Next DLC

• Thread starter symo63
  • 104 comments
Australia
VIC
theroy1963
symo63
There have been some hints from T10 that there is more DLC to come for FM5.

I started this thread to discuss everyone's needs for what is wanted in the DLC.

We already know about the Infiniti DLC in August. I mean what I want is a NASCAR DLC, I mean at least one model of the gen-6 ride.

A few cars from Forza 4 I'm disappointed didn't get into 5 I would like to see like the Vauxhall Lotus Carlton and Alfa 155

Manufactures like Saab, Seat and Volvo to me anyway would be a welcome return

Plus let's get some Skoda's in the game.. The Fabia and Octavia VRS's would be great editions to the game

While we're wishing for the moon I'd love this small runabout Suzuki from the GT series.

1.jpg

Yes as an Infiniti owner I'm excited about that DLC but I certainly hope there's a full pack as well...

They already stated that the July pack was the last monthly DLC, so don't expect anything more for August besides the free Infiniti DLC...

They already stated that the July pack was the last monthly DLC, so don't expect anything more for August besides the free Infiniti DLC...
The last car pack for the season pass has been confirmed, but at the release of the Hot wheels car pack, but HeliosT10 from the official forums posted this
Yes! Plus this car pack is just the beginning of our partnership with Hot Wheels. Expect more news on what that will entail in the future as well :)

I mean what I want is a NASCAR DLC, I mean at least one model of the gen-6 ride.

I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't either a Sprint Cup car or at least a generic "stock car" like there was in previous games. I tried finding a saloon car with adequate weight for me to try getting the power and weight in the ballpark of a Cup car, but my results were pretty underwhelming.

I actually just ordered the Xbox One and I'll be picking up Forza 5 with it. I'm pretty disappointed that a lot of the race cars from Forza 4 didn't make it into Forza 5 :( They took so much content out. You think they would have added content to Forza 5, not gotten rid of content.

I actually just ordered the Xbox One and I'll be picking up Forza 5 with it. I'm pretty disappointed that a lot of the race cars from Forza 4 didn't make it into Forza 5 :( They took so much content out. You think they would have added content to Forza 5, not gotten rid of content.

Call me harsh but I am considering selling FM5 and the xb1 for precisely that reason,I have just gone back to FM4 and am liking it much better,FM5 just doesn't feel finished for me,good graphics but as you mentioned alot of content missing.:/

Call me harsh but I am considering selling FM5 and the xb1 for precisely that reason,I have just gone back to FM4 and am liking it much better,FM5 just doesn't feel finished for me,good graphics but as you mentioned alot of content missing.:/

Definitely seems like half a game. I'm pretty surprised at the lack of content in Forza 5. Hopefully there's more DLC coming.

Honestly I love FM5 and will take the better physics, laser scanned tracks, and much more detailed cars over more watered down quantity...it was necessary for them to redo almost everything for this game and the entire franchise will be so much better off for it. Quantity will come with FM6 I'm sure.

As for the next DLC let's see some more super cars...Gumpert Apollo, Zenvo, Mercedes SLS AMG Black Edition, Zonda R, and yes a Porsche pack would be amazing...I want to drive the 918 :-)

Call me harsh but I am considering selling FM5 and the xb1 for precisely that reason, I have just gone back to FM4 and am liking it much better, FM5 just doesn't feel finished for me, good graphics but as you mentioned alot of content missing :/
Your choice of course but bear in mind how you'll feel if FM6 is huge like FM4 :)

You've splashed out on the Xbox One now, might as well hang in there 👍

Last edited:
Your choice of course but bear in mind how you'll feel if FM6 is huge like FM4 :)

You've splashed out on the Xbox One now, might as well hang in there 👍
True, but GT3 was a good game on the ps2 even if it didn't have half the content GT2 did,and also the principle of buying back content I have already bought for FM4,but I do see your point,I'm not wholly decided yet,just exploring my options.👍

and also the principle of buying back content I have already bought for FM4

I don't understand this idea. They advertised and I got what I paid for, why do they owe me something that I paid for in an old game?

The only game I play that updates content and adds new content for no additional cost for me is a WWII air combat sim that I pay $15.99 a month to play.

The ONLY packs that I feel they should've given to us for free was the Road America and VIP one since the cars were there but just locked on release. Those two are just no for T10 but I'm honestly not bothered buying the car pass.

I truly don't understand why people are obligated to get these DLC cars for free. Sure they were in previous Forza games but that's it. If I applied that concept to GT6 or FM5, I should've gotten the entire game for free since the cards and tracks were in their previous games. It doesn't work that way.

I truly don't understand why people are obligated to get these DLC cars for free. Sure they were in previous Forza games but that's it.
Because other racers don't reintroduce old cars for a charge. Gt 6 did it only once with the XJR-9, and at least here there was a massive bump in quality.

