New supercar nostalgia event.

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 156 comments
@ everyone still complaining about SRF and weak AI - For the next seasonal event, I will post it. I will use the opening post to describe the event. Then I will use the second post to copy and paste all of the SRF and AI complaints that have been posted over the last ten events. Just trying to save you all some time.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, but you're starting to sound like whiney six year old girls.

If you don't like what people have to say, then use the report button and let the staff decide if we are out of line. I'm going to keep giving my opinion on these events whether you, or anyone else, likes it or not. So, until I am told by a member of the staff to keep my comments to myself, get used to it.

If you don't like what people have to say, then use the report button and let the staff decide if we are out of line. I'm going to keep giving my opinion on these events whether you, or anyone else, likes it or not. So, until I am told by a member of the staff to keep my comments to myself, get used to it.

This is not about me trying to be a mod. Just like you, I am allowed to share my opinion. Why are you trying to shut down my ability to share my opinion too. You can continue to complain over and over and over about something that isn't going to change but I have the right to mock you when you do it.

This is not about me trying to be a mod. Just like you, I am allowed to share my opinion. Why are you trying to shut down my ability to share my opinion too. You can continue to complain over and over and over about something that isn't going to change but I have the right to mock you when you do it.

Look Hami, we are friends, at least I thought we were. I never mentioned anything this time about you being a mod, I simply stated that if you don't like some of the comments in this thread, or others, report them and the staff will decide if they are relevent or not. And I'm not trying to shut you down. You see, I could go the other way and say that you are being a whiny little girl for whinning about what I post. I'd hate to lose a frienship over something as stupid as this. As long as the SRF is locked on, you're going to have people bitching about it, regardless if PD doesn't do anything about it. Its just a way to vent about the fustration of this aid being locked on, thats all. Its nothing personal toward you or anyone else. Just ignore the comments and move on.

Now, if you would like me to take the short drive to Dearborn so we can hug and make up, I will. :lol: I love you my little Hamster :lol: No ill feelings toward you my friend, really.

This was a good event. I used the Miura at first and won at Daytona and Grand Valley and was 2nd or 3rd in the remaining 3. Used the Jag XJ13 to get the remaining wins

I think the best cars for this would be the really expensive ones.

Like the Lamborghini Miura 15,000,000 cr
or the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car 20,000,000 cr
or the Chaparrals 2D or 2J 12,000,000 and 15,000,000 cr respectively
or the Ford Mk IV or GT40 Race Cars both 20,000,000 cr
or the Ferrari 330 P4 at 20,000,000 cr as well.

But that would be one of the easier options. Possible not so easy options would be the '74 Lamborghini Countach or the Ferrari 512BB, both street cars and more affordable than the Miura, but tuned to 550PP could probably do all races. I wonder what other cars people can use for these.

How did you meet the requirements with the Chap 2J !

Added ballast and lowered power, or bought/drove one with/to get lots of miles and didn't change the oil.

Agree, still bitching, and all the while the Time Trials are still waiting to see their names up front.

I had a few quick races in the Ferrari, exactly as it was in my garage, about 470 or 480 PP and couldn't manage a win. I would have used the GT40 but thought it would be classed as a Race car rather than a Super car.
Glad to hear it can be used.

And the comment about lowering the PP is relevant regarding upping the difficulty level. Sadly most will cut off their nose to spite their faces here rather than take on a low PP challenge.

Oh my little buddy Dalone. Since I'm guessing this post was directed at me, as most of yours are, I gave you an invitation to join the WRS if you want to compete with me. You convienetly skipped over it tho with no response. I don't run these anymore, I am only concentrating on the WRS TT's. This is where I spend my time.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/

You will of course have to take the training wheels of and stop cutting corners but that shouldn't be a problem with someone with your talents.

Seriously tho, you should think about joining if you want to compete with me. You also might learn something along the way.

Not really sure with all this talk about SRF. Hey, at least they are adding things to the game, no?

Anyway, not really sure what to use for the event - I cleared out most of the online dealership just for the 0/0/0 E-Type and the Skyline, and a few others. As I really don't want to use them, I'd like to know what other options everyone else is using.

Look Hami, we are friends...
Now, if you would like me to take the short drive to Dearborn so we can hug and make up, I will. :lol: I love you my little Hamster :lol: No ill feelings toward you my friend, really.
Man love :nervous:
You will of course have to take the training wheels off and stop cutting corners but that shouldn't be a problem with someone with your talents.
Gotcha there Dalone :sly:

11 GTP_Rossi..... +0'00.678
12 GTP_CargoRatt +0'00.696

Gotcha there Mitch :sly:
So did I until you managed to drive it off topic again.
Since when was this thread on topic Iain? :lol:

'little buddy' Dalone. Wow, how superior.

Its an inside joke between him and I. He understands what I mean. Has nothing to do with me being superior. Once again, interpeting things into something their not.

@Clive: Yea, let me get out of this thread and back to the matter at hand. I wouldn't feel too safe with that time, I'm on my way, see ya there.:cheers:

Quote of the Day (and I mean it in good humour!)

