New OCD... Thank you PD for destroying everything called prestige in the game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greisen
  • 150 comments
  • 12,327 views
Oh...i didnt know it was "easy" to buy a 10 million$ ford GT40... but damn was it worth it!
 
Ordinarily I wouldn't commend particularly snide remarks. haha. But I can relate to f_399, XDesperado67, eSZee, & iamsupernasty

Prestige! Give me a break guys. :boggled:
I'm into collecting cars, often for the heck of it. But if this is where you get your sense of prestige... by finding ways & spending hours to re-roll the UCD, or re-roll car tickets, or make new acct after new acct with fake DOB to get certain tickets... :rolleyes: I'm not sure what to make of that.

Anything that reduces having to grind, or do anything not-fun, which cuts into fun-time, is an improvement in my opinion.
 
Im not sure if im the only one that is furious about the new OCD... Before this patch there was a lil bit of prestige in having some of the best LM and grp C cars in the game. Now u almost get them for free... Why would u ever do this PD?

Prestige? Who told you?

I think, personally, that this is how the prices should have been in the first place. That would have made the grinding time more "fair", so to say, even though it shouldn't be neccessary at all with this many cars (because there should be a reason to have the car in the game - it should be possible to use it somewhere).
 
Ah, now can I finally get my 0/0 Speed 8. I don't really get why all the cars are 0 miles, but hey. Now I can get them without refreshing the UCD 1000 times before finding anything.
 
It let's the people who have lives get these cars. But you don't know what that is
 
This is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207370

Dude, just yesterday you were telling us how you perpetually restart your PS3 in hopes of attaining one of these "prestigious" cars. Now you complain because others don't have to cheat the system? Your a complete fool. Maybe there would have been something prestigious about a nice car, if no lazy bums (like yourself) had ever figured out how to scam free cars - but that ship sailed a while ago.
I wished the link was a joke....but followed it and..... totally agree!!!!

@Greisen:
1) Where is the prestige in cheating (2005 ticket??? Are you six years old?)
2) Where is the prestige in doing a thing that ONLY requires time? (Grinding)
3) I'm assuming also you never dupied/traded dupied cars
4) You are assuming that the game was to be completed in 6 months, and it's obvious it isn't. Never grinded, my garage has almost 800 cars (have to update signature later...), which are all prize cars from special events/licenses, premium bought to online events, almost all standards bought from UCD up to level 15/16. I don't need higher level cars at the moment, but happy can buy some months before planned.

No need to blame you, some comments here are a bit too heavy. You just said something very hilarious.

Have a nice game.
 
Prestige is getting up every morning, do a great job at work and do a even better one being dad/husband/boyfriend and then save sometime to ENJOY GT5. That's the order of things, do not find an online game prestigious,it isn't nad it never will be.

Enjoy life in every sense, including GT5 of course :D
 
Prestige is getting up every morning, do a great job at work and do a even better one being dad/husband/boyfriend and then save sometime to ENJOY GT5. That's the order of things, do not find an online game prestigious,it isn't nad it never will be.

Enjoy life in every sense, including GT5 of course :D

Kudos! Very well said. 👍
 
Prestige is getting up every morning, do a great job at work and do a even better one being dad/husband/boyfriend and then save sometime to ENJOY GT5. That's the order of things, do not find an online game prestigious,it isn't nad it never will be.

Enjoy life in every sense, including GT5 of course :D

I'll second the above Kudos:tup:

Prestige comes from being a functional and successful member of society.
 
original.png

If you want exclusivity, get the stealths and chromelines.
 
Im not sure if im the only one that is furious about the new OCD... Before this patch there was a lil bit of prestige in having some of the best LM and grp C cars in the game. Now u almost get them for free... Why would u ever do this PD?

pres·tige
[pre-steezh, -steej]

-noun

Describes ones feeling of superiority over other GT5 players, by using all ones waking time, in obtaining a numerous amount of in game credits by participating in a certain race event repeatedly - alternatively known as 'grinding'.



Greisen - grow up.
 
If you want prestige, win GT Academy.
 
The only prestige in this game is obtaining golds in license tests and special events which do not allow you to choose a vehicle. Oh, and golding the FGT Championship. None of these are impossible, and some may consider them easy...but they require some amount of skill. Everything else is just grinding for credits, driving in circles with an over powered car to beat A.I. drivers who have no chance of winning anyway.
 
