New GTHD Trailer!

• Thread starter S13KS
  • 51 comments
Its cool but i dont like it. I dont want drift turismo ( even though thats all i do, lol ) It takes away all the fun when you are supposed to be able to drift in a game. Thats one of the only reasons i drift in gt4, 1. because it is fun and 2. because it shows that you have skill because the game wan't meant for drifting.

The graphics are completely amazing though.

I dont want drift turismo ( even though thats all i do, lol ) It takes away all the fun when you are supposed to be able to drift in a game. Thats one of the only reasons i drift in gt4, 1. because it is fun and 2. because it shows that you have skill because the game wan't meant for drifting.
I'm sure you realise that what people are excited about is the possibility that PD fixed some old physics problems with things they never emulated properly before. If the physics engine allows realistic drifting, then maybe such procedures as the PIT maneuver will work now.

It's the implications that are important, not the fact that drifting may work in GT5.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I'm sure you realise that what people are excited about is the possibility that PD fixed some old physics problems with things they never emulated properly before. If the physics engine allows realistic drifting, then maybe such procedures as the PIT maneuver will work now.

It's the implications that are important, not the fact that drifting may work in GT5.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Im excited about that too. I just dont want them to make certian physics for drifting and certian physics for racing.

If im correct from what ive been reading, drifting is going to be a part of the gameplay. If it is, that means everyone is going to be doing it, which takes all the fun out of it for me.

do the "physics" change in real life if you take a sports car and instead of racing it, decide to drift it? it doesnt make sense for a game that claims to be a simulator to take this approach of racing physics and drifting physics being separate...

Im excited about that too. I just dont want them to make certian physics for drifting and certian physics for racing.

If im correct from what ive been reading, drifting is going to be a part of the gameplay. If it is, that means everyone is going to be doing it, which takes all the fun out of it for me.
If your reading what it says correctly you'll be reading that it has a drift mode, nothing more. Presumably your car will be setup to drift and you will score based on your drifts. It's likely that the physics won't change, your cars setup might. just because theres going to be drift mode it doesn't mean that's how we're all going to have to play the game by drifting, a lot of people rarely touched the arcade modes in previous Gran Turismos. just because they were there it didn't mean everyone would play them thoroughly. some people did, some people didn't, the beauty of Gran turismo is it's rather open ended, if you don't want to do a certain even, just don't do it. GT4 didd add some structure to the game by locking the GT World championship and the extreme hall, and the 100% complete prize cars should be done away with imo, but overall the game is very unrestrictive, which is a good thing.

omg why am i doing this to myself, im going to think of nothing but GT5 for the next 3+ years just as i did whith GT4:( That evo gets some serious air. It also looks like they've done away with the xtreme snap oversteer:D those lighting effects look absolutely :drool: lloks like they've improved the smoke to especially looking at that R32.

That first movie is awesome indeed. A lot of good points brought up about the things we want fixed the most (sound, physics, tyre marks, level /track detail). And i echo those things.

But DAY-YUM! The physics look really real (sorry!lol) in that clip. The car's weight moves more accurately then any "game" i've seen. And thats a good sign.

The brake lights of the car going thru the tunnel... omg. That has awesome lightening etc It looks very well done. Superb.

For a demo. thats damn good. can't wait for more. :)

Those drifting vids rock! And franz, of course Kaz did some nice driving; this is his baby after all. :D

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this yet, but the pavement is wider (note the broken yellow center line) and the turns are more banked than the original version of the Eiger. Could it be that the separate configurations/layouts/whatevers refered to in the press release refer to the changes mentioned above that would make the Eiger (and perhaps any other tarmac rally circuit?) more drift-friendly? :confused:

Nice drifting! But if they won't improve sound, that would be a shame! Did anybody listen engine sound? WTF, sounds like child doing brum-brum...👎 That sound ruin everything!

SOME of us will refrain, so you should still have some exclusive fun. ;)

game :P. as apart from simulators for the pc?
I'm unaware of any PC game like Gran Turismo or Forza.

Did anybody listen engine sound? WTF, sounds like child doing brum-brum...👎 That sound ruin everything!
I'm surprised you gave a pass on the tires. :P

As someone who's done some sound design work as a hobby, I can tell you that it's a pain in the caboose. It's a LOT easier to just play sounds on a sampler. When you have something like a tire attached to a sound library, you have to do stupid calculations to arrive at some value that plays a certain sample at a certain pitch. And of course since tires are constantly going through all sorts of dynamics - how much spin and friction, how much difference between road and tire, how much angular momentum, etc - the sample has to be able to shift fairly seamlessly to other samples which better match what the tires are doing that split second. And keep doing this from micosecond to microsecond. You have to work with the physics guys to get the data to trigger the samples, the RIGHT samples, and shift to other samples, the RIGHT other samples, constantly. It's ridiculously involved. This is knowledge, not personal experience, but I can sympathize what the sound design guys are going through.

Fortunately it sounds like Polyphony has been grabbing a lot more high quality audio for the game, so as the demos get more polished, we'll get closer to that perfect GT game.

I can't play the videos. I get a black screen and the "play" button doesn't work.

It may take a considerable amount of time to download, the videos are very large. Of course, if you look at the description below the files you will also see a direct link to download the files. Right click, Save As...

Back