Next DLC

• Thread starter symo63
  • 104 comments
Even if we've seen the last of monthly installments of DLC I'm sure we'll still see plenty of DLC packs. Turn 10 is now on a cycle of releasing a new Forza Motorsport(alternating with Horizon) every other year so we won't be seeing FM6 till late 2015 likely. I'm sure they'll keep content coming our way and money coming their way(which I've got no problem with :-))

Even if we've seen the last of monthly installments of DLC I'm sure we'll still see plenty of DLC packs. Turn 10 is now on a cycle of releasing a new Forza Motorsport(alternating with Horizon) every other year so we won't be seeing FM6 till late 2015 likely. I'm sure they'll keep content coming our way and money coming their way(which I've got no problem with :-))
How do you explain us getting DLC packs if the monthly releases are done since those were the DLC packs?

The only thing I could see is the track packs & I doubt there'll be "plenty" of them, and 1 or 2 cars released per promotion (such as the confirmed Infiniti).

How do you explain us getting DLC packs if the monthly releases are done since those were the DLC packs?

The only thing I could see is the track packs & I doubt there'll be "plenty" of them, and 1 or 2 cars released per promotion (such as the confirmed Infiniti).

I guess we'll see but each DLC pack is Millions in revenue to Turn 10 especially since the Car Pack is finished. A educated guess is they will continue to make more on top of the small manufacturer ones. Of course I'm just speculating but so are you :-)

I guess we'll see but each DLC pack is Millions in revenue to Turn 10 especially since the Car Pack is finished. A educated guess is they will continue to make more on top of the small manufacturer ones. Of course I'm just speculating but so are you :-)
Even if that's true, there's zero reason to keep dumping the money back in developing for another pack instead of FM6 by this point, seeing as Horizon 2 is just around the corner.

The only ones they will make more of are likely the Track packs containing 5 cars & again, I highly doubt those will start rolling out now. No more monthly DLC packs pretty much means no more packs in general.

Even if that's true, there's zero reason to keep dumping the money back in developing for another pack instead of FM6 by this point, seeing as Horizon 2 is just around the corner.

The only ones they will make more of are likely the Track packs containing 5 cars & again, I highly doubt those will start rolling out now. No more monthly DLC packs pretty much means no more packs in general.

I guess we'll see....

And FYI FM4 had 13(one is the Porsche) car packs released on top of the Limited Edition and VIP packs that spanned a full year. I would guess that FM5 will follow the same model.

And FM4 had a season pass that included 6 monthly packs...

Last edited:
Maybe their plan is to release dual Horizon and FM5 DLC packs. Might explain the number of returning cars from previous Forzas being at least half of all DLC so far?

They definitely seem much more consumer focused on DLC now, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

I guess we'll see....

And FYI FM4 had 13(one is the Porsche) car packs released on top of the Limited Edition and VIP packs that spanned a full year. I would guess that FM5 will follow the same model.

And FM4 had a season pass that included 6 monthly packs...
Because FM4 promised monthly DLC for a full year, so obviously there were at least 12 packs to be expected. How you guess FM5 will follow that same model when they just said July was the last monthly DLC baffles me.

Because FM4 promised monthly DLC for a full year, so obviously there were at least 12 packs to be expected. How you guess FM5 will follow that same model when they just said July was the last monthly DLC baffles me.
you are right, but on the other hand they have declared that "they are not finished yet" (regarding extra content), whatever that may mean.

you are right, but on the other hand they have declared that "they are not finished yet" (regarding extra content), whatever that may mean.
It likely means something like the Infiniti DLC & possibly another track DLC as that what would still be content "they are not finished" with yet.

We're both speculating that's the only thing that IS CERTAIN HERE...them saying that's the end of monthly DLC could mean they will release something every other month or on a different schedule. You might be right and I might be right as well. I'll drop it there with I guess we'll see. I personally believe they will still getting out more DLC in order to maximize profits until Horizon 2 hits the streets like they've done before. And I don't remember them promising us a full year of DLC past the Season pass. But I could be wrong....

