New OCD... Thank you PD for destroying everything called prestige in the game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greisen
  • 150 comments
  • 12,327 views
My favorite cars in the game only cost about 15,000-40,000 cr each.

Me too!
I think my very favourite car in the game, I won in Aspec (or Bspec), and it's available a lot in the UCD... for I think about 6,000 credits. :D

Prestige is getting up every morning, do a great job at work and do a even better one being dad/husband/boyfriend and then save sometime to ENJOY GT5. That's the order of things, do not find an online game prestigious,it isn't nad it never will be.

Enjoy life in every sense, including GT5 of course :D

Thankfully someone posting some good example of rational priorities! LOL
(Even though it does sort of discriminate against those of us who are mothers/wives/girlfriends. ;) )

I think the Real Prestige is for the people who actually worked to get to the level they're at, without grinding.

Except... even that - it's ONLY prestige within the video game... Because the fact is, to get good at gt5... it takes time to gain experience & skill, complete license tests or do whatever you're doing including or excluding grinding.
So on the whole... bragging rights in GT5 are... only important here. :D
The rest of the world doesn't care how many pretend cars we own, or even what our GT5 lap times are on a fantasy pixel version Mazda Laguna Seca. :lol:

I sometimes wonder if I should be concerned about how much time I spend on this game... And then I read the forum and think I'm normal. :lol:
Thanks for the reality check guys!! :D
 
Prestige? lolwut, what prestige is there in playing a video game? Don't take yourself too seriously man, it won't make up for others not giving you attention.
 
the only reason i find the new OCD anoying is partially imilar to what this guy's going on about. It's because not a huge amount of people used to have those cars so when entering a new lobby, if it was say an LM room and someone was in the miolta and someone else in the V12 LMR i'l go and search my garage for a different one. Just so the racing is more interesting. With the new OCD everyone in LM rooms etc are all using the same cars now. And i know this can be a good thign because its a bigger test of you as a driver blah blah blah..... i do enjoy a test from time to time but mostly its good fun pitting one car against another even if the drivers arent of a similar standard.
 
What's wrong with a discount?
 
Prestige..... Oh my god. Is this what video games have done to people now?

There is no prestige in this, absolutely none.

Complain we have to grind so much, complain it is to easy, complain about 0/0 cars, complain about cars being too cheap, complain about lobbies being too hard to win in..

If you don't like the game go play something else and stop creating these threads.
 
As soon as duping was discovered any prestige left anyway
 
There was never any "prestige" to begin with. The only prestige in this game is in your demonstrable skills on the track, and that's the same regardless of how your car was acquired and for how much.
 
What I don't understand is you're complaining about "almost free" cars. I don't think anyone on this game enjoys grinding for hours on a game to get up one level or to get some money for a car.
 
original.png

LOL Sniper :-) - very funny indeed !
 
FishHunters
To have gone through the game and having had to grind for every last credit to spend on cars and tunes, etc...is definitely a serious chore. When you have people who can go through and buy these very expensive cars for half price then get a serious boost in seasonal credits (3X) it certainly makes a huge difference. I think it's something to be "recognized" that those early guys had it harder before this update.

Brilliant! Next Sunday when my wife asks me how much longer I'm gonna be playing as there are chores to be done I promised to do hours ago... "Hey I'm already doing a serious chore here, lying in my underwear on the couch, building up prestige. So better recognize how hard I have it, and make me lunch when *you* are done with those chores."
 
If you want 'prestige' play call of duty, gt is a racing game not the us open.
 
Brilliant! Next Sunday when my wife asks me how much longer I'm gonna be playing as there are chores to be done I promised to do hours ago... "Hey I'm already doing a serious chore here, lying in my underwear on the couch, building up prestige. So better recognize how hard I have it, and make me lunch when *you* are done with those chores."
LOL:tup:
 
Brilliant! Next Sunday when my wife asks me how much longer I'm gonna be playing as there are chores to be done I promised to do hours ago... "Hey I'm already doing a serious chore here, lying in my underwear on the couch, building up prestige. So better recognize how hard I have it, and make me lunch when *you* are done with those chores."

:lol: 👍

I'm really torn between which thread is more ridiculous.
This one, or the "biggest disappointment of my life" one.
 
If you want 'prestige' play call of duty, gt is a racing game not the us open.

Prestige has nothing to do with call of duty.
 
To be fair I just spent the best part of 9.2 mil in here after doing various seasonal events,I guess it does make things a fair bit easier. The highlights included a PD F1 car, a Pescasorolo '05 and a Speed 8.
 
Brilliant! Next Sunday when my wife asks me how much longer I'm gonna be playing as there are chores to be done I promised to do hours ago... "Hey I'm already doing a serious chore here, lying in my underwear on the couch, building up prestige. So better recognize how hard I have it, and make me lunch when *you* are done with those chores."

:lol: 👍
 
lol ^^^^

this thread's title makes me laugh every time I see it unexpectedly.


Be gone troll!
Off to CoD! lol marching on

1234, 1234, 1234, 1234

something along those lines
behind enemy lines! all right I'm done.
 
If PD don't make GT6 so that it pleases everybody all of the time-then i ain't buying GT6...


/of sarcasm.


This has to be one of the most pathetic threads i've seen in a long while, i couldn't get past the first page. this should be locked!
 
Seriously, why would you complain?

Since most people who care about "prestige" probably already have got these cars through duping and birthday tickets and such. Now, after like 7 months since the game went out, somebody comes and complains about removing the prestige. Seriously, this update is IMO probably the best thing to happen in a long time. It means that PD cares about the gamers, and want to help them out. I say thanks to PD considering the fact that they could've abandoned work on GT5 long ago.
 
It all boils down to the fact that, You, the player in your own GT5 game:

Ok, so you have 1,200 cars, How confident are you at driving most of them successfully?
OCD cars at discounted price or not, are you still happy to be playing this game and learning from it?
Can you win at the new expert Seasonal Challenge, in the Fiat, STi, and Lotus? Does the fact that the new OCD cars and triple payouts CHANGE your driving abilities in succeeding at those races, and others?

Having thought about these questions, I thank my lucky stars that I can own this game and be decent at it to practice hard and ultimately win the challenges thrown at me, (except for golding the vettel, I can do it, but I don't want to spend a month straight at it daily, I find my time is best used to drive even the FIAT challenge!)

so where am I going with this? basically, I'd rather muster up my driving skills with the cars I buy , regardless of their value, than just thinking about the game being spoiled due to reduced car prices. I'm at 350 cars in, and will never reach them all, simply because I refuse to buy all them versions of miatas and skylines and mitsubishis however, I did buy the rare or older car that came along in those lines. This is my own prestige, to want to drive the cars I buy, regardless of their price.
 
I was a little miffed to find that I had already purchased most of the OCD "half off" cars when they were at full price in the UCD. But hey, I must have been doing pretty well to afford them all at full price, right? Plus it's just a game so I got over it very quickly.
 
Back