New Licensed Wheel from Hori released. Thoughts?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 15 comments
Sacrifice FFB for wireless, no clutch pedal, plastic pedals, crappy buttons, for something between a T80 and a between T150?

In the GT Sport specific case knowing Thrustmaster has "premium" support, doesn't seem a good deal.

There's a reason why there are no respectable wheels that are wireless...input lag. Just, no. Don't do it. Unless you enjoy flushing money down the toilet.

The PS3 used Bluetooth controllers and I didn't notice the lag.

Don't most people set their wheels so they require minimal input? Are there other wireless options that are better?

I use 360 in F1 2019 and that feels just about perfect in those kinds of cars, I tried 270 and I didn’t like it that much. GTS doesn’t allow me to change steering ratio with the G29 but I think people with other brands can do it somehow.

Also stay away from wireless when it comes to pretty much everything related to gaming.

"Sorry I crashed into you. My steering wheel's battery died."

Although this wheel is "low spec" it might be a good starter if on a tight budget and probably give more enjoyment than a controller.

I used the Thrustmaster Ferrari Cockpit years ago - wireless, no ffb (except for a bungee cord on the inside :lol: )and it was waaaay more fun than a controller. It also kept the family off my back as there were no power / USB cables lying all over the place. It ran off batteries but gave plenty of notice when it was getting low.

As to lag, an Alien might have noticed, but I as an average Joe didn't - or maybe I did and my reactions automatically compensated?

Having said all that the advice here that saving up a bit more for a T150 or G29 is pretty good.

Back