Next DLC

• Thread starter symo63
  • 104 comments
Sorry I don't agree with that at all. My TX with the GTE wheel works much better with FM5 than any experience I had with FM4 or GT5 with my Fanatec GT2

I'm not comparing it to FM4, to be honest I never played FM4 with a wheel. I'm comparing it to GT5 and GT6 on consoles, and Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car Extreme, iRacing, rFactor 2, GTR2 on PC. If you have played any or most of those, you would know right away how bad FM5 feels.

I'm not comparing it to FM4, to be honest I never played FM4 with a wheel. I'm comparing it to GT5 and GT6 on consoles, and Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car Extreme, iRacing, rFactor 2, GTR2 on PC. If you have played any or most of those, you would know right away how bad FM5 feels.

My only reference from the ones you mentioned are the GTs. And IMO FM5 has a superior wheel feel. Maybe it's my settings/setup...

Not likely, its just what you've gotten used to. Its awful but if its all you've really played, it just becomes normal. Its no fault of the TX wheel, the wheel itself is awesome on PC racing sims. Its strictly FM5's FFB that is garbage.

Not likely, its just what you've gotten used to. Its awful but if its all you've really played, it just becomes normal. Its no fault of the TX wheel, the wheel itself is awesome on PC racing sims. Its strictly FM5's FFB that is garbage.

Can you be a little more specific about what you don't like? I'm thinking of getting a wheel someday, but am keen on understanding how well the game replicates real world steering forces.

Do all the cars feel the same, or do cars with OEM electric steering, hydraulic steering, or recirculating ball all feel different (as they do IRL)? Does adjusting caster change steering loads at speed? Does the game model the change in neutral point during drifting/oversteering?

Just a few questions to get you started, but truly interested in the specifics that you don't like. Others welcome to weigh in as well...

Can you be a little more specific about what you don't like? I'm thinking of getting a wheel someday, but am keen on understanding how well the game replicates real world steering forces.

Do all the cars feel the same, or do cars with OEM electric steering, hydraulic steering, or recirculating ball all feel different (as they do IRL)? Does adjusting caster change steering loads at speed? Does the game model the change in neutral point during drifting/oversteering?

Just a few questions to get you started, but truly interested in the specifics that you don't like. Others welcome to weigh in as well...

All cars don't feel the same but I wouldn't say there's a huge variety either compared to some of the top notch PC sims. You can certainly tell the difference though between AWD, FWD, and RWD, weight of vehicle, and the improvements that come with better tires and slicks.

I have two major complaints with the FFB though, the first is a distinct lack of FFB around center. It feels completely lifeless until you turn the wheel about 30-40 degrees in either direction which for me often feels like I'm trying to oversteer the car because I don't get any feedback until I've turned the wheel too far at which point, I've found that I've already started losing rear traction and trying to correct a potential slide. It feels very disconnected because of this if you leave the wheel around center and try to make small steering adjustments.

The second complaint is that when you turn, the FFB often feels like its pulling you in the opposite direction, it feels very counter-intuitive compared to EVERY other racing sim on the market. I don't want to say that the FFB is reversed but it certainly feels like they're trying to convey something to you through FFB but it just doesn't feel natural or correct.

You will hear people say the FFB is fine in FM5 but that's either lack of experience with other sims talking or they've simply gotten used to the bizarre FFB and played for so long that it feels normal. I would love to believe that FM5 got the FFB right, but considering it feels completely different, almost backwards from most other sims, I have to say they got it wrong. I do appreciate the vibration setting though, its a nice touch to the FFB, I admit that.

Last edited:

Not a big fan of the youtuber himself (much better forza youtubers out there) but that atleast confirms they are coming to Forza 5 at some point, maybe an August/September car pack? With Monza maybe? ;)

It confirms nothing; I have the exact excerpt in front of me, and while it could be construed as such, it's a lot easier to see it as wishful thinking / hoping on Evo's part for the supercars, and further confirmation that at some point, the Clio will pop up in the Forza series (my bet is on FH2).

I think it's more a clue to the Speciale showing up in FH2. We already know the Huracan will debut there & the Clio has been confirmed a couple times already with signs pointing to FH2 as well. That's 2 for 3 cars we know are on their way to the series, so I don't see how they just so happened to throw in the Speciale as just another car they're "looking forward to being made" without some insider knowledge.

That and T10 is obviously getting close in bed to Ferrari since the release. :P

One thing I do hope, given this generation's increase in disc capacity versus the last one, is that they don't continue the best-only approach to models. Don't give us the 458 Speciale just to drop the regular Italia; give us both! I get the feeling I'll never get to enjoy an Evora S again, because the Exige S is so similar these days. And if we're going to have a '13 GT500, toss the Boss 302 in as well. Not everybody wants just the most expensive, most powerful model of a particular car.

One thing I do hope, given this generation's increase in disc capacity versus the last one, is that they don't continue the best-only approach to models. Don't give us the 458 Speciale just to drop the regular Italia; give us both! I get the feeling I'll never get to enjoy an Evora S again, because the Exige S is so similar these days. And if we're going to have a '13 GT500, toss the Boss 302 in as well. Not everybody wants just the most expensive, most powerful model of a particular car.
I hoping fm6 will be like what gt4 was to gt3, the return of loads of the cars that'd isn't make it the last time round.

