New physics (update 1.31)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dess81
  • 592 comments
  • 107,009 views
Low speed grip is significantly improved, before was impossible to do standing start with FWD cars like in real life without spining tyres like crazy. Now is realistic, and would make sense to add drag strip again with this improved tyre model.
 
At least with the Gr3 cars, for me it has something to do with the changes they did to the TC settings...

The Jag F-Type after the update with TC1 is not really controllable for me, especially out of tight corners and hairpins(lots of uncontrollable and unpredictable snap oversteer!)...

With TC2 it is almost as I am used to it before this update with TC1, but maybe a little bit slower...
 
I don't think there is much difference in physics, but the force feedback of the steering wheel is messed up by PD again. Now the feedback of the steering wheel is like driving on ice. I can't understand the dynamics of the vehicle at all.
PD please, please Can you publish it after testing and confirming that there are no problems,OK?
 
Last edited:
Having tried some more cars - Gr.3 feels a lot better, but everything slower feels a lot worse to me.
Have yet to try Gr.2 and above but I've heard good things.
 
I saw someone post on reddit that the countersteer assist seems to be on no matter what option you choose.

Wtf? Is this true?
 
I usually set my diff around 20/15/20. so hopefully the update won't hit me too hard

Yeah I would change that. Lower braking and raise the others especially on race cars.
 
So would you say that some of the race cars will need at least 1 TC to feel ok? I havent had a chance to login and do any testing myself yet. I honestly wouldn't mind this as driving on TC 0 often feels like a crutch cause using any TC before made you slow AF.
I find them manageable with TC 0, always played like that. Not realistic because GT3 cars use TC IRL. So now yes, TC1 is now much more usable and actually more akin to real life :)
 
Having tried some more cars - Gr.3 feels a lot better, but everything slower feels a lot worse to me.
Have yet to try Gr.2 and above but I've heard good things.
Did 3 races in Sardegna and i kinda start to enjoy the new behave.
 
I find them manageable with TC 0, always played like that. Not realistic because GT3 cars use TC IRL. So now yes, TC1 is now much more usable and actually more akin to real life :)
Yes me too, once i learned how to drive without TC I could never go back to it without feeling super slow. Seeing the game become more realistic is all I really want so this is good news. Will still need to test when i get home. Hopefully the FFB on the T300 has been improved.
 
Well, they ****ed up. Rain started after the first chicane on Sarthe and intensified quick. On a soaking wet track with RH tyres covered in soap, I'm getting 13,5 second penalties for track limits, because I ran off the track in Mulsanne. Braking has no use since you're driving a boat without a rudder. Track limit penalties in torrential rain? I'd expect a full course yellow first, then a pace car. Not penalties for crossing the track limits.
Got 2 penalties in 1 lap, resulting in 35 seconds penalty. What happened to the 0.5 and 3.0 second penalties?
This means Sarthe 700 has to be started on Full Wets, just in case the torrential rain comes down halfway the track.
Gran Turismo goes to Granny Turismo if we have to paint within the lines everywhere anytime.
 
Well, they ****ed up. Rain started after the first chicane on Sarthe and intensified quick. On a soaking wet track with RH tyres covered in soap, I'm getting 13,5 second penalties for track limits, because I ran off the track in Mulsanne. Braking has no use since you're driving a boat without a rudder. Track limit penalties in torrential rain? I'd expect a full course yellow first, then a pace car. Not penalties for crossing the track limits.
Got 2 penalties in 1 lap, resulting in 35 seconds penalty. What happened to the 0.5 and 3.0 second penalties?
This means Sarthe 700 has to be started on Full Wets, just in case the torrential rain comes down halfway the track.
Gran Turismo goes to Granny Turismo if we have to paint within the lines everywhere anytime.

Have you tried braking earlier? 🤔
 
Did 3 races in Sardegna and i kinda start to enjoy the new behave.
Yeah I've been running the Manu cup practice just to get a feel for it - and whilst I think that exit oversteer is a touch stronger than it should be, the understeer problems aren't really a thing for GT3 cars. They feel great, and honestly quite close to ACC.

It wouldn't surprise me if the physics changes focused on making Gr.3 feel good, and everything else kind of suffered in return.
 
I used TC1 for gt3 cars, and it was nice to use full accelerate in conners. I need to use TC3 for gt3 cars to do the same now. I haven't drive real GT3 cars, but I think that new physics more realistic, I like it. It's hard for me to play on gamepad for now without TC3
and i tried GT3 on Nürburgring, it's much harder to get on the road after update. I'm glad that I have got my GT7 platinum 2 weeks ago, cos it would be much harder now.
 