Not really sure with all this talk about SRF. Hey, at least they are adding things to the game, no?

Yes sir, they certainly added SRF to the seasonals!

OK something on-topic. I managed the first two with the 512BB. It was a challenge to say the least.

I did the first 4 races in the Premium 69 Vette but was all over the place at Eifel with it.I didn't remember that course anywhere beforehand and I fell behind early and often so I whipped out the Lambo Lp400 and that did the trick.I imagine by that time though course familiarity had something to do with it too.Daytona and LaGuna Seca could be money makers.

I haven't opened the level 10 ticket yet.Would be nice to add another Miura to my collection...:D

Lamborghini Miura 1st 4 races and 2j for Eifel because I couldn't be bothered to try more than once with the Miura. LOL.

I used a 2J to win all 5. Added 200kg of ballast and reduced HP to 369. I won by a mile in all of them and managed to overtake the corvettes and the Interceptors on the Eiffel run. I am going to try the Corvette so I can lower PP and see what can be done.

Look Hami, we are friends, at least I thought we were. I never mentioned anything this time about you being a mod, I simply stated that if you don't like some of the comments in this thread, or others, report them and the staff will decide if they are relevent or not. And I'm not trying to shut you down. You see, I could go the other way and say that you are being a whiny little girl for whinning about what I post. I'd hate to lose a frienship over something as stupid as this. As long as the SRF is locked on, you're going to have people bitching about it, regardless if PD doesn't do anything about it. Its just a way to vent about the fustration of this aid being locked on, thats all. Its nothing personal toward you or anyone else. Just ignore the comments and move on.

Yes, still friends - still have much respect for you. We just sit on different sides of this one issue. I am not a fan of SRF either, but it is what it. GT5 is almost dead now as it is. Look at the limited traffic that is on even this site over the last few months. I'm just trying to enjoy the game that is here for us right now. PD can fix the complaints about SRF with one quick action - stop giving us new seasonal events each week.

To (kind of) compensate for being forced to use SRF, why not use comfort tyres?

Hey, this is a great idea. I'll try it later.

Does anyone know if it works? Is using comforts softs or hards... like having no SRF on?

Anyone tried?

Yes, still friends - still have much respect for you. We just sit on different sides of this one issue. I am not a fan of SRF either, but it is what it. GT5 is almost dead now as it is. Look at the limited traffic that is on even this site over the last few months. I'm just trying to enjoy the game that is here for us right now. PD can fix the complaints about SRF with one quick action - stop giving us new seasonal events each week.

As I do you. We'll just put this behind us and move on. Peace Hami, have a good one.

What tune did you use? :)
Unless it was just stock...
Did this on my GTP_Rossi account. Don't have many cars there (got 'em all on SirAlanClive) so I thought I'd get the cheap option (I think it's 155 000 Cr.). I'd have loved to use a Miura. I love those things but they're a challenge to drive - when you get it right it's a great experience - but 15 million is more than I had on hand.
New Ferrari 512BB - wasn't run-in.
Max buying of stuff...(everything - including rims)
Reduce PP to 550 ('bout 94-ish %)
Transmission top speed 300 kmh for first race 310 kmh for second race and stock (260 I think) for Laguna Seca onwards, otherwise stock ratios. Didn't adjust the fully adjustable susp or the LSD.
BB - forgot to adjust on first race, set it at 5/7 for second race onwards.

Won first race at the line. Led second race from lap 3 - and I didn't even cut the bus-stop at Daytona.

The clue is that the opposition doesn't have the pace I get from upping the top speed. I gained (massively) on the straights. Otherwise the Miuras would have wiped the floor with me.

Don't think I can win Laguna Seca with this though. Left the track so often I went back to the Civic at the WRS TT :lol:

...I am not a fan of SRF either, but it is what it. GT5 is almost dead now as it is. Look at the limited traffic that is on even this site over the last few months. I'm just trying to enjoy the game that is here for us right now. PD can fix the complaints about SRF with one quick action - stop giving us new seasonal events each week.
👍

Last edited:
won all with Muira at 500 pp except eifel 550. High speed ring ,need to draft at 500 to catch 1st group(muiras) .

I made a video for this lot. Used a Cobra in the end, but it wasn't the easiest drive.

I think the best cars for this would be the really expensive ones.

Like the Lamborghini Miura 15,000,000 cr
or the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car 20,000,000 cr
or the Chaparrals 2D or 2J 12,000,000 and 15,000,000 cr respectively
or the Ford Mk IV or GT40 Race Cars both 20,000,000 cr
or the Ferrari 330 P4 at 20,000,000 cr as well.

But that would be one of the easier options. Possible not so easy options would be the '74 Lamborghini Countach or the Ferrari 512BB, both street cars and more affordable than the Miura, but tuned to 550PP could probably do all races. I wonder what other cars people can use for these.

Added ballast and lowered power, or bought/drove one with/to get lots of miles and didn't change the oil.

I'ma gonna use a 72 Skyline :) It's quite a fun car to drive :)

Back