They really ought to sort it so that you pick the model first, and then trim/version. With the system they've built for various upgrades/parts and the ability to swap bumpers and whatnot, I see no reason why it couldn't be done. All top-spec cars all the time is so boring and limiting.

I recall Dan saying that they don't plan on introducing lesser models, which is a bummer.

I recall Dan saying that they don't plan on introducing lesser models, which is a bummer.

Indeed. It's a huge disservice to some model lines, too; Chevy alone is lacking quite a bit of representation if the C6 ZR1 is the only representation for that generation, or even worse (and more contemporary now), The ZL1 being the only option compared to having the really-quite-different Z/28. What, did they just finally introduce the C7 as DLC now, only to have it disappear with only the C7 Z06 in FM6?

It seems silly to me, as it not only represents a relatively small investment over adding an entirely new car, but covers the bases for the fans of that particular model. It's not like a Camaro SS, a ZL1, and a Z/28 could be remotely referred to as duplicates, either.

What makes them "duplicates" is how these games (GT/Forza/etc) typically classify each one as a separate car -- the UI clumsily requires you to scroll past all of them, and they're counted on the back of the box. If the UI went something like:

>Chevrolet
>Camaro [Zeta]
>SS
>Z/28
>ZL1
...and they didn't use every model to boast about how many cars are in the game (as if that would happen), I think there would be few complaints about it.

I'd love to see a game take a more holistic approach to their car list like that, @Wolfe. It'd be a brave move, since it'd fly in the face of the multi-hundreds count GT and Forza have almost made standard in the genre these days, but I imagine there'd be a lot of appeal in a more dealership-focused approach. Sure, considering interiors are modeled, there'd be a lot more work involved on something like the Camaro, given the difference in trim between something like the base V6 and the Z/28, but it'd be very cool to be able to pick things like interior colours instead of having them forced on us.

I still wouldn't look at those three Camaros as duplicates though; duplicates to me are things like the endless region-specific Miatas in GT, where there really is no discernible difference. Or near-duplicates, like two different years of otherwise identical cars (Suzuki Swift / Pagani Huayra / FD RX-7's / etc etc).

I did consider the question of interior trim, but in essence it would be just one other thing to swap like bumpers/hoods/spoilers/etc.

I think the level of detail in these games is excessive as it is, so it's simply unfortunate that they've cornered themselves on the amount of work involved.

I wish there would be more of the lower trim levels not because I need the variety, but because the trend for putting high-spec cars in means the class of the average car gets shifted upward. I like the Ariel Atom for example. The normal supercharged honda powered model would be a manageable, fun, fast-but-not-scary-fast car that would probably fall in like upper-B or lower-A class. Instead we got the 500 which is stupidly overpowered and ends up in R or whatever. Apply the same mentality to the whole car list and suddenly it's tough to find new (in terms of age) cars in the D-B classes that are well-balanced.

I think this was why earlier versions of Gran Turismo had such high appeal. Sure, you could get a top-level Honda Civic Type-R, but you could also get lower trim models as well (in all available body types, no less).

Like Chippy said, I think additional model or trims is good if there is a difference in the car mechanics, such as offering a regular Mustang GT along with the Shelby so that it gives us different options for tuning and classification.

However, I'm not for what GT does in that you get 20 varieties of Miata all with the same engine and different visual trims. That is just a waste of space.

Now that we have the Mustang, Rolls, Astra, 2 x Infiniti cars and the Renault Spark. What is next???? Is that it until Horizon 2? Happy to hear your thoughts...

How about the Forza Horizon 2 Launch Pack for Forza 5, Free with the Day One edition of FH2 :D. Includes the:
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
1973 Ford Capri RS3100
2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4
1969 Lancia Fulvia 1.6 HF Rallye
1992 Nissan Silvia Club K's
1949 Mercury Eight
1973 Renault Alpine A110 1600S
1963 Volkswagen Typ 2 De Luxe

I get the feeling we've seen DLC run its course in FM5.

I believe you may be right because I'm about 99 44/100% sure that Turn 10 is probably already working on FM6. They will obviously need more new content to sell a sequel, can't give it all away now for FM5.

I believe you may be right because I'm about 99 44/100% sure that Turn 10 is probably already working on FM6. They will obviously need more new content to sell a sequel, can't give it all away now for FM5.
Oh well it was a good ride while it lasted. Loved the most recent content.

Forza 5 is not yet a year old, and there is a lot of content that could be added back in. Considering the imminent arrival of games like Project cars and the like, Turn 10 would hopefully not decide to put this game in park this early in it's cycle. DLC = revenue and extends the game, no DLC, no revenue.

Forza 5 is not yet a year old, and there is a lot of content that could be added back in. Considering the imminent arrival of games like Project cars and the like, Turn 10 would hopefully not decide to put this game in park this early in it's cycle. DLC = revenue and extends the game, no DLC, no revenue.
Well lets hope so. Fingers crossed.

Back