New Pagani Supercar - introducing the Pagani Huayra!

Huayra still looks podgy and ill-proportioned to me. Not sure if a splitter and giant dive planes do it any favours.

So its like a Huaya take of a Zonda F succesor judging by the interior. I have no idea if the active aero still working on that.

Plus why they called it "Huayra Before Century"?

That's awful. It's like they got a bunch of children to rice a Huayra with 15 year old SEMA trade stall parts.

I have to say I'm surprised at all the 'Huayra is ugly' comments, I've always thought it looks as good as the Zonda.

Still not keen on the fixed wing alongside the active flaps, it should have been one or the other. Apart from that, it looks suitably more aggressive than the standard Huayra.

I just love how Pagani makes small tweaks over the years and makes the car look even better with each new version.:eek:

I really like the Huayra BC, it has the edgy styling akin to the Zonda which I felt was missing from the standard Huayra, nice to see some of the insanity has returned.

But then I saw the price tag and was like...
a51be17813c0640ddf538e41f0afaa5e.jpg

Multiple auto websites are quoting different HP numbers from as low as 740 and all the way up to 789hp, but the weight is a bit more consistent at 2,685 pounds or roughly 1,218kg from 1,350kg.

Regardless of the final official output, that weight loss makes it roughly 1000 Pounds lighter than the Porsche 918. :eek:

I'm sitting here looking at my BRZ, realizing that this car has the same weight figure but 580 more HP. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how stupid-fast this thing will be.

That said, make that exposed CF follow the body lines a little closer, and return those wheels to Pep Boys and I'll love it. I get they're going for function over form with this particular model, but they could style those wheels up a little bit, at least.

The Huayra is definitely a car that needs to be seen in the metal. The proportions and detailing are almost Bangle-like in that sense. It carries itself much better in person. Based on that, I'd really like to see this up close, since I like it in pictures more than I've ever liked the "base" one in the same situations.

Nice touch with the name referencing the first buyer. Appropriate too, since both cars have 6.0L engines.

I'm still not super fond of the wheels, but I gotta say, they look much better in motion. It's not that they're ugly, just that they look way too simple sitting on a car that looks so insane.

And that turning radius is monstrous, but I expect nothing less from something so wonderfully impractical.

From the pictures and that review, it still retains the active aero winglets at the front and rear. 👍

So combine that with the Dallara designed aero package, the lighter weight, faster shifting gearbox, increased power and so on, this could be a very serious track monster which could quite possibly have other well known hypercars looking over their shoulders. :D

The ugly comments are silly, the "bad rear wing" (which is quite unique and clearly meant for this car and this car alone) which is a much better design than the off the rack rear wing used by BMW for the GTS. And when comparing it to other cars of similar pedigree that get a hyper aggressive track variant...I don't see the SEMA show tackiness either.

The car looks good and transcends the subtle luxurious looks of the "base" model with a more predator on the road track car. Quite nice and keeps up with the R before it.

Last edited:
Back