Now u almost get them for free... Why would u ever do this PD?

So that the game is fun.

I had 80% of this UCD before the patch and I'm still glad that exclusivity is a thing of the past. Rarity is pointless, now hopefully I can look forward to seeing other C5R's online.
 
The composition of this thread tells me a lot of you guys just got trolled....

IMO though.
 
I agree with you. I was telling my wife over lunch that the whole thing is unfair to people who've been playing for a long time. Newbies will not have to endure the same difficulties as people who've REALLY had to grind it out to get these cars and earn the CR and earn the XP.

To you guys who've had to do it and done it MY HATS OFF TO YOU! You can forever say I DID IT THE HARD WAY!
 
If you want prestige, win GT Academy.

I'm startin' not to like you. Show some respect (for people who didn't have their skids greased) and stop taking fan-boyism to an extreme!
 
Maybe these guys can help you get it back. They seem to know a thing or two about Prestige.

o-will-farrell-and-john-c-reilly-working-on-a-step-brothers-rap-album.jpg


prestigeworldwide.jpg


If not, they are also well-versed in Boats 'N Hoes. 👍
 
I bought the Speed 8 a few days ago! Now it's half price and obtainable through a ticket. RAGE!
 
Well, that's only temporary...and don't you guys always want a game to be "real"? In real life its like that. You buy something, then months after that you just discover it got 50% cheaper.

But... people will never get satisfied. First complain because its hard (and then dupe or cheat), now complain because its easy.

I have 6 beetles in my garage. That's prestige. Eat that.
 
Newbies will not have to endure the same difficulties as people who've REALLY had to grind it out to get these cars and earn the CR and earn the XP.
What difficulties?
* learning to dupe (I haven't done it...but plenty have)
* learning to glitch (again I didn't bother but people were making 2 mil a night)
* rubber-banding for credits
* running b-spec races overnight in overpowered cars and waking to to credits

I think people are just bitter after spending hours grinding for a car only to have its price drop. I simply pose the question, why bother grinding in the first place? Race online and enjoy earning credits in low powered cars while you build up your driving and tuning skills. My favorite cars in the game only cost about 15,000-40,000 cr each.

There is no difficulty in obtaining expensive cars and there is no prestige to be had for owning them. Cars owned == hours spent playing. That is all.
 
Time to play nicely everyone.

Discuss the merits of the OP and feel free to agree or disagree as you wish, however what will not be accepted is any attacks on other members.

Please ensure that you follow the AUP when you post, fail to do so and the staff will take action.


Scaff
 
I own all the cars in the ocd... Did what I had to do to get them (no duping). Am I upset that other people can get them for less? Not at all. It's only pretend cars bought with pretend money from a pretend dealership... IT DOESN'T MATTER.
 
McClarenDesign
If you want exclusivity, get the stealths and chromelines.

I have the chromelines :) there awesome. And they have different specs than the regular cars. And one Time I heard they where going to release the chromelines to everyone. I was mad.
 
Nevermind..
 
I have the chromelines :) there awesome. And they have different specs than the regular cars. And one Time I heard they where going to release the chromelines to everyone. I was mad.

I have the chromelines too.. But not the stealths :/
How are the chromelines? Never touched any of them ^^
 
Joao71
Prestige is getting up every morning, do a great job at work and do a even better one being dad/husband/boyfriend and then save sometime to ENJOY GT5. That's the order of things, do not find an online game prestigious,it isn't nad it never will be.

Enjoy life in every sense, including GT5 of course :D

Amen.

...and because I have duped and birthday glitched my way into owning every car I want, I can actually enjoy gt5 when I get a chance to play.
 
McClarenDesign
If you want exclusivity, get the stealths and chromelines.

Actually you will want to switch to Forza 3 and try to get the 3 unicorn cars... well, 2 now that Turn 10 gifted the Subi to everyone. The GT5 stealths and chromelins can be bought on ebay...Forza's unicorns can only come from Turn 10 as a gift and can't be sold or regifted.
 
Great, that's ruined GT5. Now I can own all the cars I want.

Oh, hang on...
 
Back