New Licensed Wheel from Hori released. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Magog, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Magog

Magog

2. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

I think T150 is better option, only a big more expensive, but better in almost any way

3. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

270 deg no ffb = lol

The g29 still us the cheapest realistic option

dlshearon likes this.
  4. tankuroded

tankuroded

5. MikeV27

MikeV27

I would never buy that, it looks like junk. Might as well pay the extra money and get a G29 or something.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Alpha Cipher and dlshearon like this.
  6. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

C'mon man. The "Holidays" are coming. You should be able to find good deals on a wheel pretty soon. T150 or G29 are the two best budget options.

Sander 001, pedrocor and dlshearon like this.
  7. pedrocor

pedrocor

Sacrifice FFB for wireless, no clutch pedal, plastic pedals, crappy buttons, for something between a T80 and a between T150?

In the GT Sport specific case knowing Thrustmaster has "premium" support, doesn't seem a good deal.

8. daan

daan Moderator

But it has a

TheProRacer, Dylan and Guffaluff like this.
  9. Magog

Magog

Don't most people set their wheels so they require minimal input? Are there other wireless options that are better?

10. VXR

VXR

That will explain why Hori was one of the wheels in the Toyita survey, then...

hairless_ape likes this.
  11. hairless_ape

hairless_ape

There's a reason why there are no respectable wheels that are wireless...input lag. Just, no. Don't do it. Unless you enjoy flushing money down the toilet.

12. Magog

Magog

The PS3 used Bluetooth controllers and I didn't notice the lag.

13. MikeV27

MikeV27

I use 360 in F1 2019 and that feels just about perfect in those kinds of cars, I tried 270 and I didn’t like it that much. GTS doesn’t allow me to change steering ratio with the G29 but I think people with other brands can do it somehow.

Also stay away from wireless when it comes to pretty much everything related to gaming.

14. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Nope.

15. Dylan

Dylan

"Sorry I crashed into you. My steering wheel's battery died."

16. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Although this wheel is "low spec" it might be a good starter if on a tight budget and probably give more enjoyment than a controller.

I used the Thrustmaster Ferrari Cockpit years ago - wireless, no ffb (except for a bungee cord on the inside :lol: )and it was waaaay more fun than a controller. It also kept the family off my back as there were no power / USB cables lying all over the place. It ran off batteries but gave plenty of notice when it was getting low.

As to lag, an Alien might have noticed, but I as an average Joe didn't - or maybe I did and my reactions automatically compensated?

Having said all that the advice here that saving up a bit more for a T150 or G29 is pretty good.