New patch is out!

• Thread starter Nachkebia
  • 187 comments
No problems here, downloaded 2.30 and PAL GT5P patch.
Took about 30 mins. Haven't had any time to race yet.

No problems here, downloaded 2.30 and PAL GT5P patch.
Took about 30 mins. Haven't had any time to race yet.

That was the case for me with last patch but this newest had failed two times already. (yes i have a PAL-version)

EDIT:three times... four(that was a quick one).. I have to my check internet connection.
EDIT2: Now it is finished, but meter never went passed half way. I quess it is still patched

Sorry If this question have been said before me.
For ones who have US version, do you still need a patch? Or is it already ready to play?

This is a huge improvement, downloading and installing only took me about 20 minutes, I got up early yesterday morning, cause I suspected there would also be a PS3 update, so I set the alarm 30 minutes earlier to download and install that one in the morning, that way I was able to start the game update right after work.

The best thing is the fact that my F430 can keep up with the Elise's now, what, did I say keep up, a clean Elise driver can't get past me now, because my accelaration is much better now. I can corner faster than the everage GT-R driver but a good driver is in one is now a challenge, I just can't keep up with them on straights, I realy have to brake perfectly to be able to get past one.

Only one thing left on my wish-list and that is brand-races on professional settings, so we can have races like, Mini-cup, Alfa 147 cup etc.

Do you drive the F430 on pro physics?
+1 on the one make races, I like my 147 but I'll be damned if it can win anything, especially with those mad tyte Integras running around.

Raced 3-4 times online tonight with new patch, and got hit around a bit. Never got one penalty so it seems better so far.

Do you drive the F430 on pro physics?
+1 on the one make races, I like my 147 but I'll be damned if it can win anything, especially with those mad tyte Integras running around.

Yes, I tend to drive everything on pro physics these days. That's why I only like the PRO races and TT's online. I still switch back to the standard PS controller though because my feet are not sensitive enough yet to have good throttle control. That's also the reason why I realy want some one-brand races, because the slower cars are controlable whith my wheel, I know I should buy a G25 but simply can't afford it, I have three money pits living in with me ;-)

Yes, I tend to drive everything on pro physics these days. That's why I only like the PRO races and TT's online. I still switch back to the standard PS controller though because my feet are not sensitive enough yet to have good throttle control. That's also the reason why I realy want some one-brand races, because the slower cars are controlable whith my wheel, I know I should buy a G25 but simply can't afford it, I have three money pits living in with me ;-)

Yeah, I'm trying to learn to drive most things on pro physics too. Does't mean I'm quick with it though. I'm a good couple of seconds off online records in pro physics. Well, RWD ones anyway. AWD and FWD I'm fine with, good even. I'd really like to race you with the Alfa 147 one day. Remember we suggested this race in another thread a few days back?

still cant download it :(

EDIT:

HELP !

gt5 has frozen on the download screen, cant exit it, it says to not switch it off, but it does not download either... what should i do?

EDIT2:

just pressed every button, and it worked to abort haha

keep tryin because for example my first attempt has failed at %70.
then in 2nd attempt it downloaded only first %20-30 percent then suddenly it has been finished. this happend to me every patch downloading. looks like some cache work

Im having the same problem I just got the game a couple hours ago but it will not down load the patch keeps telling me error! ive tried about 50 times haha im about to throw the ps3 out the window damn i just wanna drive with you guys online.... is there anything else we can do other than try again haha cuz im just about out of those.....

EDIT: never mind it worked but i had to delete my saved data :P see you online....

I've been trying to download this darn patch for the past 7 hours and I keep getting errors. I was up to 75% at one point and got an error. Why is there no resume feature?! This is ridiculous. I'm about to burn my disc and toss the damn thing. Same thing happened when I first bought the game. Frustrating. But because I love this game I'm gonna keep trying. Heh. :(

In case you didn't read the entire thread and if you have a router, disconnect it and hardwire you PS3 to the internet.

Its pretty ridicolouse that that is needed honoustly. Would have expected beter from sony hardware. :(

Gonna have a re-shuffle-the-furniture-in-house day so good time to put a new wire from living room to bed room :)

Question:

Where does the updates gets installed? => game data (which you can't copy) or game save data (which you can copy)?

logic dictates, game data :guilty:

The update on the 1st of May is not an update you have to download and install.
It means that the list of online events gets update and that new races will be available online.

Yay, it looks like they are listening to us :)
Lots of new online events.
There are pro physics events for 500, 600 and 750pp.
The only drawback is that they left out the London track completely (only track i'm really good at :( )
And only 2 races on Fuji F.
The good news however is that 1 of those Fuji events is for F1 only 👍
The other F1 race is HSR reverse.

@ kikie

There is nothing to install.
It's just that they have changed the races that are on offer on-line.

So this new update is installed automatically without even knowing it?

Like i said before, it isn't a game update.
The matchmaking server holds the online race information.
And that information has been updated.

they said updates will be faster than before. so I take this as a lie because people are still having same problems.

if it failed couple times keep trying to update it. system is somehow keeping previous update percent as a cache then add new files over it.

Improvement in Download Speed
- Improvements in download speeds for online updates and content

Maybe you have to update first to take advantage of the improved download speed :)

Back