New Enthusia screenshots!

• Thread starter Jandrovi
  • 150 comments
random_hero
GT4's got the reputation of being the top of its class in graphics, thats why im gonna always choose it

Actually, it's the only game Polyphony Digital makes, meaning every aspect has been subject to testing, because they work on nothing else.

kinigitt
them's fightin words. :)

LOL

As far as I'm concerned, Enthusia has a long way to go. GT will probably always be "King of Racers, Ruler of All" for me. While Enthusia has potential, I'll wait until I see more before making a decision. And that decision may very well wait until after I read the game's reviews online and in the magazines I get. Looks aren't everything, and all we have so far is looks and words from Konami as to what the game will have. We'll just have to wait to see if Konami can create the elusive combination of graphics and gameplay that's made GT the undisputed champion for the past.. what's it been, six years since GT1?

toyomatt84
That's because the video was recorded at like 320x240 pixels, so anything would look like crap. If you zoomed in the slightest bit, it would be garbage. I would say, they both look good for the stages they are both in right now. Too early to tell which would be better. Forza sucks, because Microsoft thinks it should have a piece of every pie in the world. You'd think that a$$hole Bill Gates would stop at a certain point. Doesn't he have enough money?

Yes, I hate Bill Gates.

Damn bill gates and his direct involvement in game development.

Wait a minute.... he doesn't have jack-**** to do with Forza.

kinigitt
Damn bill gates and his direct involvement in game development.

Wait a minute.... he doesn't have jack-**** to do with Forza.

Oh wait, all decisions DO have to go through him. Funny, how that works. :dunce:

Where the hell did you get that idea? Bill Gates probably couldn't even tell you what an Xbox looks like, he has nothing to do with the system or it's games. There's an entire division of the company that deals with what games go where, the only thing they report to Bill is how much money they're making (or rather, NOT making) during the quarter. If Bill had to approve every game that went onto "his" system, he wouldn't have time for doing anything else. You know, other stuff like run the company.

Jedi2016
Where the hell did you get that idea? Bill Gates probably couldn't even tell you what an Xbox looks like, he has nothing to do with the system or it's games. There's an entire division of the company that deals with what games go where, the only thing they report to Bill is how much money they're making (or rather, NOT making) during the quarter. If Bill had to approve every game that went onto "his" system, he wouldn't have time for doing anything else. You know, other stuff like run the company.

the guy that runs the xbox games division is some dude named Shane Kim. The position used to be filled by Ed Fries.

Direct your hate towards them if that floats your boat. But citing Bill Gates' abstract connection to a game is completely irrelevant concerning whether or not it sucks.

It could suck for a myriad different reasons, but simply because of it's publisher, or even the founder of the parent company? Grow up.

P.S. I'm sorry I called you a tool, toyomat. I should grow up too I guess.

Dude, it's not that I'm pissed at you, but come on. If you look at Bill Gates' responsibility in the company (it's a pretty big responsibility), you would be able to see what I do. Granted, I'm not 100% up on Bill Gates' daily life, but I do know some things. I absolutely know for a fact, that Bill had to authorize both the entire Xbox devision, as well as, the Halo series. He was envolved with Bunji when Red Vrs. Blue became sponsored by Microsoft. Yes, he does have a say in what goes on there, bud.

I do admit that it wouldn't take much to sway the guy, considering that a massive loss to him would be a scratch on his pocketbook, but he still knows what's going on, and says what flies and what doesn't. He also uses his ambitions as well, to help point the company in different directions.

sUn
Stop crying, ladies.

Let's talk about Enthusia, not Forza, Microsoft and Bill Gates. Are we gay?

No.

microsoft is a gay pride item now? damn... they're even taking over the gay community now. damn bill gates and his gayness.

anyway, enthusia looks cool, those who say the graphics are bad should STFU, and tiremarks are also cool.

Jedi2016
LOL

As far as I'm concerned, Enthusia has a long way to go. GT will probably always be "King of Racers, Ruler of All" for me. While Enthusia has potential, I'll wait until I see more before making a decision. And that decision may very well wait until after I read the game's reviews online and in the magazines I get. Looks aren't everything, and all we have so far is looks and words from Konami as to what the game will have. We'll just have to wait to see if Konami can create the elusive combination of graphics and gameplay that's made GT the undisputed champion for the past.. what's it been, six years since GT1?

I wouldn't underestimate Konami, they make by far the best Soccer game for the PS2 and if they decide to get into into the GT racing style they could give Polyphony Digital a run for the money. Imho they are the only one who could compete with PD, even Codemasters can't.

I agree that Konami makes some awesome games.. Castlevania, Metal Gear to name a couple. But in those respects, they've never had much competition.. in those genres, they already are at the top, the ones that others clone and emulate. But with Enthusia, they've got to fight their way to the top, since GT is already a dominating presence.

I'm not counting them out, but I'll have to see the game itself to see if it can hold up to GT. If the reviews say it's as good as GT or better, then I'll buy it. If they say it falls short, I won't. It's just too early to tell from screenshots alone.

enthusia-professional-racing-20041028045508781.jpg

Anyone up for some Initial D?

Most people see it as a PS 2 game, cause the PS 2 is the birth place of the best games that then get exported to other consoles to boost their lagging appeal.

Most people see it as a PS 2 game, cause the PS 2 is the birth place of the best games that then get exported to other consoles to boost their lagging appeal.

Or it might be the fact that they get more cash from sticking it on the ps2 first...
Plus it's easy to make it on the least powerful machine, then do slightly upgraded versions...

code_kev
Or it might be the fact that they get more cash from sticking it on the ps2 first...
Plus it's easy to make it on the least powerful machine, then do slightly upgraded versions...
As you probably know, ISS games started on the original PlayStation (in 3D; they already had games in the SNES). That discussion will get you nowhere.

On topic, I'm starting to think we'll get our hands on Enthusia before GT4...

code_kev
yeah I know, i used to own them. What point are you trying to make?
You were trying to prove that a console is better/worst because it gets a game before the other one. First of all it makes no sense, but above all, it's not applicable here in this case.

My final point is that your (includes demon of speed) discussion is pointless.

DiabolicalMask
You were trying to prove that a console is better/worst because it gets a game before the other one. First of all it makes no sense, but above all it's not applicable here in this case.

My final point is that your (includes demon of speed) discussion is pointless.

really, aren't all of these discussions pointless when you think about it?

Nice car in your avatar, by the way.

kinigitt
really, aren't all of these discussions pointless when you think about it?

Nice car in your avatar, by the way.
Yeah. And I normally stay out of them. I don't know why I even bothered.

The car is a Mk3 Golf GTi. 👍

DiabolicalMask
Yeah. And I normally stay out of them. I don't know why I even bothered.

The car is a Mk3 Golf GTi. 👍

looks slammed. or maybe its just the cornering forces. :sly:

Wonder if Enthusia has any volks machinery. I'd love to see my rabbit GTi in the game. 👍

Yes it will. The To... er rag. er um tur.. no tourege. You know that new SUV :) is in from the videos. Also the R32 has been seen.

LaBounti
Yes it will. The To... er rag. er um tur.. no tourege. You know that new SUV :) is in from the videos. Also the R32 has been seen.

yeah you're right. the touareg was in those desert racing vids. I forgot.

Back