New Nissan on 10th June? Reveal on 16th

• Thread starter CanaryMan
  • 1,070 comments

Will the new Nissan conform to the shape under the cover?

• Total voters
I don't think there will be a Nissan GT86

Well a new generation Silvia had been rumoured for a few years now, but the width relative to height is clearly too beastly to be considered an entry level sports coupe.. unfortunately.. (big S-chassis fan here)

highly doubt its the lemans racer.. it is not supposed to compete at least until 2015 and would not make any sense for Nissan to release the performance/driving features this early to the general public and the competition...

A lot of people seem to not be looking at the car under covers. It's bound to be some kind of LMP1 inspired, future race car thing.

kjb
I hope its not a souped up Leaf. Just have to wait and see.
But...

Nissan_Leaf_RC_Nismo.jpg

Just looking at that graphic it's pretty sad how of the 20 most recent Nissan's 17 are some variation of the Skyline or GT-R. In fact of the newest 50 cars 30 are a variation of the Skyline or GTR, by my count.

Well a new generation Silvia had been rumoured for a few years now, but the width relative to height is clearly too beastly to be considered an entry level sports coupe.. unfortunately.. (big S-chassis fan here)
I don't see a new S-chassis coming out. If we get a small, RWD sports car it'll end up being the IDx.

Just looking at that graphic it's pretty sad how of the last 20 Nissan's added to the game 17 have been some variation of the Skyline or GT-R. In fact of the last 50 cars 30 have been a variation of the Skyline or GTR, by my count.

Kaz acknowledged the problem of too many of them but decided to do nothing about it, seemingly.
I wouldn't bundle the race cars with the road cars... they all stand with individual importance.

hsv
I wouldn't bundle the race cars with the road cars... they all stand with individual importance.

I actually worded that horrifically and misread the graphic at the same time, what I meant was there are no barely any 2007+ Nissan's that aren't a form of GTR. Of course the race cars are very different but still, I'm pretty sure Nissan have churned out other cars since 2007 but except for a few Micra's and 370Z all we've got are GTRs. Oh, and the Leaf of course.

I think the modern GT-R obsession is down to them being involved with the car.

hsv
I think the modern GT-R obsession is down to them being involved with the car.

Probably but still, when you see them all on a big graphic like that it really hits you how many there are. I'm sure Nissan enjoy the coverage and they run the academy of course but surely they wouldn't mind a few less GTRs and a few more different models?

I seriously want to know how some people think its another GT-R or its the GT-R LM Nismo, neither of which even comes close to the shape.

Probably but still, when you see them all on a big graphic like that it really hits you how many there are. I'm sure Nissan enjoy the coverage and they run the academy of course but surely they wouldn't mind a few less GTRs and a few more different models?
I'm sure they would. I'd like to chuck the new Micra around for a bit.

hsv
I'm sure they would. I'd like to chuck the new Micra around for a bit.

Likewise, it's like with Gran Tursimo Nissan are saying "Hey look, since 2005 our only car of significance is the GT-R. Oh, we still make the 370Z as well, and that little hybrid we've had going for a while. Except for that, nope, we got nothing".

According to GT, Nissan road cars other than the GT-R since 2005

2007 Fairlady Z
2007 Nissan Micra
2008 Fairlady Z
2011 Leaf

A VGT to represent a chapter of Nissan history ? I don't think so. Looks like a new model for production.
I was thinking the same, but the car seems to radical for production, so maybe a LM car?
And I don't think it's the Leaf Nismo, it will be a totally unknown car.

A VGT to represent a chapter of Nissan history ? I don't think so. Looks like a new model for production.
Probably the LMP inspired VGT car. It's hard to imagine any serious car having those sort of intakes.

Also it will certainly not be a new model for production - that type of things are revealed at autoshows and such.

Back