the middle of the screen in the Honda, cockpit view, makes it very easy to see where you are going......

Can the Subaru be turbocharged ? Or are the engine specs exact the same ? I only noted differences about suspension and transmission. Found no answer yet. Sorry if I missed something.

HSV is about 20 HP weaker than Xanavi Z (fastest JGTC car in GT5).

I managed 2.09 at Suzuka, when with the Z my best was 2.05 (2.06 with the Xanavi GTR).

Can the Subaru be turbocharged ? Or are the engine specs exact the same ? I only noted differences about suspension and transmission. Found no answer yet. Sorry if I missed something.

No it can't be turbocharged, engine specs and tuning options/results are exactly the same.

Multiple seaches with: Granturismo 5, GT5, Cars, Nissan GTR N24 , HSV... you name it... and nothing yet.:indiff:

Multiple seaches with: Granturismo 5, GT5, Cars, Nissan GTR N24 , HSV... you name it... and nothing yet.:indiff:

Just go into PSN-Store and select 'all games', then select racing games, then GT5 and they'll show up alongside the other DLC when available.

Only had one minor issue, downloaded them all simultaneously but only the HSV showed up in my GT5 download list, had to download the other 2 again (free of charge obviously) before they showed up.

Beautiful car, just beautiful:

9ckEvzYsqaH7csh37B_0.jpg

I got all three and took them for a spin around spa.

The hsv by far feels the best driving experience in my opinion I had so much fun running it around.

The subaru is a little under powered but a comfortable drive maybe a little tuning.

The gtr I thought wasnt too bad but didnt feel like I was racing in it, I had a few problems with handling but im sure some tuning can fix that.

Overall im actually quite happy with these cars and will be using them again.

Final note $1.75 per car a bit bummed its more expensive but still its not a huge price for a car.

From all the bashing I thought the N24 GT-R would be worse than it actually is. Yes, it's drives kind of like a beefed-up Jetta Cup, but the suspension feels suitably racy. I also like that it's a bit less forgiving than some of its siblings.

Just go into PSN-Store and select 'all games', then select racing games, then GT5 and they'll show up alongside the other DLC when available.

Only had one minor issue, downloaded them all simultaneously but only the HSV showed up in my GT5 download list, had to download the other 2 again (free of charge obviously) before they showed up.

Thanks. It should have shown up with my seaches, but probably wasnt available at the time. Ill try it out that way later on:tup:.

Just took the HSV for a drive on Suzuka, great race car. I'm not that concerned about the sound, at least you can hear that PD tried to capture a slight squeal of it even though it's still far away from the real deal. All things considered money are well spent!

Nielsen
Just took the HSV for a drive on Suzuka, great race car. I'm not that concerned about the sound, at least you can hear that PD tried to capture a slight squeal of it even though it's still far away from the real deal. All things considered money are well spent!

Agreed very happy with the hsv.

Really like the HSV despite it being very slow; it handles great and has a very natural balance. I did a 2 lap race on the Nurburgring 24hr layout earlier on, just 2 of us. Started out in an Audi A4 DTM and the other guy had an Astra DTM. It was at 600 pp. Fastest lap was 7:55 and the Audi maxed out at 186 with no drafting. We finished within fractions of each other.
Next race the room settings were changed to GT500's at 615pp. Room leader chose the standard model Takata Dome NSX and I opted for the new HSV with a high RPM turbo with the pp value tuned down to be in the limit using quite a low rear aero'. Tuned it to max out at under 200mph. From the off it struggled to keep the older NSX in sight despite it's fantastic grip. After 1 lap it was 8 seconds down. I caught him up after he deliberatly slowed down for me!! Down the straight it maxed at 181mph with no drafting and the fastest lap time was 7:52. Hardly a massive leap from the 600pp Audi! Here's what really made me realise how slow the HSV was though. Entering the straight on the last lap we were neck and neck but the NSX soon pulled away. It crossed the line nearly 2 seconds clear of me. As much as I like the feel of this car, it's hardly progress!

Last edited:
Ok, so just confirming what I read from another poster, the BRZ has the same suspension settings as the FT-86?

What about gear ratios? Is the BRZ seriously just a skin without any of the mechanical differences at all?

Ok, so just confirming what I read from another poster, the BRZ has the same suspension settings as the FT-86?

What about gear ratios? Is the BRZ seriously just a skin without any of the mechanical differences at all?

New rear wing. Done.

Otherwise, yes, I've heard that there are new suspension settings, and new interior models.

All the stock settings on the BR-Z, FR-S and FT-86 in the game are exactly the same ... gear ratios, diff, & suspension.

Last edited:
GT-R N24 have very twitchy back end. It gets too much lift off oversteer....what the hell PD did with this?:grumpy:

Kyoto-Shoren-in-6.jpg

It's tricky, but I was able to handle it after I put some heat in the tires. I've hear stories of oversteer, and considering the fact that the front tires start cold, I'm not surprised. Heat up the tires and it's a bit more manageable.

McClarenDesign
It's tricky, but I was able to handle it after I put some heat in the tires. I've hear stories of oversteer, and considering the fact that the front tires start cold, I'm not surprised. Heat up the tires and it's a bit more manageable.

I actually love this gtr, I know everyone complains about the amount in the game but this one is worth getting. Feels a lot different to others, considering doing the suzuka 8hrs in it. (I was going to use the hsv, but don't fancy looking at a metal pole for that long! - with interior view)

I picked up the GTR and the HSV. Very nice !

GT-R N24 have very twitchy back end. It gets too much lift off oversteer....what the hell PD did with this?:grumpy:

Kyoto-Shoren-in-6.jpg

I actually love this gtr, I know everyone complains about the amount in the game but this one is worth getting. Feels a lot different to others, considering doing the suzuka 8hrs in it. (I was going to use the hsv, but don't fancy looking at a metal pole for that long! - with interior view)

Stock setup no tuning, drove the Nurb for 4 laps. I noticed no lift off oversteer. I noticed that it is the brakes while turning that induces the oversteer on the GTR. I thought it was kinda cool that while turning if car starts understeering tap the brake and adjust. That felt more like a car than most in gt5. While its heavy and non comparable to others, I like it for the nostalgia. Real car and hopefully close to their setup. Not sure about tires thought so I keep the hards on. Fun
(I only did Nurb Nord. So maybe more oversteer on different track not sure)

Ran the HSV a few times stock as well, 6:42--478hp-no oil change-abs-1-race hards

Last edited:
Really like the HSV despite it being very slow; it handles great and has a very natural balance. QUOTE]

Yes, the HSV is very slow, but it does have very good handling, I have not really driven the other two cars yet, but I have to say that the BRZ handles quite well too, while the N24 R35 does have speed, but it does quite bady in the handling department. :dunce: (Also, the HSV-010 can be made slightly faster if you shorten the gears, 22x MPH at default is too long.:ill:)

Just tried the HSV today and it doesn't sound bad (subjectively, to my ears), it isn't accurate ofcourse (objectively) but there is a high pitched sound which I didn't hear in that demo video.
Remember that the sound actually changes whilst you break it in and I'm curious what it'll sound like eventually (ofcourse there's only going to be a slight difference but still) after about 300 kilometers.
Not saying I'm pleased with the current sound as I prefer it to be more close to the original obviously, but as inaccurate sounds go they could've cocked up worse. ;)

Back