• Thread starter Slash
  • 71 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
So has anyone been able to confirm what old tricks from GT5 carry over and what changed that needs a full writeup on how to tune?

So has anyone been able to confirm what old tricks from GT5 carry over and what changed that needs a full writeup on how to tune?
Well I'm not sure if this might help but I found that a few old transmission tunes worked but I've only tried it for my drift cars. I'll try and find out if old flips work for GT6 some time soon plus I need to burn through my 20 million credits ;)

I did try a flip similar to GT5 on the R34 with the same 797hp and it kind of worked but then using full 955hp and LORDY LORD!!! O_o

When more people get on and start tuning a lot more cars we will find out.

Now, a lot of guys are just transferring gt5 tuning methods

Anything different? I had to incorporate a nitrous button. so at times you need to accelerate, hold the nitrous button, release handbrake, shift gears and steer simultaneously

I'd say forget all you've learned from GT5. I've seen cars that run with opposite ride heights, opposite spring rates even opposite toe. GT6 is completely different. Only thing that carry's over is maybe tranny tuning.
Lmao why is anyone in there right mind using gt5 ways? ??

^^^^ yes however that wouldn't be smart.... Also alot of people are taking out nitrous in the settings for the room.

It'll last an entire 1/4 mile. But i think its use will be frowned upon like SRF.

Nahh

Nitrous is used A LOT in real drag racing

So if the game had drag slicks, would that be frowned upon as well?

Its just another modification, available to everyone, that can be used to make the cars faster

Just tune for it

My goal is to always have 2 tunes per car, all motor/boost and another with nitrous

At least in the 3k/tunnel, its almost a 1 gear/20+ mile per hour difference

Nitrous will also make for great race matchups

Imagine an evo or wrx spraying running vs all motor corvettes, vipers, supras.

With some cars in the 3K, nitrous wont last the whole way, so each person can set how much or when they want to spray.

Nahh

Nitrous is used A LOT in real drag racing

So if the game had drag slicks, would that be frowned upon as well?

Its just another modification, available to everyone, that can be used to make the cars faster

Just tune for it

My goal is to always have 2 tunes per car, all motor/boost and another with nitrous

At least in the 3k/tunnel, its almost a 1 gear/20+ mile per hour difference

Nitrous will also make for great race matchups

Imagine an evo or wrx spraying running vs all motor corvettes, vipers, supras.

With some cars in the 3K, nitrous wont last the whole way, so each person can set how much or when they want to spray.

The problem is it lasts the whole way and its an insane amount of HP. In drag racing nitrous doesn't last the whole way. I would run my rooms no spray. But evo's vs all motor is a good idea.

The problem is it lasts the whole way and its an insane amount of HP. In drag racing nitrous doesn't last the whole way.

It can. Its up to you if you can even spray at launch but there is definitely enough in a bottle (or 2) to run the whole 1/4 mile.

I already see certain people frowning upon nitrous but it is what it is, cant please everyone.

Like I said, just tune for both. The game is new, there are a lot to keep us busy and make the game fun, and different.

Just tuning the past 2 days, I've noticed that the traction on this game has been changed since GT5. Most RWD on Indy will want to fish-tail, unless set up properly or using ballast. Some of them to the point where they aren't nearly as good as they were on GT5. This is very upsetting.

Yup, a lot of fish tailing or tq steer. Some cars are hard to control.

Especially if you spray, some you cant spray until you hit the 2nd gear

I just noticed this but the grip threshold seems progressive enough to actually launch with traction, I'm getting some better mph's at the quarter mile but it's still just a hunch. With all the fishtailing I can't see the old tuning working unless someone gets creative.

Im laughing to my self at some of the posts I've read already.
I would like to post this multiple times but I'll post it here.

Its funny how we complained the Hp levels are to low. So they up the HP and what do we do complain about wheelspin.
Some people said NOS is used in Drag Racing, they give us NOS what do we do complain that its unfair.
If you cant afford it dont complain cause if that theres a thread on how to make 20mill. Takes about 10-15 minutes but alot cheaper then buying credits like a stupid phone game.
What is it $50 for 5mill boy stop!

Seriously people there is no pleasing yall is there.

You join my lobby NOS is welcome!

I ran somebody last night in a Honda fit. It was actually kinda fast. I think it was coconuts4_rce it was 2am here.

And its actually 7million credits for $50 "platinum"

I ran somebody last night in a Honda fit. It was actually kinda fast. I think it was coconuts4_rce it was 2am here.

They charging us 99 NZ dollars just for 7.5 million GT6 credits. shocking.

Oh okay was not 100% sure as I do not have the game yet. Stuck with gt5 :( I should be getting it after Christmas stuff is all done. I will be ready to get treed!

How much is that king?

Last edited:

I was just running him a half hour ago, he's got solid tunes on almost everything he's brought out. It's shocking how many people have an arsenal of drag cars tuned already but, then again, I got into the game 4 days late so I'm struggling to keep up.

Without a definitive way to prove or disprove the old transmission tuning methods, I can't really change the guide without guesstimations and people wouldn't feel confident while reading what I was saying. So for now, you can assume atleast the tranny flip & stretch methods are similar to GT5. As for the suspension, that's a whole different animal now.

I was just running him a half hour ago, he's got solid tunes on almost everything he's brought out. It's shocking how many people have an arsenal of drag cars tuned already but, then again, I got into the game 4 days late so I'm struggling to keep up.

Without a definitive way to prove or disprove the old transmission tuning methods, I can't really change the guide without guesstimations and people wouldn't feel confident while reading what I was saying. So for now, you can assume atleast the tranny flip & stretch methods are similar to GT5. As for the suspension, that's a whole different animal now.
On the same boat my friend don't think I'll have the time to get into the game till after Christmas, working 12-15:30 hour shift over Xmas :( sucks balls haha

O.G
Ermm.. you ran kingking if you didn't know... that's his PSN.
Unless I missed the sarcasm, I would have thought you knew.
My I feel dumb. Even in GT5 I didnt know its him. He never said he was king, or I didnt pay attention/remember. o.O

Back