New Enthusia screenshots!

• Thread starter Jandrovi
  • 150 comments
I just watched a preview of Enthusia on a DVD that lik-sang sent me with GT4 and from what I saw the replays look better than GT4's. It does look very nice from the replays and the way the cars suspension travel is simulated looks better than GT4.

Although I have no idea how it plays, but it looks great!

Race Idiot
I just watched a preview of Enthusia on a DVD that lik-sang sent me with GT4 and from what I saw the replays look better than GT4's. It does look very nice from the replays and the way the cars suspension travel is simulated looks better than GT4.

I agree. Enthusia looks like it has better physics than any game I have ever seen for the PS2. Just watch the video I posted a few posts back called. "physics"

looks like the dark horse might provide the best drive. This is getting interesting. 👍

GT4 and Forza have all the hype, but this one doesn't fail to impress me. The movements of the cars, the tire smoke, it all looks right.

I played EPR last summer at the games convention here in germany and i gotta say, that EPR felt very easy und smooth to play. not a hard sim as the brand new GT4 physics.

Mukai
I played EPR last summer at the games convention here in germany and i gotta say, that EPR felt very easy und smooth to play. not a hard sim as the brand new GT4 physics.
That's not great news.

Did you play it using a wheel or using the DS?

Race Idiot

Would you be able to rip the DVD and upload it so we can also enjoy it?

Konami is going to have to offer something new to the GT series fans. We all know GT is the best racing series ever made, so in order for me to put Enthusia in my PS2, Konami is going to have to come up with something PD has not thought of. For Konami to just produce a clone of GT4 isn't going to get them very far in my book.

VQ35
Konami is going to have to offer something new to the GT series fans. We all know GT is the best racing series ever made, so in order for me to put Enthusia in my PS2, Konami is going to have to come up with something PD has not thought of. For Konami to just produce a clone of GT4 isn't going to get them very far in my book.

It's a racing game. The racing genre isn't really a playground for innovation and creativity. You make cars go around tracks against other cars. You try to make your car finish ahead of other cars.

Cars that are licensed are more desirable, as people can connect to their real life counterparts, and realistic physics make the package worthwhile (if it's a sim).

Project Gotham tried something clever and new, and GT fans just scorned it calling it a gimmick. So now developers try to do the same thing as Gran Turismo, and GT fans call them clones. Give it a rest.

If it's a good game that can stand on it's own merits, give it a shot instead of whining about lack of originality.

I read that Konami is planning on using popular FF USB wheels such as Act Labs and is also planning on making use of a clutch and shifter. They also show in one of their video's using what appears to be a logi pro with a different wheel and it looks as if they are using the full 360 deg. . There is room for improvement in simulation racing video games and Gran Turismo hasn't touched on all of the bases. I just mentioned a couple, what about an in car veiw? "Happenings" such as flat tires, damage, over revved motors (smoking-blown) it goes on and on and on. Look I love Gran turismo, It's by far the best racing game I have played on a console but wouldn't it be great to see another company give this game some competition? This game might just be the first to draw blood on the GT series. I have the demo to Forza and it would be alright and might even be great but hey in my book a sim is a sim and if your driving you need to have a FF wheel in your hands which excludes the Xbox, It was a good try and they put some heavy thought in Forza but it doesen't even come close to GT3 prologue or GT4. I hope Enthusia will bring some competition to Polyphony's front door. Konami is one of those companies that can deliver remarkable gameplay as well as graphics and real life physics. Look at the Metal Gear Solid series. Damn sorry about the book guys.

Mr.Kwik
I read that Konami is planning on using popular FF USB wheels such as Act Labs and is also planning on making use of a clutch and shifter. They also show in one of their video's using what appears to be a logi pro with a different wheel and it looks as if they are using the full 360 deg. . There is room for improvement in simulation racing video games and Gran Turismo hasn't touched on all of the bases. I just mentioned a couple, what about an in car veiw? "Happenings" such as flat tires, damage, over revved motors (smoking-blown) it goes on and on and on. Look I love Gran turismo, It's by far the best racing game I have played on a console but wouldn't it be great to see another company give this game some competition? This game might just be the first to draw blood on the GT series. I have the demo to Forza and it would be alright and might even be great but hey in my book a sim is a sim and if your driving you need to have a FF wheel in your hands which excludes the Xbox, It was a good try and they put some heavy thought in Forza but it doesen't even come close to GT3 prologue or GT4. I hope Enthusia will bring some competition to Polyphony's front door. Konami is one of those companies that can deliver remarkable gameplay as well as graphics and real life physics. Look at the Metal Gear Solid series. Damn sorry about the book guys.

I like konami. Metal Gear series, silent hill series, winning eleven series, and their awesome arcade racing cabinets (racing jam and GTi club) inspire faith.

👍 👍 👍 ENTHUSIA lets hear it, do you have any new info on the game? Post that new video/demo that comes with GT4 on Enthusia.

kinigitt
I like konami. Metal Gear series, silent hill series, winning eleven series, and their awesome arcade racing cabinets (racing jam and GTi club) inspire faith.

