New supercar nostalgia event.

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 156 comments
Changed to the GT40 after finding it a legal drive and cleaned up the first 4 races. However after 2 tries have only managed 3rd at Eifel, 2 secs behind the Miuras, and that's @ 550PP.

Will try another car for the win.

Re Cargo's post. I have young children (singe parent) and live in a rural area where there is always other things to attend to which require my personal attention. I spend far too much time on my backside already playing GT5 and find that the Time Trials and these Seasonal events capture all I need for my weekly/daily GT5 driving fix. Notwithstanding I have also had a few runs on #3 Clean Run Challenge in place of one of the above and have started a couple of 'Lowest PP Challenges' myself, the last of which I remain the World Champion. (Well it's open to the world's best drivers and not a single one of them has posted a win at a lower PP than my own. But I'm sure they all have very good reasons why they haven't posted a time, ha ha)

Changed to the GT40 after finding it a legal drive and cleaned up the first 4 races. However after 2 tries have only managed 3rd at Eifel, 2 secs behind the Miuras, and that's @ 550PP.

Will try another car for the win.

I found the same with the GT40. It was an easy win for the first 4. But it was a challenge on Eifel (I'm by no means a great driver). I found the Mark IV performs better :) (Mark IV won the Eifel for me) Got an average 1:05 per lap. Plenty of room for improvement. I had the race won by the end of the 5th lap :)

Just for a bit of fun too, I used the below car on Laguna just for some fun. Didn't expect to do so well. (Again, by no means a good driver, somebody could probably do better.) I probably lost too much speed around the corners.

But at 240bhp and 620kg, the giulia performed quite nice. The handled was quite nice, and even on sports hard tires, there was no spin. The grip was unbelievable. Tempted to try it on comfort hard :D

I'm just going to go through all these races with all the pre 80s cars I can use. :)

Last edited:
hi use 2j race car
this car can take easy lead in 4th lap and overtake in last lap the end of racers
normal lap 1.03.500

hi use 2j race car
this car can take easy lead in 4th lap and overtake in last lap the end of racers
normal lap 1.03.500

Using the 2J has always been a bit of a 'hack'. Of course you can do it in the 2J. For those who don't remember....before hacking existed we used to have threads ranting about people using the 2J to win TT's. If you didn't have a 2J you had no chance to compete and usually the top 250 places were all 2J's.
Anyway it's a hybrid....of a car and a washing machine :lol:

Using the 2J has always been a bit of a 'hack'. Of course you can do it in the 2J. For those who don't remember....before hacking existed we used to have threads ranting about people using the 2J to win TT's. If you didn't have a 2J you had no chance to compete and usually the top 250 places were all 2J's.

haha. Yep!

Using the 2J/2D/Toyota One/7 etc is just lazy :D
You'd have to be an incompetent monkey to not win in one of them. :)
I've tried about 5 different cars this arvo. 2002 BMW '73 was an interesting race. No where near winning capability. But it was fun. :)

all yesterday i tried with ford gt40 race car 69 and i was still 2-3 sec behind
i dont know how good is miura because i dont have 15 mil now,i will try when i got money for it :)

Eifel was the hardest for me took me loads of trys yesterday to get 3rd took me 2 trys today to win using 550pp Lamborghini countach.

Hi i use the Ford Mk IV with 200 blaster and engine power 78 %, all event very easy, won all with more then 10 sec to 2º place.

Used my Mark 1V and won easily so decided to tried my Miura. This one I could only get to 529PP with the upgrades available at the track (no weight added) and with standard transmission, however it won without much bother, something over $1mil.
Wasn't as fast as the MK 1V, about a second or more per lap slower, but only had one run with it.

My prize car was a Delta HF Integrale Rally car '92. Think I bought one last week to lower the bank balance.

Only tried HSR so far, but those Miuras are really waaay ahead. First try was with a slightly tweaked Shelby Cobra, at 540pp geared to top out at 175mph. Fast and exhilarating but a bit too wild: 3rd place 7 seconds behind pair of Miuras. Maybe a decent tune with less understeer could work. Resorted to detuned Mark IV for the win.

Tried the '54 'Vette @500pp (tune over at Clueless ). Best I could get was fifth . Them Lambos are tough. Next I tried the Super Bee @498pp (tune over at Clueless ), and again just fifth :grumpy:. I was gaining very slowly on them Lambos, just not enough laps (maybe could have them in 10 laps). Last before bed, the Interceptor @500pp (no posted tune). Fastest of the three, finished just off the tail of fourth alot of the time.

