New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,051 views
You use that curb in real life, it's flat and part of the racing line.

Not the curbing on the right side of the road, he is talking about on the left at exactly 2:14 into the first video he posted in his complaint, there is a paved section there, but in GT5 it is missing. It is in no way part of any driving line I've seen on the Nür, unless you don't like your car and subsequently your own well being.
 
Added the new Viper ACR video in the first post.
 
Added the new Viper ACR video in the first post.

sense of speed and that "oh ****!" factor is much better now :)
AI didn't look that slow
 
Added the new Viper ACR video in the first post.

Great video. Appears to have a more realistic "sense of speed". Everything looks great. AI doesn't look as robotic and programmed as it has in the past. Never been a huge fan of Vipers but after watching a few videos of that ACR it's really growing on me.
 
The Viper spun out the Corvette much easier than previous GT versions. Before it was really hard to spin out the AI. They could always spin you easy though.
 
Great video. Appears to have a more realistic "sense of speed". Everything looks great. AI doesn't look as robotic and programmed as it has in the past. Never been a huge fan of Vipers but after watching a few videos of that ACR it's really growing on me.

I hate that cockpit. Looks TINY. The steering wheel looks massive and takes up half the screen.
 
I hate that cockpit. Looks TINY. The steering wheel looks massive and takes up half the screen.
Looking stunning as always, but I'd have to agree regarding the cockpit. In fact, it's how I feel about almost all cockpit views (regardless of game) - always look cramped and restricted, purely because there is no peripheral vision and the cmera placement is not necessarily where I would like it. There are a few exceptions, but overall, hood cam FTW! ;)
 
that's why you need three PS3s, 3 GT5s, and 3 Monitors for some cockpit love :D
 
That Viper vid is great but why didn´t he show us Gallardo? I thought it was playable
 
that's why you need three PS3s, 3 GT5s, and 3 Monitors for some cockpit love :D
Nah, the frames of the displays breaking up the image would get on my nerves! Now, a large curved display would be a whole different ball-game, sat right at the focal point! For now, I'm more than happy with being a hoody :lol:
 
I hate that cockpit. Looks TINY. The steering wheel looks massive and takes up half the screen.

I do agree about the steering wheel being rather huge and I'm not a fan of white gauges, but apart from that I still think the car looks cool on the outside and the gear knob looks nice and easy to reach (not that that matters in a video game but still). Also would be a good test course car. If you could put about 800 horsepower in it, tune it for test course you'd have a pretty good car.
 
Feels like lapping the track in a bunker.:p

At least they've fixed the position in VIper from Prologue.

Have spent some time to drive current 20 laps N3 Viper on HSR and you just can't drive from cockpit because you do not see the apexes and curbs because of low-seating.

If it would be as in this Nurb video, it would be perfect.

Nice to see the change've been made 👍
 
At least they've fixed the position in VIper from Prologue.

Have spent some time to drive current 20 laps N3 Viper on HSR and you just can't drive from cockpit because you do not see the apexes and curbs because of low-seating.

If it would be as in this Nurb video, it would be perfect.

Nice to see the change've been made 👍

I don't have problem to drive Viper SRT10 in Prologue from cockpit!!! But I use R3 tires...
 
Well have a look at this V8 Supercar crash compilation, not one crash had sparks flying except for one which appeared to have parts of the under carriage or brake rotors grinding on the bitumen.


Crash sparks like that are far from realistic.


Man its like watching Gran Turismo online.
 
I don't have problem to drive Viper SRT10 in Prologue from cockpit!!! But I use R3 tires...

Is is not matter of tyres, but amtter of visibility on High Speed Ring.

You will not have problems on other tracks, because there are no sloped banks.

But HSR is unique because of sloped bank on the main straight and first speed-turn, where low seating position and limited FOW because of sticker do not allow you to see the propper entrance point on the apex.

New POW - as seen in this new video - would probably make it better.

And usage of R tyres in Gran Turismo... Why on Earth would you use R tyres for anything? :)
 
And it looks like they fixed the 'shadow tearing' from GT5p too. That is one reason why I do not bother driving the Viper on GT5p.
 
