New OCD... Thank you PD for destroying everything called prestige in the game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greisen
  • 150 comments
  • 12,327 views
It does seem awfully contradictory that they would place a limit on trading expensive cars, but then slash the prices and make them available easily. The op has a point... what is the incentive to playing the game?
 
Really? I thought this game was the real driving simulator, not the car collection game. The cars in the game are meant to be driven. I completely agree with Joao71's comment about prestige, but if you must get your prestige from a video game, at least get it from your driving accomplishments. Some of us have families and jobs and can't play all day every day, grinding credits and cycling through the UCD several times searching for cars. I prefer to spend my time enjoying the little time I can play by actually enjoying the driving aspect of the game and racing with friends online. Besides, the "prestige" of owning all the cars was lost as soon as people realized you could dupe tickets, use rubber bands to grind credits, have multiple accounts to send cars/tickets from, etc.
 
Im not sure if im the only one that is furious about the new OCD... Before this patch there was a lil bit of prestige in having some of the best LM and grp C cars in the game. Now u almost get them for free... Why would u ever do this PD?

It does seem awfully contradictory that they would place a limit on trading expensive cars, but then slash the prices and make them available easily. The op has a point... what is the incentive to playing the game?

Hi welcome to "since the game was new" everyone and their mother had every group C and race car and 50 Redbull X1s etc because they were duped to hell.

I agreed with you guys back then, in fact I still do. But unfortunately this topic has been beaten to death with the duping discussions and the simple fact is, its too late.
 
Wow...I think people should buy their cars to DRIVE them, not just for the sake of having them. I drive all the cars I have at least once (apart from maybe the prize cars).
 
It does seem awfully contradictory that they would place a limit on trading expensive cars, but then slash the prices and make them available easily. The op has a point... what is the incentive to playing the game?

I only have one incentive...The satisfaction of a job well done!

I for one would like to thank PD for this gesture. Recent well known events have been a hardship not only for the people who play the game but for PD as well. I acknowledge this as a reward for sticking it out and being patient while the stars realign in our racing world...

Welcome back PD!...I'm still here. :)
 
This is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207370

Dude, just yesterday you were telling us how you perpetually restart your PS3 in hopes of attaining one of these "prestigious" cars. Now you complain because others don't have to cheat the system? Your a complete fool. Maybe there would have been something prestigious about a nice car, if no lazy bums (like yourself) had ever figured out how to scam free cars - but that ship sailed a while ago.

+1. When I see things like this it makes me think that the OP is a troll for Forza. Maybe he's not, but it just seems that way.
 
Chaps... you're right, it has been beaten to death. I don't dupe, I traded though. I'm not for or against duping or the cheap cars.

I was merely suggesting that the game seems awfully strange now (like motive wise?) I mean, why go to the trouble to stop the dupers, make it challenging (read: grinding) to get money, and then add remote racing so you can "auto grind" to make tons of money, and then make the really "exclusive" cars cheap and available?

It's silly. If you want the game to be hard, fine. But make it hard and leave it that way. Don't cop out. If you want it to be easy and fun, fine, but make it easy and leave it that way. Don't make the game "hard" and then get pissed when people find a way around it, and then punish them, and then say well... it's sort of ok, we're sorry... here are some cheap cars.

It's blipping stupid.
 
Why would u ever do this PD?

Because they were way over priced? 👍

I have to agree it is another example of the wishy-washy approach by PD.
Apparently in an attempt to satisfy everyone, they will probably end up satisfying no-one.

Sort of a unintented consequence of listening to the fans I guess.
 
Prestige from owning a car in a video game...oh man that is classic...

There is nothing prestigious about having the time to grind enough races to have tons of money...

Oh...and nobody sees your garage other than you lol
 
Great patch, no more grinding!

But those seasonals are tough......
 
It does seem awfully contradictory that they would place a limit on trading expensive cars, but then slash the prices and make them available easily. The op has a point... what is the incentive to playing the game?

To have fun racing?

Stop being a baby, you dont need incentive, and they dont need to give you one.
 
Prestige? Really? It's a game...

I love the new OCD. I basically completed my race car collection. I was still needing the C5R, the C60, and the Camaro LM. That just happened to be the last 3 I was looking for. Also picked up a blue Teg Touring Car (already had the red). Probably cash in some Bob Bucks and get a couple of others just to have 0 miles. The Astra Touring Car is one of my Top 10 favs in the game so it would be nice to have a 0-mile garage queen.
 
What difficulties?
* learning to dupe (I haven't done it...but plenty have)
* learning to glitch (again I didn't bother but people were making 2 mil a night)
* rubber-banding for credits
* running b-spec races overnight in overpowered cars and waking to to credits

I think people are just bitter after spending hours grinding for a car only to have its price drop. I simply pose the question, why bother grinding in the first place? Race online and enjoy earning credits in low powered cars while you build up your driving and tuning skills. My favorite cars in the game only cost about 15,000-40,000 cr each.

There is no difficulty in obtaining expensive cars and there is no prestige to be had for owning them. Cars owned == hours spent playing. That is all.