We're both speculating that's the only thing that IS CERTAIN HERE...them saying that's the end of monthly DLC could mean they will release something every other month or on a different schedule. You might be right and I might be right as well. I'll drop it there with I guess we'll see.
There is no speculating on my part. You guess FM5 will follow the same model as FM4. It won't, now that they have said no more monthly DLC after 8 months (which was extended by 2 months, thus originally 6 months). What was FM4's model? Monthly DLC for a year. FM5 stopped following FM4's DLC model the moment they released a free track w/ 5 cars into the mix as well.
I personally believe they will still getting out more DLC in order to maximize profits until Horizon 2 hits the streets like they've done before. And I don't remember them promising us a full year of DLC past the Season pass. But I could be wrong....
I never said they wouldn't be, either.

It likely means something like the Infiniti DLC & possibly another track DLC as that what would still be content "they are not finished" with yet.
nah, they wouldnt say that only for the infinity pack.

about tracks, we do know -it was our initial discovery to be exact- that they have scanned the monza track.
it was through an official monza track blog that was mentioned in a video that "microsoft was there scanning", and the video showed the equipment where we noticed the "smartgeometrics" stickers and searched on them and found the entire trackset. :)

so monza I think we are getting for sure. and the impossible thing to happen -but fantastic should it happen, is that monza geographically also fits in the north italian area that horizon 2 covers..... :)

about tracks, we do know -it was our initial discovery to be exact- that they have scanned the monza track.
it was through an official monza track blog that was mentioned in a video that "microsoft was there scanning", and the video showed the equipment where we noticed the "smartgeometrics" stickers and searched on them and found the entire trackset. :)

so monza I think we are getting for sure. and the impossible thing to happen -but fantastic should it happen, is that monza geographically also fits in the north italian area that horizon 2 covers..... :)
I didn't say the Infiniti pack. I said like the Infiniti pack. Promotional packs, nothing more.

You're free to get your hopes up, though.

Hmmm... it was ME who found about the Monza track being scanned, and it was the folks at NeoGAF who noticed the SmartGeoMetrics stickers on the equipment, so I don't get why do you say "our discovery" or "we noticed"...

VXR
They've added a track to the series FoC and upgraded the Nordschleife alongside Road America, and added Forzavista. It's not like they've done nothing in between 4 and 5.

Yeah, they added a few thing's and got rid of about half the content that was in Forza 4. Sorry, but not sure how anyone can justify that.

Because I'd rather play Forza 5 and its better physics and decent content than Forza 4's dated handling but OTT reliance on legacy content.

Yeah we lost a lot, but hey, at least we finally have open wheelers of all types, handling that will bite you if you drive like an oaf and a decent Nordschleife at last.

Hmmm... it was ME who found about the Monza track being scanned, and it was the folks at NeoGAF who noticed the SmartGeoMetrics stickers on the equipment, so I don't get why do you say "our discovery" or "we noticed"...
well Sparcs, I use plural because I refer to the forza community in which I am part of. you know, those lunatics that bother themselves too much with the game :)

but if you like specifics, I am that dude on neogaf too. the one that caught the sticker and made the connection ;)

VXR
Because I'd rather play Forza 5 and its better physics and decent content than Forza 4's dated handling but OTT reliance on legacy content.

Yeah we lost a lot, but hey, at least we finally have open wheelers of all types, handling that will bite you if you drive like an oaf and a decent Nordschleife at last.
we knew that we where going to have less stuff, because we knew they were not doing a "remaster", but a whole new thing.
the good thing is that it proved to be a very-very good tradeoff, plus they covered the holes pretty effectively.

I didn't say the Infiniti pack. I said like the Infiniti pack. Promotional packs, nothing more.

You're free to get your hopes up, though.
since we are all speculating, and in the best interest of all of us, I hope I am right and you are wrong :D

for example, last year in gamescom they declared the laser-sccanned spa...
gamescom '14 is right around the corner, and I guess they will be promoting horizon2 there too.

