New OCD... Thank you PD for destroying everything called prestige in the game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greisen
  • 150 comments
  • 12,327 views

No response on the whining thread. Just...

GO GO GUNNERS!! Even after a miserable season.
 
iamsupernasty
This is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207370

Dude, just yesterday you were telling us how you perpetually restart your PS3 in hopes of attaining one of these "prestigious" cars. Now you complain because others don't have to cheat the system? Your a complete fool. Maybe there would have been something prestigious about a nice car, if no lazy bums (like yourself) had ever figured out how to scam free cars - but that ship sailed a while ago.

My bet is that he/they were the ones that drove under the NRing with that glitch, and rubber-banded for days on end.

I understand prestige. But, I'm also a realist. I'd trade all my legitimately hard earned rare cars in a second for an easy way to do the Elise TGTT, IC3/10, Alfa challenge, night Toscana, and Vettel. That's pretty much all I have left to do other than the ASpec 24s--that's just finding the time.
 
Just a question, I have lend my ps3 to a friend and get it back on the weekend on saturday. Is this half price limited to some few days or as usuall for 1-3 weeks until the OCD refreshes? Do you guys know that/can it be seen?

To the OP:
GROW UP DUDE. This is a gift for all the people with less time than an unemployed single with no hobbies at all. So to almost 99% of GT5 players. Why do you care what PD gifts to other players? If you don't want it don't take it. That's like complaning because a person you don't know gifts some money to another person you don't know. Christmas must be a hard time for you.
 
FishHunters
I agree with you. I was telling my wife over lunch that the whole thing is unfair to people who've been playing for a long time. Newbies will not have to endure the same difficulties as people who've REALLY had to grind it out to get these cars and earn the CR and earn the XP.

To you guys who've had to do it and done it MY HATS OFF TO YOU! You can forever say I DID IT THE HARD WAY!

Is this the "had to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways" argument?
 
Finally got the Ford falcon so am not complaining
 
What's the contradiction? Prevent people from trading expensive cars, to keep them from duplicating and trading very expensive cars... but then allow them to actually buy those expensive cars for a little less... but at prices that still force them to play a couple of races each to afford those cars.

-

And there is absolutely no prestige and exclusivity in owning a bucketload of zero mile cars... only hundreds of thousands of miles done grinding or weeks of duplicating 1000 tickets.

I explained how I thought it seemed contradictory. Perhaps so people have a frame of reference. I play the game legitimately, I don't dupe, I don't "auto-grind". I'm a "legit" player. I also could care less about 0/0/0 cars or whatever they are, and I DO like collecting all the cars (I have about 700 unique cars)

That said, this game has "levels" for example, attaining level 40 on B-spec, attaining level 40 on A spec, and collecting every car in the game. I'm a real person, I have a real job, and a real family... and I go outside.

My POINT was that I spent my time buying up cars in the UCD when I saw them, rare or not. The dupers simply bought up those really expensive cars, duped them, and flooded the market. So I can trade a very cheap, but VERY rare car (like the EVO IV Rally Car) for a Chap 2J, or a classic Jag. Since that makes my game more effective (by not having to shell out $20 mil 6 or so times to get those cars). Then they capped the trading, so that means you have to earn the money to buy those cars.

But then they take a bunch of the expensive cars and list them at half price? I'm not complaining... I bought like 6 of them to round out my collection, I'm just saying that it seems contradictory. Cars WERE easy to get through trading, then they said nah... its too easy and people are getting ripped off (that ebay nonsense was unfortunate), now cars are hard to get. Then they patch and list them at half price and make a LOT of rare cars in the OCD. Now they're easy...

Contradictory.
 
Just a question, I have lend my ps3 to a friend and get it back on the weekend on saturday. Is this half price limited to some few days or as usuall for 1-3 weeks until the OCD refreshes? Do you guys know that/can it be seen?

To the OP:
GROW UP DUDE. This is a gift for all the people with less time than an unemployed single with no hobbies at all. So to almost 99% of GT5 players. Why do you care what PD gifts to other players? If you don't want it don't take it. That's like complaning because a person you don't know gifts some money to another person you don't know. Christmas must be a hard time for you.

I don't think the OP really meant "prestige"... perhaps a poor choice of words. That said, lets say that when Super Mario 1 was released everyone talked about how hard it was. And then 6 odd months after its release you were able to beat it. It's not because you're a loser... it's because you bought a game to play it, and played it. You can be proud that you were able to beat it. Then 8ish months after its released, they just place a 1-up mushroom at the start of the 8th level. Now everyone can beat it.

GT5 was NEVER about being easy. The license tests in GT1 were insane (maybe because I was younger then?), but having your S license meant something. Now it means nothing. GT5 talks the big talk about how the game is a simulation and realistic.

Also... it isn't really directed at you, its more everyone who most likely aren't reading any of the posts, or aren't able to think or argue logically about it. This is most of GTP though unfortunately.

