New patch is out!

• Thread starter Nachkebia
  • 187 comments
I don't know what update I've downloaded but I don't see any difference in the pp system, as much credits for certain races and no hand animation in the F430.

:confused:

Btw split screen replay added, I remember one guy was very dissaponted, I just tried and it works :)

Really?
Now I can make a video Evo X vs Subi STi :)
And Drive them Nose to nose for a nice shot! :)
WOHOO

Btw split screen replay added, I remember one guy was very dissaponted, I just tried and it works :)

I believe the complaint was that you couldnt get a non-split screen replay in 2 player mode, because the split-screen replay was in before this patch.

I don't know what update I've downloaded but I don't see any difference in the pp system, as much credits for certain races and no hand animation in the F430.

:confused:

Sorry to state the obvious but did you install the update or just download it?

Well, the download went lightning fast, downloaded it about 3 hours ago, so that was probably after the big traffic jam. It is great now that you can see what country you are from. It is related to what account you log onto your ps3 with. That country decides where you are from. This was the reason for me to make a netherlands account. now when I own Japanese players they know what country to drop the bomb on.
Is it me or does the s2000 seem toned down a bit since this update?

Sorry to state the obvious but did you install the update or just download it?
Downloaded it for sure, install it? I don't know. I thought that update installed itself automatically.

Downloaded it for sure, install it? I don't know. I thought that update installed itself automatically.
Well, have you got a Citroen C4 to see if the steering wheel center is fixed (like the real thing)?

The flag is not tied to IP geolocation (thank godness!) but the country of the account you play with. Tested with my HK account and USA. Unfortunately not all the countries are listed in Sony's sign up page (come on Sony, it's been 2 years) so I'll choose Kimi's finland flag for the moment :)

But this means playing all C , B and A again... :yuck:

Any way to download the update on a pc, copy to usb stick and install it on ps3?, as trying in game is impossible here...

no you can't pal, this is not Unreal 3 .

patience, no router and a wired connection is the key. :)

I have a wireless. Al tho I never had SPEC II of the game, (wating for US copy) I did download the first few patches for Japanese version. The most time out I had were 3, other then that no problems at all.

I have a wireless. Al tho I never had SPEC II of the game, (wating for US copy) I did download the first few patches for Japanese version. The most time out I had were 3, other then that no problems at all.

I used a router, wi-fi and 30 attempts to get the update 2.10 today... :indiff:

spec II and the previous updates (december 97) were a pain in the ass also.

i will use no router and CAT5 for the next update! by the way when the Korean version will be released? :D

Downloaded PS3 update no problems.. 1st try. GTP update took 3 tries. Over a 3g Data Card connection on a wireless router...

Can't say I like the Elise is so penalized. What next? The Integra? It rules the 600PP...

i prefer it this way lol, made saving up for the ford gt test car easy. the thing i don't like about the new system is that i can't drive the subaru impreza or 350z anymore...although i did race the 350z aroound HSR with 660pp and won the race againsst all the lotus's at 700pp. won by one second.

The flag is not tied to IP geolocation (thank godness!) but the country of the account you play with. Tested with my HK account and USA. Unfortunately not all the countries are listed in Sony's sign up page (come on Sony, it's been 2 years) so I'll choose Kimi's finland flag for the moment :)

But this means playing all C , B and A again... :yuck:

That is true. Mexico is not listed on the Playstation network so I chose US and that is what it shows online.

I made an other account and used the italian flag, it resembles the colors of the mexican flag :).

Just got the update, first time too :dopey: Standard router setup, took a little under 2hrs. I could swear that the C6 Corvette is a more managable drive now, not so taily. What do you guys think?

This is a huge improvement, downloading and installing only took me about 20 minutes, I got up early yesterday morning, cause I suspected there would also be a PS3 update, so I set the alarm 30 minutes earlier to download and install that one in the morning, that way I was able to start the game update right after work.

The best thing is the fact that my F430 can keep up with the Elise's now, what, did I say keep up, a clean Elise driver can't get past me now, because my accelaration is much better now. I can corner faster than the everage GT-R driver but a good driver is in one is now a challenge, I just can't keep up with them on straights, I realy have to brake perfectly to be able to get past one.

Only one thing left on my wish-list and that is brand-races on professional settings, so we can have races like, Mini-cup, Alfa 147 cup etc.

The best thing is the fact that my F430 can keep up with the Elise's now, what, did I say keep up, a clean Elise driver can't get past me now, because my accelaration is much better now. I can corner faster than the everage GT-R driver but a good driver is in one is now a challenge, I just can't keep up with them on straights, I realy have to brake perfectly to be able to get past one.

I can confirm that. The F430 seems to have gained a lot in the 700 points race. I was racing one of them and coulndn't overtake. Even if I overtook in the corners, I would not make enough time and would get overtaken in the straight.

I don't get it. After testing the download with and without the router, the download only took about 4 to 6 min. Others are talking about 20 min. and more. Is our internet connection that fast?

no problems here - d/l without problems first attempt, pretty quick too, though I have to admit I wasnt watching it, I was watching TV instead!

My d/l went fine first time, about 15-20 minutes I think.

Spec II succeeded on the second attempt.

Interestingly, I'm on a wireless connection to a little hub, and then a wired connection to the hub.

Maybe it's the PS3's wireless bits that aren't quite up to scratch for heavy usage?

Downloaded PS3 update no problems.. 1st try. GTP update took 3 tries. Over a 3g Data Card connection on a wireless router...

Can't say I like the Elise is so penalized. What next? The Integra? It rules the 600PP...

Don't say that about my poor little Integra. It will get upset. Besides I like eating F430's for breakfast!

I managed to download both Spec 2 and 2.10 first time without any problem and I've a wireless connection so I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones.

Back