News from Sema

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 758 comments
It's just that sites are looking at the retailer release dates. It's mind boggling that they don't understand the concept of placeholder dates.

They do, but if they used that knowledge they wouldn't have stories to run. They know we know the dates are not correct, but here we are going to their sites giving them traffic, then arguing about it here and making others go there to see what the fuss is about.

They do, but if they used that knowledge they wouldn't have stories to run. They know we know the dates are not correct, but here we are going to their sites giving them traffic, then arguing about it here and making others go there to see what the fuss is about.
Tactical geniuses.

Is there any proof he actually said this? I refuse to read some article about this game and believe anything. Really couldnt care less about any news until I see it sitting on a shelf.

Is there any proof he actually said this? I refuse to read some article about this game and believe anything. Really couldnt care less about any news until I see it sitting on a shelf.

Well, I was about to show you proof, but then you said you "couldn't care less about any news until I see it sitting on a shelf."

Plus, it's in an article and you "refuse to read some article about this game."

damn

Isn't Jalopnik backed by Forza? Wasn't there a Jalopnik Forza car pack? Can we really trust a site so closely associated with Gran Turismo's competitor?

http://jalopnik.com/5455862/jalopnik-forza-motorsport-3-partner-on-two-new-car-packs

500x_-1.jpg

Well, I was about to show you proof, but then you said you "couldn't care less about any news until I see it sitting on a shelf."

Plus, it's in an article and you "refuse to read some article about this game."

damn

With all the delays and hemming and hawwing, it's 110% reasonable that people won't believe GT5 is out until the game is physically on the shelf...

With all the delays and hemming and hawwing, it's 110% reasonable that people won't believe GT5 is out until the game is physically on the shelf...

I understand that some people will be skeptical about a release date. Heck, I will be too.

But, this is Kaz talking about something that is going on Right Now. That is different.

Don't confuse incompetency with purposeful deceit. They are not the same thing. Even if they can produce similar results.

Yes they are or were with Forza for the car pack. Actually there was to be 2 but the second one got delayed, imagion that and it's not even Sony :sly:

They promised it by the end of summer then they were dead silent for weeks to the point that the Forza crowd was about to riot. Finnaly they said that it would be released but apparently not until after the Ultimate collection.

as much marketing and exposure they have had since the delay from this past March, they can do a commercial 7 days before release and still be okay. everyone and their momma who likes racing games have probably had their eye on this game. once its out the game will speak for itself. its the newcomers and forza converters they have to get extra sales from.

You've got a great point. Just curious as to whether PD/Sony would aim the product at a larger audience through TV, including the biggest gamers these days, teenagers. Then again, unlike Forza, the game probably isn't suited well to younger players. I'd still expect to see those model-happy idiots over on G4 going on with at least a preview of the game sometime soon, if the release date is close, that is.

FLIGHT50
true. but at this point, a demo is unacceptable. its time to go full blown gt5. we had our demo with prologue.

Couldn't agree more 👍

So now that Kaz and his team dont need to rush around, they could put the playable demo onto PSN!! Crack on guys

Or just make the BB demo public so we dont have to hold filthy controllers at filthy BB kiosks (that dont even have the game in Canada anyways XD).

It would help speed up the time till the launch and it has already made it just needs to be slapped onto PSN.

hopefully they'll announce the release date tomorrow, or at least re-assure the production status of the game. I'm sure Kaz will be bombarded by the press/media tomorrow, and someone is bound to ask him anyway.

If what Jalopnik claimed is true, then there's a chance that the disc has already been in production for maybe a week(s) (or a couple days ago). It might explain why LBP2 is rumored to be delayed as Sony might have decided to pushed LBP2's production slot back for room for GT5.

Have to say I jumped with joy when I read the homepage.

Now apologies if this has already been asked because I haven't had time to read this thread. Am I right in saying that when it comes to production it isn't one location that produces all the copies. So im sure the US copies are produced in the US, UK in the UK etc..

There was a discussion somewhere (I think in the GT5 Delayed Thread) that talked about the different production locations. But yea they are strategically placed around the world.

No, they have already started working on Gran Turismo 6 using GT5 as a basis.

Why would they work on another game when they don't know the spec of the console its going to play on ? Yes they will have itemsleft over from gt5 they will use in gt6 but thats it (kaz himself said this) truth is we are at least 3 yrs away from the ps4.

Why would they work on another game when they don't know the spec of the console its going to play on ? Yes they will have itemsleft over from gt5 they will use in gt6 but thats it (kaz himself said this) truth is we are at least 3 yrs away from the ps4.
GT6 is likely to be released on the PS3. As stated they have already begun work on GT6. As this is likely to use many of the assets from GT5 the development won't be nearly as long. I wouldn't be surprised if we see GT6 around 2013. Very much doubt the PS4 will be launched until 2015.

However in saying this im just happy GT5 is going to be launched before Xmas and couldn't careless about GT6 at the moment. Im still going for Dec 3rd for the UK as its a Friday and coincides with peak xmas shopping period.

GT6 is likely to be released on the PS3. As stated they have already begun work on GT6. As this is likely to use many of the assets from GT5 the development won't be nearly as long. I wouldn't be surprised if we see GT6 around 2013. Very much doubt the PS4 will be launched until 2015.

However in saying this im just happy GT5 is going to be launched before Xmas and couldn't careless about GT6 at the moment. Im still going for Dec 3rd for the UK as its a Friday and coincides with peak xmas shopping period.

That makes most sense, I was predicting Nov 26th, 3rd is the week after so i'll be happy with either :)

Back