Last edited:
VXR

Not only that, we had it back in November when there were no other racing games out on Next Gen besides NFS Most Wanted '13.

The last seven months of Forza gameplay have been all the justification I need.

I actually just ordered the Xbox One and I'll be picking up Forza 5 with it. I'm pretty disappointed that a lot of the race cars from Forza 4 didn't make it into Forza 5 :( They took so much content out. You think they would have added content to Forza 5, not gotten rid of content.
That is the exact reason I have not purchased F5 yet. Its the only Forza game I didn't by at launch. Fast forward a year later and I will probably get it bundled with the X1. Just a shame they removed so many tracks and cars from F4 to make F5. I still love F4 so I have no plans to get rid of that at all.

guys, once you start playing, the LAST thing you will feel is disappointment. :D
and you can quote me on that.
new physics/sound, laser scanned tracks, and the significant bump in resolution and spice-up of the graphics, these are ingredients that do not spell out <<disappointment>>, no matter how you try

and since no forza ever before 5 had laser scanned tracks, if we want to be correct in what we say, they cant remove something that they never had on the first place, can they?
I mean, everybody can look back now for example and decide if the 6 months waiting period was justified for the nurburgring.
You know that they could spruce-up what they had and serve it to us again in f5. I think they could even do that on day 1, and with much less work than what they did.
but would you prefer that instead of the deal you got?

well Sparcs, I use plural because I refer to the forza community in which I am part of. you know, those lunatics that bother themselves too much with the game :)

but if you like specifics, I am that dude on neogaf too. the one that caught the sticker and made the connection ;)
No worries then. I'm a bit picky with this because I have seen people trying to take credit for the discovery like it was some kind of badge of honor.

you understand who I am though, right? I'm petran ;)
and by the way, since we are talking about credits, your discovery of that monza video helped all of us solve riddles that would take many months of hard work.

back then, we pretty much had a laser scanned roster figured out & ready, waaay before t10 even thought about starting to announce :D

That is the exact reason I have not purchased F5 yet. Its the only Forza game I didn't by at launch. Fast forward a year later and I will probably get it bundled with the X1. Just a shame they removed so many tracks and cars from F4 to make F5. I still love F4 so I have no plans to get rid of that at all.

Forza always appealed to me for all the actual race cars they have, unlike Gran Turismo. Forza 5 got rid of so many of the awesome race cars that were in Forza 4. What a shame. If you're gonna butcher the car list, at least add more tracks... Haha

Games don't make themselves. It takes people. People like to get paid. I'm not sure if there is any simpler way to explain this.
I think you may need to search for a simpler way because it doesn't seem to be getting through. ;)

Yeah, they added a few thing's and got rid of about half the content that was in Forza 4. Sorry, but not sure how anyone can justify that.

If you play the game is fully justified. They made a new next gen SIM from the ground up. So almost all data and content from the old generation was tossed out and redone. If you drive the new laser scanned tracks vs the old ones then there's no question how much better FM5 is over FM4.

Not a big fan of the youtuber himself (much better forza youtubers out there) but that atleast confirms they are coming to Forza 5 at some point, maybe an August/September car pack? With Monza maybe? ;)

guys, once you start playing, the LAST thing you will feel is disappointment. :D
and you can quote me on that.
new physics/sound, laser scanned tracks, and the significant bump in resolution and spice-up of the graphics, these are ingredients that do not spell out <<disappointment>>, no matter how you try

The FFB is dreadful though for wheel users. Easily the worst FFB of any racing game/sim I own, PC or console, which is real bummer because I love the Forza series and I love using my wheel.

The FFB is dreadful though for wheel users. Easily the worst FFB of any racing game/sim I own, PC or console, which is real bummer because I love the Forza series and I love using my wheel.

Sorry I don't agree with that at all. My TX with the GTE wheel works much better with FM5 than any experience I had with FM4 or GT5 with my Fanatec GT2

Back