New Hues to Choose in This Week's GT Sport Mileage Exchange Update

I wonder what other real color paints could be eligible to appear? I'd love to see some of the VGT colors to show up, like Fire Knight Red or the 2020 Concept Grey that were both on the Nissan VGT.

Otherwise, I'm very curious of how one could improve the Mi Exchange, especially if it returns in a future title. My idea was that the decals available could include various brand logos and stylized titles for car models (like you see on the license plate), as opposed to relying on those uploaded by users. As for poses and helmets, idk what else I'd personally add, and I'm not sure how much the GT6 selection of helmets would potentially help if they were added as items, especially now that we can customize the colors ourselves.

For cars, I think there's potential beyond just the made-for-game homologation specials and pace cars - at least in a future title. I also wonder if liveries could be put on the Mi Exchange, too, especially for cars that have official "commemorative" liveries. Here were my ideas:
-Singapore Porsche Macans (IIRC, there were six - five in one group, and a sixth with the more modern factory racing livery)
-The eight Toyota 86s (five that celebrated Toyota's racing heritage overall, and three that celebrated the 86th LM24, though the latter three could be reserved for the face-lifted 86 if/when it's added to the series)
-Liveries for cars based on tie-in models or pre-order versions. For examples, the Gran Turismo 5 collector's edition SLS-AMG, the GT Sport Super Bundle Mazda Roadster ND, the Gran Turismo 4 Ford GT race car, the chrome line cars, etc.

Other ideas for Mi Exchange-exclusive cars included:
-The Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gran Turismo/SEMA Concept*
-Gran Turismo Nissan 350Z RS
-Nismo Fairlady Z (Z33) S-Tune Concept by Gran Turismo*
-Nissan 350Z (Z33) Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition*
-The Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Pace Car*
-Various concept cars for now-produced cars that would also be in the game, such as the Toyota FT-86, the Nissan GT-R Proto, or the Toyota S-FR and FT-1 (if they are respectively produced). The production-spec versions could still be purchased from their respective dealerships. It would also include modified concept cars, such as the S-FR Racing Concept, or the Toyota FT-86 Sports concept that was picked by PD at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

* = I would personally designate these as being under the Gran Turismo brand, rather than simply under Chevrolet/Nissan, IMO.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180619112949.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180619113007.png

Just wondering if some of the car colors could be replicated in a paint program if you know the paint code and uploaded as a decal into GTS. I could see them being pretty popular if this were possible. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area could chime in.

Why do all of the paints cost $500 except the ones on sale which cost even more at $1000???? Is that not kind of odd, dont you think they might cost $1000 and be on sale for $500?????:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Something I’m a little frustrated with is that most of not all of the “PD” paints in the mileage exchange are extremely vibrant, like they’ve chosen the maximum saturation and brightness available on their RGB scale, and then picked a few hues off the spectrum and then given them all different finishes they’ve created. There’s a few darks available, but absolutely no variation in saturation - nothing has a subtle, faded, or aged look.

I’m really hoping PD expands the types of paints in their pallet (amongst pretty much everything else in the exchange honestly...), and maybe bring back something like the “gunmetal” or “old generation” color profiles they had in GT5/6.

Something I’m a little frustrated with is that most of not all of the “PD” paints in the mileage exchange are extremely vibrant, like they’ve chosen the maximum saturation and brightness available on their RGB scale, and then picked a few hues off the spectrum and then given them all different finishes they’ve created. There’s a few darks available, but absolutely no variation in saturation - nothing has a subtle, faded, or aged look.

I’m really hoping PD expands the types of paints in their pallet (amongst pretty much everything else in the exchange honestly...), and maybe bring back something like the “gunmetal” or “old generation” color profiles they had in GT5/6.
Not sure if this helps mate but there's heaps of semi opaque decal options and overlaying these over the whole car can lighten or darken the base colour.

I do find that quite amazing... they seem to think we are all making Sema show cars so we're all after the colorshifts and day glows and fluoros and chrome wraps mattes etc.

What?

Not sure if this helps mate but there's heaps of semi opaque decal options and overlaying these over the whole car can lighten or darken the base colour.

Yeah, and I can make some of these sort of "aged" or older-era-looking paints in the color picker, but part of the allure of the PD paints is that they generally aren't something you can make in the color picker. I've been hoping that one of the Fiat 500 or Sambabus manufacture paints gets thrown in at some point, 'cuz as far as I know that's the closest PD have in their catalogue as of now.

I want the Mileage Exchange to offer the liveries we see on the AI cars in GT League. And for paint chips, bring back the "buy the car, get the paint chip" system from the PS3 installments. I just want a Bleu Alpine paint chip. And give us more Mileage Exchange exclusive vehicles. For example, Chrome Lines and Stealth Models and other odd variants like that.

Just wondering if some of the car colors could be replicated in a paint program if you know the paint code and uploaded as a decal into GTS. I could see them being pretty popular if this were possible. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area could chime in.
Some of the manufacturer paints can be replicated with the color picker. Paint something, say Rosso Scuderia, then go over to the color picker and it will show the HSV values for Rosso Scuderia. I think it only works on solid colors.

Some of the manufacturer paints can be replicated with the color picker. Paint something, say Rosso Scuderia, then go over to the color picker and it will show the HSV values for Rosso Scuderia. I think it only works on solid colors.
You can recreate just about all manufacturer colors using the color picker and the 3 finishes: solid, metallic, pearlescent. Some have varying amounts of the metallic or pearl that make them difficult to get exact, not to mention the way the picker rounds some values off where you set them. But for the most part, totally doable even if you have to muck around with it for a while.

As @Famine or maybe @MatskiMonk have said somewhere, the "special colors" are just different finishes. You could recreate the color for the R1 specials in the color picker but you can't recreate the chrome, fluorescent or flake finish. You can get pretty close to matte and half matte now with the expanded decal finish options if you don't mind having it on all of your decals and not just the "paint".

As @Famine or maybe @MatskiMonk have said somewhere, the "special colors" are just different finishes. You could recreate the color for the R1 specials in the color picker but you can't recreate the chrome, fluorescent or flake finish. You can get pretty close to matte and half matte now with the expanded decal finish options if you don't mind having it on all of your decals and not just the "paint".

Indeed, the way I see it, the base colour is the easy bit, but special paint finishes will include specific rendering settings to affect the way it looks in game.. these are well beyond simple HSV values...

Anyone with a 3D program will be familiar with the kind of specular/emit/mirror/shading settings etc...

This object is 100% red in all cases.

upload_2018-6-21_22-53-4.png

This is PD's first full on LE. Until we're able to use multiple textures on one vehicle, for now, they've soon a good job.

The vibrant colours might work better if we could choose some as matte and some as gloss, powder, etc. As it stands, players have come up with some truly beautiful creations.

I somehow missed the Advan Racing TCIII wheels before.

They were available for me too and I've purchased every single wheel since launch. Are these new?

No they're not, but these are probably the rarest rims in all of GT Sport.

The only other time these wheels were available were way back in the first week of the DEMO of the game on October 10 (before the official game launch).

View attachment 740270

Anyway, I'm glad PD has not forgotten about these rime. I was getting worried that they are demo exclusives. Now my Rims collection is complete :)

Latest Posts

Back