News from Sema

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 758 comments
Why would they work on another game when they don't know the spec of the console its going to play on ? Yes they will have itemsleft over from gt5 they will use in gt6 but thats it (kaz himself said this) truth is we are at least 3 yrs away from the ps4.

I'm more than positive GT6 will be on the PS3, because Kaz has said in an interview that they are already working on GT6.

hopefully we find out in the coming days how long its been Gold and a release date. Still pretty s****y Sony hasnt given us any info.

That makes most sense, I was predicting Nov 26th, 3rd is the week after so i'll be happy with either :)

Yep 26th November is certainly possible.

Im convinced it will be either of these dates because its perfect timing for xmas especially with regards to sales of the actual PS3 consoles. The thing is many people are skint at the moment and being extra careful with their money. However the weekends of 26th Nov, 3rd Dec are probably the only weekends when people will throw caution to the wind and spend via their credit cards. I can see a huge number of PS3 consoles being sold if GT5 is released during these dates.

Now GT5 is finished I wonder when reviews will appear?

Let's just hope the release date is Kaz's next big announcement tomorrow.

I'm very happy and will enjoy everyday at work as they will make the time go by faster and will hate work everyday after the release as I won't be able to play.

Have to say I jumped with joy when I read the homepage.

Now apologies if this has already been asked because I haven't had time to read this thread. Am I right in saying that when it comes to production it isn't one location that produces all the copies. So im sure the US copies are produced in the US, UK in the UK etc..

I get the impression that disc production is region-based. For example, a few of our American members have commented on the latest news (on the SEMA interview 2/11/2010), describing how their games all seem to be made in Mexico. My dics (and I'm in the UK) seem to be from Austria, and for distribution across Europe, Oceania, the Middle East and Africa. Indeed, during my time in the Middle East, most legal games I encountered (some of which I bought) were also made in Austria.

I'm hoping for a release somewhere between Nov. 30 and Dec. 14. I'm thinking there is a good chance it may be released sometime in there.

Credit to ADTR in the GT5 Delayed thread.

http://www.sonydadc.com/opencms/opencms/sites/sony/global_capabilities.html

Edit: There is a map on this page which may be showing the actual locations.

http://www.sonydadc.com/opencms/opencms/sites/sony/index.html

Hm, good find; although 1,800,000 discs is a big number, it doesn't actually sound like many to produce in one year; perhaps I read that incorrectly, or that SONY reserves that number for customers, whereas a much larger number is for in-house projects. It could also be that SONY outsource...

Hm, good find; although 1,800,000 discs is a big number, it doesn't actually sound like many to produce in one year; perhaps I read that incorrectly, or that SONY reserves that number for customers, whereas a much larger number is for in-house projects. It could also be that SONY outsource...

Add 3 more 0's :)

Add 3 more 0's :)
Exactly, it says billion not million. Almost 5,000,000 discs per day that is, and around 140,000 per day and facility! So although GT5 is far from the only product they're producing it shouldn't take very long to make millions of copies of the game.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I have seen games go from Gold Announcement to shelf in 2-3 weeks (whether or not the Gold Announcement was "held off" for a bit though is beyond me).

I work at Best Buy and will update this thread as soon as I see product in transit to our store as well as "DC on hand" go from zero to some number.

I would give about 4 weeks to be safe. When I got my early copy of FM3 it arrived alittle under 4 weeks before the game came out. Depending on how long they have actually been printing them it could be sooner than 4. Iam hoping Dec. 7th at the most.

140,000 a day for a facility does not sound impressive to me.. There are factories in poultry that process 250k chickens a day.. I had expected one BR-factory to produce between 500,000 and 1,000,000 BR's a day..

So can we assume that reviewers already have a review copy? Or does the review copy only distributed after all the discs have been stamped?

So can we assume that reviewers already have a review copy? Or does the review copy only distributed after all the discs have been stamped?

I am sure we will get atleast a hint from Amar when he has word review copies have been sent out.

This something I don't know about, but if I were to guess the review copies should be out or close to coming out. For all I know I could be wrong and they are not close to coming out.:dopey:

I do know that for FM3 review copies were out around the 4 week period before the release date. Its different since this is Sony and GT5, so I wouldnt take it to seriously.

Last edited:
Back