The old cars really should have been added back in for free

If I applied that concept to GT6 or FM5, I should've gotten the entire game for free since the cards and tracks were in their previous games. It doesn't work that way.

People expect to pay again for this content because it is a new game. But to make people buy old cars in a dlc is a bit unfair because they have to pay twice over to use them. It's edging more towards exploitation than a fair purchase.

(Saying all this I did buy the car pass, but only because dlc greatly improved)

Because other racers don't reintroduce old cars for a charge. Gt 6 did it only once with the XJR-9, and at least here there was a massive bump in quality.

The old cars really should have been added back in for free

People expect to pay again for this content because it is a new game. But to make people buy old cars in a dlc is a bit unfair because they have to pay twice over to use them. It's edging more towards exploitation than a fair purchase.
Its business, T10 aren't going to give players 50+ cars for free, even if they were in previous games. I know people don't like what T10 do with it's DLC business practices but how else are they going to make a profit? They aren't even technically the same cars either. They had to be worked on for Forzavista functionality and to comply with an overall level if quality. It's a necessary sacrifice sadly but it is what it is.

What GT5 did with the XJR-9 was stupid as well. Instead of just replacing everyone's XJR-9s in their garages with the updated premium model they decide to charge for it, not to mention shoddy early DLC for GT5 as well.

Maybe it's just me. I didn't play enough of Forza 4 to get invested in it and drive all the on-disk cars.

Its business, T10 aren't going to give players 50+ cars for free, even if they were in previous games. I know people don't like what T10 do with it's DLC business practices but how else are they going to make a profit? They aren't even technically the same cars either. They had to be worked on for Forzavista functionality and to comply with an overall level if quality. It's a necessary sacrifice sadly but it is what it is.

What GT5 did with the XJR-9 was stupid as well. Instead of just replacing everyone's XJR-9s in their garages with the updated premium model they decide to charge for it, not to mention shoddy early DLC for GT5 as well.

Well at least t10 gave us 3 free tracks, adding the nordschleife for free was pretty sweet.
Plus some extra free cars for car pass holders was nice too, a lot of completely new models as well :)

They aren't even technically the same cars either. They had to be worked on for Forzavista functionality and to comply with an overall level if quality. It's a necessary sacrifice sadly but it is what it is.
All the cars that were in forza 4 that are in forza 5 went through the same process as well. By your logic we should be paying well over $500 for forza 5.

All the cars that were in forza 4 that are in forza 5 went through the same process as well. By your logic we should be paying well over $500 for forza 5.
When people say we are paying for updated content, they forget that's what you're paying for when you buy a new game.

@Gerarghini I know you aren't thinking this, I mean other people that argue this point :cheers:

Well we all have different opinions on the matter, :) I get where everyone is coming from; playing Forza 4 with a various cars you might enjoy like the Reventon or Audi R8 LMP, only to go to Forza 5 to see the car locked behind a paywall. I understand this.

Like I said, maybe I didn't use enough cars or spent enough time in Forza 4 for this DLC situation to become an issue for me. :indiff: That's why maybe I'm in the minority that has little issues with how DLC is handled in this game.

Don't get me wrong, there are way, WAY too many DLC cars in this game. :ill: To be precise there are 103 DLC cars in a game that comes with 200 or so stock. Only 3 of them are free, the Hondas. You could probably make a whole game using just those cars :indiff:

They've added a track to the series FoC and upgraded the Nordschleife alongside Road America, and added Forzavista. It's not like they've done nothing in between 4 and 5.

Well we all have different opinions on the matter, :) I get where everyone is coming from; playing Forza 4 with a various cars you might enjoy like the Reventon or Audi R8 LMP, only to go to Forza 5 to see the car locked behind a paywall. I understand this.

Like I said, maybe I didn't use enough cars or spent enough time in Forza 4 for this DLC situation to become an issue for me. :indiff: That's why maybe I'm in the minority that has little issues with how DLC is handled in this game.

Don't get me wrong, there are way, WAY too many DLC cars in this game. :ill: To be precise there are 103 DLC cars in a game that comes with 200 or so stock. Only 3 of them are free, the Hondas. You could probably make a whole game using just those cars :indiff:
If the dlc content is not ready for launch, I'm quite happy to buy lots of it when it does come :)

If the dlc content is not ready for launch, I'm quite happy to buy lots of it when it does come :)
I think if turn10 had partners paying them to put cars in the game then you guys would have way more free content. Alot of people praise GT6 for having all this free content being added but in reality they're getting paid to by the partnerships they've made to put cars in the game. If it was the other way around trust me we'd be paying for all those vgt cars and redbull track.

Back