Last edited:
I saw someone post on reddit that the countersteer assist seems to be on no matter what option you choose.

Wtf? Is this true?
Oh dear I thought that was me just imagining the countersteer assist. I do feel some kind of assist when I tried drifting in a stock GR86 around tsukuba. I can especially feel it on the 2nd hairpin before the dunlop corner, it's really hard for me to be able to say exactly what it is but the amount of opposite lock I give and what's happening to the car on the screen doesn't really match, it feels like the car is straightening by itself before exit of the corner, I hope I'm wrong though and just need to get used to the new physics because overall I'm lovin it.

Other than that I love the new tyre grip level on comforts and sports they're now much more progressive and predictable, also FFB is soo much better after I reset them and tweaked them again to my liking i can feel the curbs now on my wheel. RWD road cars can understeer too now which is another positive. overall thumbs up to PD.
 
This is funny. In recent weeks I have thought to myself that the physics have become quite fine except the somewhat excessive understeer. Now it feels worse, and I was under the impression this update would improve on this.
 
Have you tried braking earlier? 🤔
On a soaking wet Mulsanne? Yes, I have, because I know water collects at the entry. Had no use at all, because I just floated down the track well before the corner entry already.
I get track limit penalties when getting an advantage, but not when sliding off track due to bad weather conditions. That just isn't right.

I've gone off track in wet conditions before 1.31 at the same points. No track limit penalties. They need to fix this!
 
Last edited:
The actual assist no, at least for me. Maybe they were referring to the hidden assist for controller which is always on :)

The post in question was on a wheel.
 
Road cars/sports tyres seem to have immensely improved traction, and race cars/tyres seem to have much less traction.
Overwhelmingly, everything I've driven now understeers like an absolute boat.

I don't like complaining about things right after they've changed because it just looks like whining about change but I really don't like this so far. Everything feels like a chore to drive, and now GT cars just have horrible entry understeer with exit oversteer to boot.
Damn. I’m about to log on, so I’m gonna cross my fingers and hope that/likely be overly optimistic that the Physics Engine tweaks will result in a being able to carefully tune a car to handle well(hopefully fantastic) by using more accurately true to life changes and adjustments to the car's various suspension component parameters; like the bound and rebound of the shocks, spring rates, geometry, ride height, and aero… I’m not say’n the odds are Great or even Good for my preferred outcome, Lol.
But… We shall see. Wish me luck!! …for all our sakes. 😜, 👊 CHEERS🍻!!!
 
Yeah I've been running the Manu cup practice just to get a feel for it - and whilst I think that exit oversteer is a touch stronger than it should be, the understeer problems aren't really a thing for GT3 cars. They feel great, and honestly quite close to ACC.

It wouldn't surprise me if the physics changes focused on making Gr.3 feel good, and everything else kind of suffered in return.
My experience is completly the opposite from yours...
I tried two roadcars(Testarossa and the 74 Countach) so far and both behave better and seem to be quicker after the update, while the Gr3 Jaguar sucked badly at fist but feels just like before with TC2(while I was using TC 1 before)
 
OMG please don't give me hope lololol. What wheel are you using?
Logitech G27 with GIMX adapter, and this is me saying after 2 month of playing AC on PC. they're not up there with AC yet but they feel much better then what I remembered last time I played GT7.
 
Looks like ARB tweaking is in order. Seems not to need so much difference between front and back anymore. Went from 6 front 4 back for my goto ViperGTS tune to 5 front 4 back. Also some minor toe tweaking
Thanks! That’s at least some partiality Tested Info/Data, potentially helpful that I can actually work with and test as well. 👊!!
 
TC1 is really good. It lets you go just past the point where there is just enough oversteer to rotate the car better. So with just slight modulation you go much quicker on TC1 now than before.
You might be right there...
 
Thanks! That’s at least some partiality Tested Info/Data, potentially helpful that I can actually work with and test as well. 👊!!
Some more findings
  • Even though they mentioned tweaks to the damping/compression I dont see a lot of difference playing around there.
  • Sport tires seem to have more grip. Testing around if I can drop to harder tires (say from Soft to Medium) and add more power.
 
Anyone care to test drive the Gr.3 458 for me and see if it still is a PITA to drive?

I’m at work till Saturday 😑
 
RM's get a ton more life in them. You can now finish Sardegna WTC800 with 1 set of RM's and have good life in them left. Fuel consumption seems to be better too. I'm getting 11 laps done from 1 fuel load, instead of the 8 I got before.
Haven't done any additional tuning to the car (SC430 GT500) for this race and feel it understeers just a tat more than before, but it can easily be ignored.
AI still hasn't been fixed and is as stupid as ever, especially when they get blue flags.
 
Back