New supercar nostalgia event.

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 156 comments
This expert level race event is for historic supercars built on or before 1979. Cars may be tuned up to 550PP and tires are limited to Sports/Hard or less. A "Performance Point Bonus" is awarded to cars participating with a lower PP. For example, using a 510PP car will approximately double the prize credits.

SRF is locked on, yet again. Just so you don't have to bother wasting your time loading it up to check if that bothers you like it does me.

I know it's not news. I'm merely mocking them....(for the first time on here)

I at least hope they're trying to improve the A.I. through these seasonals.

But SRF does suck. It should be optional. Yes these threads are about the seasonal events, but the forced SRF is an issue on each one. I see the merit in keeping thread discussion more about the other parts of each event, but i don't see why it is not ok for people to continue to express their displeasure in FORCED SRF. I've been away from GT5 for over a month or so because of this issue and came back recently and tried one of the new seasonal's with forced SRF and was 1-2sec slower per lap then normal(with my favourite car and setup) at SARTHE. I love the look of some of these new seasonal event car and track combinations but have very little motivation to try them whilst SRF remains forced on :(

But SRF does suck. It should be optional. Yes these threads are about the seasonal events, but the forced SRF is an issue on each one. I see the merit in keeping thread discussion more about the other parts of each event, but i don't see why it is not ok for people to continue to express their displeasure in FORCED SRF. I've been away from GT5 for over a month or so because of this issue and came back recently and tried one of the new seasonal's with forced SRF and was 1-2sec slower per lap then normal(with my favourite car and setup) at SARTHE. I love the look of some of these new seasonal event car and track combinations but have very little motivation to try them whilst SRF remains forced on :(

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, I agree with you in fact and that is the problem. You are preaching to the choir, PD is either not listening or doesn't care. For now it should just be a given that new seasonal events come with SRF locked on, you either do them and try in some way to enjoy them or don't.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, I agree with you in fact and that is the problem. You are preaching to the choir, PD is either not listening or doesn't care. For now it should just be a given that new seasonal events come with SRF locked on, you either do them and try in some way to enjoy them or don't.

Let me clear this up so that people wont get confused.

ONLY A-SPEC seasonal events have SRF FORCED ON. Seasonal Time Trials have SRF FORCED OFF.

Cheers! 👍

Surely it should be seen as a challenge to you guys? Especially the seriously fast guys, to see how low you can take the pp level. I'm just happy to get gold on these events & sometimes I don't manage that!

hol
Surely it should be seen as a challenge to you guys? Especially the seriously fast guys, to see how low you can take the pp level. I'm just happy to get gold on these events & sometimes I don't manage that!

We did that already, before training wheels were welded on.

This is not new news. :irked: It has been locked on in seasonals for a while now.

Don't shoot down my hopes and dreams that they might actually listen to their customers on a massive issue like this someday. :lol:

Wow. I can't believe you guys are still bitching about it :D

For those interested in actually doing the races....I won easily with a GT40. Power limited to 550pp. I'm about to try out the Mark IV in it. :)

Mark IV Did it quite well as well. 9:51 total time for the daytona track.

Last edited:
Wow. I can't believe you guys are still bitching about it :D

For those interested in actually doing the races....I won easily with a GT40. Power limited to 550pp. I'm about to try out the Mark IV in it. :)

Mark IV Did it quite well as well. 9:51 total time for the daytona track.

Agree, still bitching, and all the while the Time Trials are still waiting to see their names up front.

I had a few quick races in the Ferrari, exactly as it was in my garage, about 470 or 480 PP and couldn't manage a win. I would have used the GT40 but thought it would be classed as a Race car rather than a Super car.
Glad to hear it can be used.

And the comment about lowering the PP is relevant regarding upping the difficulty level. Sadly most will cut off their nose to spite their faces here rather than take on a low PP challenge.

@ everyone still complaining about SRF and weak AI - For the next seasonal event, I will post it. I will use the opening post to describe the event. Then I will use the second post to copy and paste all of the SRF and AI complaints that have been posted over the last ten events. Just trying to save you all some time.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, but you're starting to sound like whiney six year old girls.

yea why not, put srf optional and also optional on time trials.

after 1st race, i lowered pp to 500, make it more interesting. Still racing

Motor City Hami
@ everyone still complaining about SRF and weak AI - For the next seasonal event, I will post it. I will use the opening post to describe the event. Then I will use the second post to copy and paste all of the SRF and AI complaints that have been posted over the last ten events. Just trying to save you all some time.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, but you're starting to sound like whiney six year old girls.

:bowdown:👍:cheers:

Well said. I used to check these seasonals every day for help, guidance, and general discussion about the event. But now I mainly avoid them because for every one helpful post there are five post complaining about the SRF, or how easy it was (some of us do struggle with these events...we're not all racing Gods), or how they have given up with the seasonals (yet the post about them every week :dunce: )

Just once, for old times sake, could a seasonal tread really be about the seasonal? 👍

:bowdown:👍:cheers:

Well said. I used to check these seasonals every day for help, guidance, and general discussion about the event. But now I mainly avoid them because for every one helpful post there are five post complaining about the SRF, or how easy it was (some of us do struggle with these events...we're not all racing Gods), or how they have given up with the seasonals (yet the post about them every week :dunce: )

Just once, for old times sake, could a seasonal tread really be about the seasonal? 👍

I fully agree. People need to realize that there is a thread dedicated to SRF on seasonal events here, and the people who say they are giving up on seasonals just need to stop, as it is does nothing to contribute to the cause.

I only had time to try High Speed Ring last night. I used the '78 Ferrari at 500PP. Had the two rabbit Lambos to chase down and can only get to within a couple of seconds. The tune that I used is from pre 2.08 so it could be faster, but it was loads of fun to drive. It has a nice controllable drift without getting so sideways that you lose time. I will post the tune tonight or tomorrow.

Not sure what other cars to try for this? I would like to be able to beat the Lambos at 500PP or below. I also don't want to have to use too much power limiter to make a car fit the PP level. Any suggestions on cars to try?

It's cute how people are so eager to accept things being forced upon them.

Motor City Hami
Not sure what other cars to try for this? I would like to be able to beat the Lambos at 500PP or below. I also don't want to have to use too much power limiter to make a car fit the PP level. Any suggestions on cars to try?

I haven't had a try at this yet, I'm hoping sometime this weekend, but I think I'll be trying some American muscle (bet you didn't see that one coming :dopey: )

Back