New Tactics or Old Ways

• Thread starter Slash
  • 71 comments
Don't feel bad, I didn't know either lol. Unless someones' online ID resembles a forum name, I don't assume they're from here unless they say so.

Same, some people have PSN names completely different from there GTP names an/or don't post it on there info on the left. So does AWD have even more of an advantage I take it compared to GT5 because how the back end wants to kick out?

And by the way add me on PSN shake 👍

Same, some people have PSN names completely different from there GTP names an/or don't post it on there info on the left. So does AWD have even more of an advantage I take it compared to GT5 because how the back end wants to kick out?

And by the way add me on PSN shake 👍
They have a huge advantage now. I saw a RAM 4x4 destroying classic muscle, and a few 500hp(in GT5) AWDs taking out cars that used to run 9.4-9.5 in GT5. MRs seem uneffected, they can get sideways if you play with the steering, but mostly run solid. My new favorite right now is the '66 GT40 premo, non-RC version. Almost keeps up with the big dog GTs.

They have a huge advantage now. I saw a RAM 4x4 destroying classic muscle, and a few 500hp(in GT5) AWDs taking out cars that used to run 9.4-9.5 in GT5. MRs seem uneffected, they can get sideways if you play with the steering, but mostly run solid. My new favorite right now is the '66 GT40 premo, non-RC version. Almost keeps up with the big dog GTs.

A ram 4x4, realistic haha. This may be a stretch but would softening rear suspension help keep them in a straight line? May slow down a little but if it keeps it straight it may be a little faster.

I love my GTO Twin Turbo, took out some R34's :D

A ram 4x4, realistic haha. This may be a stretch but would softening rear suspension help keep them in a straight line? May slow down a little but if it keeps it straight it may be a little faster.

Finally get to use my steering wheel for something, much easier to keep the big hp cars pointing in the right direction.

its called progressive system where it sprays all the way down the track but you can control how it sprays example 5% at launch 25% by the time you hit 8th mile and then 100% after

its called progressive system where it sprays all the way down the track but you can control how it sprays example 5% at launch 25% by the time you hit 8th mile and then 100% after

How the hell do you do that? It just gives me a bar 0-50%

Even if you can keep the car straight, the problem is traction. The way this game treats FRs now, is like racing softs are the sports sports of GT5. The 440 Cuda literally burns out for half of the 1/4, I can't imagine how bad the Shelby GT350R does.

Even if you can keep the car straight, the problem is traction. The way this game treats FRs now, is like racing softs are the sports sports of GT5. The 440 Cuda literally burns out for half of the 1/4, I can't imagine how bad the Shelby GT350R does.

Yes they are hard to hook up,but the game is more realistic that way,you gotta drive these things now. Any FR vehicle over 600 Hp is never gonna fully hook up under full power,thats the way it should be. Shake,Id say that your tranny tuning methods somewhat transcend from Gt5 to GT6,at least Ive not had any trouble developing trannies that perform,the suspension however is anyones guess,the only elements Ive seen that have any noticeable effect,are the ride height,ballast and toe.Its a wicked game,lacking a few details,but I like it.

Problem with tranny tuning now is just remember the default settings while trying different flip points . You need to reset the final to the default and the put the top speed slider back manually. There's no default or reset tab. When you move the top speed slider back the gear ratios get reset but not the final.

Also be careful entering the trans setting menu, I've had my ratios get screwed up mysteriously...take pictures.

Last edited:
Problem with tranny tuning now is just remember the default settings while trying different flip points . You need to reset the final to the default and the put the top speed slider back manually. There's no default or reset tab. When you move the top speed slider back the gear ratios get reset but not the final.

Also be careful entering the trans setting menu, I've had my ratios get screwed up mysteriously...take pictures.

You can just switch to the stock tranny, then back to the custom one, and it will reset to default.

I notice this yesterday, but I was just doing circuit time trial so it didn't matter, thanks for the heads up cause I didn't think nothing about it...