First of all to criticize the guys use of the term prestige is playing on semantics in my opinion. To have gone through the game and having had to grind for every last credit to spend on cars and tunes, etc...is definitely a serious chore. When you have people who can go through and buy these very expensive cars for half price then get a serious boost in seasonal credits (3X) it certainly makes a huge difference. I think it's something to be "recognized" that those early guys had it harder before this update. That doesn't count the people who cheated. To say otherwise is to ignore the fact that it is and was a grind.
 
Prestige? No.
People started trading, duping, exploiting b-day system, auto-grinding and many more things in order to get cars (cheating).
Cars were never prestige, for example - if I want 330-P4 I can make a '67 PSN account in less than 5 minutes, do you call that prestige?
And now you cry how there's no prestige anymore? Was there ever prestige in the first place?
And also, it's for 1 week only so quit whining, retard(s).
Good day.
 
To have fun racing?

Stop being a baby, you dont need incentive, and they dont need to give you one.

Oh man. Thanks for setting me straight. I get it now.
 
Hahahaha
What a bitter bastard...

I have all the cars above 1million credits and it took zero effort to get them, just trading. There is no prestige in owning any particular car since you can buy all of them and most people traded for all of the expensive ones before 1.06.
 
All car prestige was gone right from the beginning. For about the first three months after the game came out people were duplicating and trading cars like crazy. Its the main reason so many people have so many X2010s.
 
This is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207370

Dude, just yesterday you were telling us how you perpetually restart your PS3 in hopes of attaining one of these "prestigious" cars. Now you complain because others don't have to cheat the system? Your a complete fool. Maybe there would have been something prestigious about a nice car, if no lazy bums (like yourself) had ever figured out how to scam free cars - but that ship sailed a while ago.

Wow.

He's busted.

You were cheating, and now you resent that other people can get cars by racing and paying for them a bit more easily than you expected.

Come on, man. Who cares enough about this to restart their PS3 a million times? Where is the prestige in that? I don't have a problem with your choice to do so, but you are not prestigious for cheating a game of luck by picking up the dice and rolling them over and over and over until you finally land on Boardwalk.

At the end of the day, this is a video game, and it's not important. I really enjoy it, and I appreciate the idea of making each dollar earned count, but I think a little event like this is OK.
 
They should do it this way from now on every week. Then i have a point to buy the cars as i have already all, but mostly used ones. :dopey:👍

And the price is actually worth the grinding.
 
Im not sure if im the only one that is furious about the new OCD... Before this patch there was a lil bit of prestige in having some of the best LM and grp C cars in the game. Now u almost get them for free... Why would u ever do this PD?

There's just no pleasing some people, is there? Get a life! I was so... pleased to be able to get the Bentley at last after months of frustrating waiting/searching/recycling. Thanks, PD!! 👍👍👍👍👍
 
Double edged sword IMO.

On on hand it takes the exclusivity of hard saved and waited for cars away from me.
But it gives back with with a cheaper FGT so I can finally do that series.
 
Wow...I think people should....


Right there is where your statement fails.

When you become the one who's sitting here playing my game, then you can tell me how I should play it. ;)

If someone just wants to turn on GT5 and watch the people mill about in photomode for hours, or buy random cars from the UCD and never touch them, or just collect museum cards and never race at all, then they should do so without ever having to hear someone use the phrase that you did.

If it's in the game, and it brings you joy, then go with it and feel good man.
You paid for it, enjoy it how you want, and let others do the same in their way. 👍
 
This

prestige in a game, online... lol

And like Tommy_861 says and i add: its too very late.
 
It does seem awfully contradictory that they would place a limit on trading expensive cars, but then slash the prices and make them available easily. The op has a point... what is the incentive to playing the game?

What's the contradiction? Prevent people from trading expensive cars, to keep them from duplicating and trading very expensive cars... but then allow them to actually buy those expensive cars for a little less... but at prices that still force them to play a couple of races each to afford those cars.

-

And there is absolutely no prestige and exclusivity in owning a bucketload of zero mile cars... only hundreds of thousands of miles done grinding or weeks of duplicating 1000 tickets.
 
What's the contradiction? Prevent people from trading expensive cars, to keep them from duplicating and trading very expensive cars... but then allow them to actually buy those expensive cars for a little less... but at prices that still force them to play a couple of races each to afford those cars.

-

And there is absolutely no prestige and exclusivity in owning a bucketload of zero mile cars... only hundreds of thousands of miles done grinding or weeks of duplicating 1000 tickets.

👍👍
 
*flabbergasted*

Err, are you serious Gresian? You can't be serious. Do you like being abused by strangers? Why would you say this madness?

There is no prestige lost. I'm truly speechless, sort of.
 
If you think having most of the LMP and Group C cars cars with 0 miles before this update is something worthy of praise, I have some bad news for you...

Not everyone has the time to grind daily in order to buy these cars, or the patience to exploit Birthday cards.

Everyone should be able to experience every car in this game without too much hassle because GT5 is not a RPG.
 
I think Zero Mileage LM cars should have been at the old price and the high mileage LM cars at half price. Just my thoughts, but I could be wrong.
 
prestige in a game, online... lol

I have to agree. If u want prestige. Go outside into the real world and become a prestigious polar bear tracker or something.
 
And he hasn't replied since...
What a hypocrite.
 
Back