Sorry, I know a double post is "poor form" but there's no WAY anyone would've read this post if it had been melted into one. I'll be surprised if people read it now actually.
 
My posts keep disappearing
 
Haha... oh noes.

I can see the one claiming they're disappearing if it helps?
 
Yev
And he hasn't replied since...
What a hypocrite.
Or just merciful on us. :scared: :dopey:

So he's mad that other people can have for less what he worked so hard for? Um, really? Its a GAME, you didn't buy them with real cash.

Its me, right? I just don't get it. :ouch::crazy:
 
I think the Real Prestige is for the people who actually worked to get to the level they're at, without grinding.
 
Or just merciful on us. :scared: :dopey:

So he's mad that other people can have for less what he worked so hard for? Um, really? Its a GAME, you didn't buy them with real cash.

Its me, right? I just don't get it. :ouch::crazy:

Read my post... I think the second one... just up from yours.

I think the Real Prestige is for the people who actually worked to get to the level they're at, without grinding.

Well without autogrinding. Grinding is necessary to get to level 40 currently. Although now that I think about it... with the online events, it isn't. You'd just need to wait for new events.
 
Prestige.... what are you, 10??
 
Come on !!? People moan that the pricing of cars are outrageously high, but now they moan that PD have ruined something called prestige in this game, seriously grow up and learn how to appreciate SOMETHING.....!!!???
 
Read my post... I think the second one... just up from yours.



Well without autogrinding. Grinding is necessary to get to level 40 currently. Although now that I think about it... with the online events, it isn't. You'd just need to wait for new events.

Yea it's not impossible.

I'm a level 35 right now, and have not done a single A-Spec race outside of the Endurance events. All my XP came from special events (100% Gold except for Vettel), licenses (60 golds), endurance races (Tsukuba 4hr, Grand Valley, Indy 500, Nurb 4hr) and online racing. If I was to actually do the rest of the A-Spec events, and finish the enduro's, I'm quite certain I'll be at level 40.
 
Average GTP'er 2 days ago: "PD WHY OH WHY DO WE HAVE TO GRIND?!?!?!"

And now this... Really?

total agreement, how moods change when people get what they want. :)
 
If you want some prestige, go for the platinum trophy.

You could get all the expensive cars from grinding/cycling the UCD in any case. Where's the skill in that. PD have simply allowed people to spend more time actually racing and enjoying the game.

Well, at least that's the way I see it.
 
Prestige? How is it prestigious to have paid 2,000,000cr more for a car?
You won't get any "prestige" for just owning a nice car. That's why people who drive BMWs are considered C****. All you did was pay some fake money for it! How about creating your own prestige by learning to drive it well. If you're like the Stig, you could be driving a Schwimmwagen and still be prestigious.
 
Haha... I love how no one reads any of the posts and just throws their opinion up! GTP is such a unique place...
 
Im not sure if im the only one that is furious about the new OCD... Before this patch there was a lil bit of prestige in having some of the best LM and grp C cars in the game. Now u almost get them for free... Why would u ever do this PD?

Are you kidding?!
Eventually everybody can get enough money to buy them, there is no prestige in owning any of them.. I have them all and to be honest i could not care less about them..
 
Come on people... lets get real.

Its a game, there is not too much prestige in sitting in your living room playing this all day.

I work so for me, this is a good positive change. I'm at level 33 with no grinding whatsoever. Its taken me a while, but thats part of the fun isn't it.

If I had every car, the game wouldn't be too fun as there isn't anything to aim for.

On the other hand its took me ages to get here, which isn't fun either.

I think its a good change myself

And to say that the guy who wrote this was talking about scamming/cheating only a couple of days ago, it make me laugh.

I reckon every time he goes online people will be giving him grief now.
 
If you play games for prestige you are definitely doing it wrong.

Play games for fun. Go out and accomplish something for prestige. At least find prestige in GT5 on the racetrack, setting lap times, getting all golds, winning online races and time trials. Don't cheat by restarting the PS3 500 times to get the best ticket results and then think you're now prestigious.
 
Haha... I love how no one reads any of the posts and just throws their opinion up! GTP is such a unique place...

Now I don't know 'bout ya'll, but I think the real prestige is grinding up B-spec! ;)

In all seriousness its quite funny how so many people were un-happy that you had to grind, and now with the triple XP half of them are complaining that it ruined grinding. How can you make some people happy?
 
It didn't ruin grinding, other than this one odd person from Denmark, we're all happy with the new change.
 
personally i like cheap cars, golding events is more prestigious than grinding for cars, you could be doing the first beginners race a million times to get it.
 
Many thanks to the OP for bringing this up. I needed a laugh today.

This 'Prestige' thing ranks right up there with the 'rare' cars idea.
 
Soo many people complaining about "PRESTIGE" wow. Really. Its a game, nobody thinks you are "leet" just because you have a 350z concept LM or whatever. PD is just trying to make the game more accesible to non-hardcore gamers. Nothing wrong with that.
 
Back