That's if you launch cars like you used to do in GT5. Now instead of just doing 1-2-3 qs's, do a 1-2 and bounce it off the limiter until it stops spinning, then you'll hit third and hook up 👍

Yes they are hard to hook up,but the game is more realistic that way,you gotta drive these things now. Any FR vehicle over 600 Hp is never gonna fully hook up under full power,thats the way it should be. Shake,Id say that your tranny tuning methods somewhat transcend from Gt5 to GT6,at least Ive not had any trouble developing trannies that perform,the suspension however is anyones guess,the only elements Ive seen that have any noticeable effect,are the ride height,ballast and toe.Its a wicked game,lacking a few details,but I like it.

i agree with wood idk what all these ppl are saying about fish tailing i mean yea the game is waay more realistic and yes its easy to fish tail but since i got the game i dragged online about a good 70 time and only fish tailed once(because i was on yellow) otherwise i have no problem

i agree with wood idk what all these ppl are saying about fish tailing i mean yea the game is waay more realistic and yes its easy to fish tail but since i got the game i dragged online about a good 70 time and only fish tailed once(because i was on yellow) otherwise i have no problem

I think it adds one more element of skill required to make a clean run. One more thing to go wrong to make it interesting

When you start tuning the cars that make horsepower in the low RPMs, and stretch the transmission to accommodate this, you'll notice more pronounced fishtailing than with normal, high-RPM cars. Sometimes it's control-able with a proper launch technique, as Harry has said, but sometimes its inevitable regardless of tune or proper shifting.

I've come to the conclusion that my specific problem is using the E-brake on the left stick, which slightly turns the wheels as soon as the brakes are released. This small amount of steering direction is enough to cause oversteer during launch, as some would call it "torque steer" or "power drift". Unfortunately, this is where I prefer it to be - so I will have to learn to discipline my thumb to hold it as close to dead-center as possible.

When you start tuning the cars that make horsepower in the low RPMs, and stretch the transmission to accommodate this, you'll notice more pronounced fishtailing than with normal, high-RPM cars. Sometimes it's control-able with a proper launch technique, as Harry has said, but sometimes its inevitable regardless of tune or proper shifting.

I've come to the conclusion that my specific problem is using the E-brake on the left stick, which slightly turns the wheels as soon as the brakes are released. This small amount of steering direction is enough to cause oversteer during launch, as some would call it "torque steer" or "power drift". Unfortunately, this is where I prefer it to be - so I will have to learn to discipline my thumb to hold it as close to dead-center as possible.

well about making power at low rpm all the cars i have at the moment are muscle cars :D

How the hell do you do that? It just gives me a bar 0-50%
no lol im talking real life... people were saying its not cool that you can spray nos all the way down the track but its a real life thing so why not on here... i was in a room and we were runnin nos or motor your choice but when the nos runs out theres a big chance you wasted yours and now you might be in for a surprise your next opponent.

no lol im talking real life... people were saying its not cool that you can spray nos all the way down the track but its a real life thing so why not on here... i was in a room and we were runnin nos or motor your choice but when the nos runs out theres a big chance you wasted yours and now you might be in for a surprise your next opponent.
and my question to you is, will NOS get resetted in the pits or you have to exit the room like to change cars? Can you tell I haven't been online yet.

So what is everyone running online, I finally have cash to buy and tune, muhahaha, I've been wanting to drag online since I unlock the feature but had no cash to buy till yesterday. I already have the anniversary cars and picked up Spec v and the BE and a Supra... What else guys???

Of course I have my Honda collection as well...

So what is everyone running online, I finally have cash to buy and tune, muhahaha, I've been wanting to drag online since I unlock the feature but had no cash to buy till yesterday. I already have the anniversary cars and picked up Spec v and the BE and a Supra... What else guys???

Of course I have my Honda collection as well...

I've noticed that most people are running american muscle, supra and rx7 and the occasional random car, i haven't seen many GTR's vipers, I've seen some but not alot

I've noticed that most people are running american muscle, supra and rx7 and the occasional random car, i haven't seen many GTR's vipers, I've seen some but not alot

I've been watching my friend play it since I can't at the moment and all I see is GT-R's and GT500 Mustangs most of the time, CTR2's seem to be getting more popular along with ZZII's and Aventador's. So basically all 4WD and high powered cars is what I'm seeing so far, I hope it changes when I get on or drag will be pretty boring for me, I'm not really into the high powered cars anymore, to easy to tune in my honest opinion.

Back