I have noticed in all of the newer Dodge Viper cars in the game, the wheel seems to be a little too high in first person view? It seems as though it will obstruct your view of vision and I don't even think the wheel is supposed to be that high anyway or is it?
 
Actually the viewing position in the viper is pretty close to reality, what's with you guys and not seeing apexes anyway? When you drive your car your mind automatically begins to calculate and compensate for the view. Driving from the cockpit view in GT5 P has definitely afforded me a closer sense of where the car is in relative position to the road, it's not the perfect view but it's much better than what is tossed in last moment in FM3.
Now as long as they allow you to independently adjust the fore and aft, along with elevation we should be in business. also keep the looking around the cabin analog, FM3 does this digital swap thing that is jarring to say it politely and to look around analog you have to click the camera stick in while moving it, wtf? while racing, who though that crap up? What would be intuitive is when you press the rear view while in cockpit, your main view should smoothly focus on the rear view mirror and zoom it a tad while slightly focus shifting the rest of the view out. If that could be done to where it doesn't disorient you while driving that would be interesting, proper testing is needed. lol.

These videos are definitely looking sweeter, the Nürburgring is looking much closer to it's real life counterpart, the scale looks awesome in the latest ACR cockpit video and it doesn't look sterile, hope the tress blow in the wind to add a little more ambiance. Sense of speed looks fine, so hard to hear in the videos no idea what the cars sound like nor the wind noise and road noise. Another note, how on earth everywhere else but the US GT5 gets shown off in a more complete for, then at E3 it will show up at some overcrowded event and no one can get any good tidbits on it.
 


I do agree about the steering wheel being rather huge and I'm not a fan of white gauges, but apart from that I still think the car looks cool on the outside and the gear knob looks nice and easy to reach (not that that matters in a video game but still). Also would be a good test course car. If you could put about 800 horsepower in it, tune it for test course you'd have a pretty good car.
I hate the viper!I really think it is the most overrated auto off the supercars!!to much heavy,bad acceleration,oversteer......👎
 
I hate the viper!I really think it is the most overrated auto off the supercars!!to much heavy,bad acceleration,oversteer......👎

It goes in a straight line and when it gets to corners it goes sideways. It suffers from Americas obsession with with 'everything must be big'.

Power figures aren't that great either. I have a 2.0litre Japanese car with 82hp per litre where the Viper only has 60. And my car is 20 years old with no mods.
 
And usage of R tyres in Gran Turismo... Why on Earth would you use R tyres for anything? :)
Rrrracing, maybe? Just a thought. ;)
 
I hate the viper!I really think it is the most overrated auto off the supercars!!to much heavy,bad acceleration,oversteer......👎

You are sorely mistaken, the Viper ACR is a monster of a car, it also has a pretty fast time for a road going vehicle on the Nürburgring, Nordschliefe. Weighing in at about 3,060 lbs, pushing 600hp and limited nannies, this is a pretty sweet ride. As for the other guy who thinks it can't turn, you need to look at that Nordschliefe time. The Viper and Corvette and S7 are American auto that give european super cars a lot to worry about on the track, two of them are much more affordable than any European super car in their class. The S7 is one of the best, but lesser known US made super cars are out there like the Joss for starters, what a mean machine that it and it turns more than corners.
 
Looking stunning as always, but I'd have to agree regarding the cockpit. In fact, it's how I feel about almost all cockpit views (regardless of game) - always look cramped and restricted, purely because there is no peripheral vision and the cmera placement is not necessarily where I would like it. There are a few exceptions, but overall, hood cam FTW! ;)
I very much like the cockpit view in Prologue. IMO Prologue, along with Test Drive Unlimited and Ferrari Challenge, has the best cockpit view available. 👍 I just hate how in many games that have in-car view you either can't even see the gauges because the interior is so dark (e.g. PGR4), or the view is so close to the dashboard it's disorienting (e.g. Forza 3). Well, different strokes for different folks. ;)

Speaking of TDU, that game also had the nice oprion of being able to adjust the position of the in-car view, something that I would like to see in GT5 as well.

The S7 is one of the best, but lesser known US made super cars are out there like the Joss for starters, what a mean machine that it and it turns more than corners.
The Joss supercar project (if that is what you are referring to) is from Australia. :p
 
Last edited:
Back