New Nissan on 10th June? Reveal on 16th

• Thread starter CanaryMan
  • 1,070 comments

Will the new Nissan conform to the shape under the cover?

• Total voters
Don't know if it's a Vision GT Car, but it makes me excited seeing it. If they release it within a week before or after my birthday, I'm sold!!!

hsv
But...

Nissan_Leaf_RC_Nismo.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Pulsar is already released, and it looks supercar-like. Maybe even race car spec. so all leaf (even the race spec leaf) and pulsar, and all that kind of "normal" cars is out of the question. It does'nt make sense for it to be the GT-R LM Nismo either, as that is to be lanuched in 2015, its still too early. It could be the GT-R R35 Nismo, but i doubt it. My bet is a R36 concept, or VGT. Probably VGT.

They're not even Skylines anymore, sheesh.

And if it was a GT-R they wouldn't have made a fuss about it, a GT-R GT3 was released just the other day and no-one blinked.

Probably the LMP inspired VGT car. It's hard to imagine any serious car having those sort of intakes.

Also it will certainly not be a new model for production - that type of things are revealed at autoshows and such.

Intakes ? What intakes ? We can barely see the shape.

Ahh yeah.. What was that about "reveals at auto-shows only" ?

"Thanks to a partnership between BMW and Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital, the M4 Coupe is now available for GT6 players to sample in the game, long before the motoring press get to experience the twin-turbocharged Bavarian brute for themselves."

;)

Who says that what is under the cover, is what we are getting. I agree with an earlier post stating the new nismo gtr.

Intakes ? What intakes ? We can barely see the shape.

Ahh yeah.. What was that about "reveals at auto-shows only" ?

"Thanks to a partnership between BMW and Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital, the M4 Coupe is now available for GT6 players to sample in the game, long before the motoring press get to experience the twin-turbocharged Bavarian brute for themselves."

;)
1497831_10154179220535048_6865881432324111884_o-jpg.166694

You can clearly see the 3 gaping holes in there that look like a gumpert apollo rear.

And M4 was revealed in August at Pebble Beach.

But does Kaz? He said he did and there were too many but still they keep adding them, so the jokes will keep coming.

Exactly when did Kaz say that?

Also, the joke kinda lost its meaning the moment Nissan separated the GT-R name from the Skyline name. Its both inaccurate (as its always been) and now totally incorrect because their hasn't been a new Skyline since Prologue.

Exactly when did Kaz say that?

Also, the joke kinda lost its meaning the moment Nissan separated the GT-R name from the Skyline name. Its both inaccurate (as its always been) and now totally incorrect because their hasn't been a new Skyline since Prologue.

Well it wasn't specifically about the GTR but - https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-wanted-another-2-years-for-gt5-development/

As for the joke, well we know they changed the name but they're still from the same 'family'. So Skyline, GT-R, call it what you want, there are still far too many of them, especially recent years. Like I said there are 20 Nissan's from 2005 - 2013 in GT6, 17 are GT-Rs or Skylines. Silly.

I actually worded that horrifically and misread the graphic at the same time, what I meant was there are no barely any 2007+ Nissan's that aren't a form of GTR. Of course the race cars are very different but still, I'm pretty sure Nissan have churned out other cars since 2007 but except for a few Micra's and 370Z all we've got are GTRs. Oh, and the Leaf of course.
Not really anything exciting enough to put in the game to be honest. :lol:
New 148 Nissan Cars...

...same 148 sound for alls!

YEY!

Someone should make a MEME image with this one.

EDIT:

GOT IT! Just made it ..lol

9ctca.jpg
Not true to be honest. And what makes them "new"?

@Rod Carvalho that second photo is 3Mb, I wouldn't embed that unless you want to kill mobile browsers and people on slow connections!

Not really anything exciting enough to put in the game to be honest. :lol:

Not true to be honest. And what makes them "new"?

I'd rather have something 'dull' that I can perhaps modify and make into a good car than yet another version of the same model. Does anyone but the diehard GT-R enthusiast get excited by yet another model added to the game? Yes the race cars with different liveries add variety to race grids but that's not about excitement.

Honestly, I think the people who rag on there being so many Nissans, specifically Skylines in GT over react quite a bit. Honestly, what that full image shows me is that there isn't really as much wasted space in the game on Skylines as people make out. Granted you could get rid of a good 10 or a few more cars on the Nissan list that are basically doubles or lesser versions that there's no sense in having, but looking at GT as a car/motorsports interactive museum, most of those cars have some kind of historical signifigance to Nissan either at the consumer level or in some kind of racing.

I see historical value in most of the Nissans on the GT5/6 roster. And with Nissan and PD being tied at the hip, a GT fan should expect there to be more Nissan history in the game (e.i.: more Nissans to drive) than any other manufacturer. However, IMO as a GT fan there is a FAR greater percentage of redundant Mazda Miatas and RX7s on the roster that have absolutely no historical value over other nearly identical versions of the same car that truly are wasted space in any sense.

That said, if Mazda designed a new Miata or RX7, I'd absolutely want them in the game ASAP. Same as I'd love to have a newly designed GT-R or any other car. GT in this DLC age is driving game GOLD with getting new cars and even Prototype debuts like they did with the Vette and M4. It's amazing stuff for car fans. It's just the redundancy I have a problem with. And there's not quite as much of it as alot of "fans" like to accuse PD of. I'd rather have 98% of the cars in GT6 than not.

Darren Cox was interviewed by Radio Le Mans during the recent Le Mans Test day and asked about Nissan plans for GT. He said that the GTR was too big and they where looking into something more in keeping with their supercar opposition.

This might be it.

Back