Now these cars/tunes may be able to win, but not in the hands of an idiot such as myself :dopey: (G4 next I think :D)

👍 :lol: I was thinking a go-kart and a washing machine. The car sure is ugly, but man is it fast!

Tried the '54 'Vette @500pp (tune over at Clueless ). Best I could get was fifth . Them Lambos are tough. Next I tried the Super Bee @498pp (tune over at Clueless ), and again just fifth :grumpy:. I was gaining very slowly on them Lambos, just not enough laps (maybe could have them in 10 laps). Last before bed, the Interceptor @500pp (no posted tune). Fastest of the three, finished just off the tail of fourth alot of the time.

Now these cars/tunes may be able to win, but not in the hands of an idiot such as myself :dopey: (G4 next I think :D)

I tried the super bee and I lost as well :D The Miuras are good. I'm not even sure I own one. :D

73 Skyline does fairly decent. :)

2J wins easily...200kg blast, Turbo stage-2, 50% engine power 550 PP ....easy win...Tried 520 PP won easily....

HanibalII92
I tried the super bee and I lost as well :D The Miuras are good. I'm not even sure I own one. :D

I'll be trying all the old Skylines at some point I'm sure :)

If I could gift a Miura I'd send ya one (I buy one almost every time max out on credits... eight total :dopey: )

*checks page 1* Dammit, I had no idea race cars were allowed.

One of my level 10 tickets was a Miura. Used a 74 Countach to win at 548pp and a Miura to win on other account at 548pp also.

I only had time to try High Speed Ring last night. I used the '78 Ferrari at 500PP. Had the two rabbit Lambos to chase down and can only get to within a couple of seconds. The tune that I used is from pre 2.08 so it could be faster, but it was loads of fun to drive. It has a nice controllable drift without getting so sideways that you lose time. I will post the tune tonight or tomorrow.

Not sure what other cars to try for this? I would like to be able to beat the Lambos at 500PP or below. I also don't want to have to use too much power limiter to make a car fit the PP level. Any suggestions on cars to try?

Beat them with that Ferrari - set max speed at 300km/h. Stock tune. Beat them by 2s.

Playing with the RM challenger ATM, trying to take out the inherent push.

for eifel

438hp-1275kg-550 pp

Parts:
SH tires
ECU
Sports In. Manifold.
Racing Filter
Sports Ex. Manifold.
Sports Cat.
Racing Exhaust.
Supercharger.
FCT.
TP Clutch.
SR Fly.
Carbon D/S

Full Susp.

Settings.

Susp:
0/0
5.8/6.7
8/3
3/8
1/4
.5/0
-.05/0

LSD:
open

aero
20/20

bb 5/5

ballast
15 kg over rear axle (30)

power level 68.5

Trans:
1 2.734
2 1.922
3 1.426
4 1.114
5 0.917

final 3.055
Top 160 mph

loved driving this. Don't quite have all the push on exit dialed out..., but good for the win.

Last edited:
I just got on and ran through these with a Cobra at 530pp. Fun races so far. This car is so hard to drive. I spin the tires all the way through 3rd if I want :lol:

I just got on and ran through these with a Cobra at 530pp. Fun races so far. This car is so hard to drive. I spin the tires all the way through 3rd if I want :lol:

haha. Yeah, I know the feeling! I detuned a Cobra to 490ish. And I got 3rd place after the miuras. :D It was fun as! Practically drift around every corner, whether you wanted to or not.

This was easy. Win all five events on first try with 2J car.

Dude, don't come on here and say this was an 'easy' even when you're using practically the best car in the game detuned. Use one of the other cars available, and I guarantee you will not find it that easy.

Has anybody won using the '62 Alfa Giulia? I tried it stock on Grand Valley and couldn't get anywhere near the Lambo's, only just caught the Ferrari's!

Countach LP400 '74 with Racing Exhaust, won the first two races. Daytona was much easier than HSR, must have won with a margin of over 10 seconds. 523PP, sport hard tires. A skilled player shouldn't have too much trouble with the car, it's just that I'm not used to SFR, plus Daytona in particular is one of the tracks I fear the most.

Also, chased three Miuras in HSR, while only two in Daytona.

EDIT: Won Laguna Seca by 7 seconds, my time was 7:56.164, ahead of two Miuras.
EDIT: Won GVS by 11 seconds.
EDIT: Aaaaaand... just lost the last race by 0:00.029.

Last edited:
Back