I have a lot of respect for Konami, their "football" ( just to upset myneighbours south of the border ) winning eleven serie is excellent.
I'll preorder Enthusia too because good PS2 racing sims are so rare here in Canada ( unless you mod your Playstation2 ) that I won't miss that oportunity.
GT4 and Enthusia might be the only good no Nascar racing sims we'll get here in Canada for the next 2 years.

EnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusiaEnthusia :drool: Enthusia :drool: Enthusia :drool: Enthusia :drool: Enthusia :drool: Enthusia :dopey: Enthusia :dopey: Enthusia :dopey: Enthusia :dopey: Enthusia :dopey: 👍 Enthusia 👍 Enthusia 👍 Enthusia 👍 Enthusia 👍 Enthusia 💡 Enthusia 💡 Enthusia 💡 Enthusia 💡
Enthusia :sly: Enthusia :sly: Enthusia :sly: Enthusia :sly: Enthusia :sly: Enthusia

Enthusia will smoke any other sim driver in 2005 DONT FORGRT IT DONT FORGET IT DONT FORGET IT DONT FORGET IT ITS COMING ITS COMING ITS COMING ITS COMING ITS COMING ITS COMING

Konami got Hiroshi Ito, from Mazda's Chasis Dynamics Development Department, to check out Enthusia and get his take of the game. Hiroshi Ito on Enthusia

Here is his breif bio:

- 1956 - Born in Hiroshima, Japan
- Nov. 1983 ・Joined Mazda Motor Corporation. He has been in charge of evaluating performance of chassis dynamics, refinement and development.
- His hobby: Car racing. He has raced for more than 30 years mainly with TS1300, FJ1600 and F4. He has also participated in super endurance races of RX-7 for the last 3 years.

The video interview shows a little clip of Enthusia's 'Initial D' course and the great dynamic lighting from the headlamps. The full interview is translated below video.

Check out the other interviews too. This game looks HOT!

I was going through some Tokyo Auto Salon pics and it looks like Konami has a booth setup there for Enthusia. And they're using the Logitech Driving Force Pro for the wheel....

P1010769.jpg

Gek54
Konami got Hiroshi Ito, from Mazda's Chasis Dynamics Development Department, to check out Enthusia and get his take of the game. Hiroshi Ito on Enthusia

Here is his breif bio:

- 1956 - Born in Hiroshima, Japan
- Nov. 1983 ・Joined Mazda Motor Corporation. He has been in charge of evaluating performance of chassis dynamics, refinement and development.
- His hobby: Car racing. He has raced for more than 30 years mainly with TS1300, FJ1600 and F4. He has also participated in super endurance races of RX-7 for the last 3 years.

The video interview shows a little clip of Enthusia's 'Initial D' course and the great dynamic lighting from the headlamps. The full interview is translated below video.

Check out the other interviews too. This game looks HOT!

for some reasont the video isnt loading for me. Could someone host the vid?

Gabkicks
for some reasont the video isnt loading for me. Could someone host the vid?

it's pretty useless if you don't understand japanese. The interview is in a scroll-box lower down the page.

This game looks TOIGHT! I've got my fingers crossed that it drives as well as that mazda dude says.

Anybody hear any audio for the game yet? I wonder what the engine sounds are like...

I did some googling , but I couldn't find any carlist or tracklist for Enthusia.
But 1 thing is sure, I'll buy it. Who know, I might even buy it the same day I'll get my preordered copy of GT4 at EB boutique.
Winning eleven might even be available too .My wife will be upset with $ 200 bill + on my credit card :)

Not sure on the total track count but the official enthusia site does have some details on some the tracks which they seem to add a track every so often. Its does have the Nurburgring!!! 👍

If the physics are really gonna be super realistic, the ring is gonna be hell, or heaven if your masochistic like me. :)

Race Idiot

Are the videos from this Enthusia preview the same three videos presented at the game website? We're still to see some more Enthusia action in order to make some comments... But, from what I've seem so far, it rocks!

Biased turkey
I did some googling , but I couldn't find any carlist or tracklist for Enthusia.
But 1 thing is sure, I'll buy it. Who know, I might even buy it the same day I'll get my preordered copy of GT4 at EB boutique.
Winning eleven might even be available too .My wife will be upset with $ 200 bill + on my credit card :)

It seems Konami is doing a good job of keeping secrets. The only cars we have are from their vids. However, the music on one of their movies is amazing and excellent. 👍

I think the SLR is the most powerful car we've seen yet.

From the pics, the Levin Trueno Apex anf the Celica GT-four will be available. That's all I need.
What a contrast between the secrecy from Konami and the amount of video and pics previews from PD.

That enthusia looks great and if you see the movie of mazda in game and IRL its just awesome, so probably that gameplay will be good as well.

Enthusia has cars that get dirty --> GT4 hasn't that (but only that stupid car wash)
Enthusia has skidmarks
Enthusia has much other cars and suv's then GT4 (VW Touareg, Mercedes-Benz G Class, much more dakar cars, ...)
Enthusia has a --> b tracks. (desert tracks to play with any car in the mud and sand), it has snow tracks, and normal race tracks.
It has mountain tracks like Intitial Day.

So I love it, I am a huge GTx fan but I'm going to buy that game aswell. Let's hope it comes out in august like gamespot says. And doesn't be delayed like GT4.

Enthusia is going to be a big competitor for GT4 i'll know that

Back