Next Gran Turismo Sport Update Scheduled for March 12

...well, here is a little thing about you guys who are waiting for dynamic weather and time of the day.

Sadly it is not going to happen (although I wish I was wrong, 'couse I'm the one waiting for that too).

Facts are simple, let's look at two games that have that. First one is FM7, on PC it runs OK, if you have OK PC, but on xBOne, it runs OK if there is no rain, if there is rain FPS drops to 30 (instead if 60). So there is big toll to be payed in order for xBOne to run rain etc. And worst of all, I know many won't say it is true, but FM7 doesn't have full day night cycle, it has only something like 2-3h of sun movement (where shadows stay same all the time), so it is not dynamic at all... And the rain, well there is rain, but how much does it affect cars... not so much. But feature is there...
Other game is ACC, and in order to run rain on that sim, you'll have to have really beefy PC, and I doubt it will be available on PS4/xBOne at all... maybe next gen... maybe...

In order to make day and night cycle on GTS, shaders, AF and many many other things need to be redone, and even if they've did that, game would look like **** (sorry for that word). And in order to run weather effects in the game, well, fps would for sure go down a lot. Look at one example we have in game, in missions you can drive a rally car in rain and... well everything is wet for sure, but there is no rain at all... so I really doubt that we will see dynamic weather effects at all... And why making static rainy day, it doesn't bring anything new to the game... you can simply put lower grip tires and have same effect...

We will probably have weather and day/night cycle on GT, but it won't be on PS4...

Simple as that... over a year and a half have passed and nothing is said about that at all... You really think it will come? I hope, but, as it is now, I doubt...

...well, here is a little thing about you guys who are waiting for dynamic weather and time of the day.

Sadly it is not going to happen (although I wish I was wrong, 'couse I'm the one waiting for that too).

Facts are simple, let's look at two games that have that. First one is FM7, on PC it runs OK, if you have OK PC, but on xBOne, it runs OK if there is no rain, if there is rain FPS drops to 30 (instead if 60). So there is big toll to be payed in order for xBOne to run rain etc. And worst of all, I know many won't say it is true, but FM7 doesn't have full day night cycle, it has only something like 2-3h of sun movement (where shadows stay same all the time), so it is not dynamic at all... And the rain, well there is rain, but how much does it affect cars... not so much. But feature is there...
Other game is ACC, and in order to run rain on that sim, you'll have to have really beefy PC, and I doubt it will be available on PS4/xBOne at all... maybe next gen... maybe...

In order to make day and night cycle on GTS, shaders, AF and many many other things need to be redone, and even if they've did that, game would look like **** (sorry for that word). And in order to run weather effects in the game, well, fps would for sure go down a lot. Look at one example we have in game, in missions you can drive a rally car in rain and... well everything is wet for sure, but there is no rain at all... so I really doubt that we will see dynamic weather effects at all... And why making static rainy day, it doesn't bring anything new to the game... you can simply put lower grip tires and have same effect...

We will probably have weather and day/night cycle on GT, but it won't be on PS4...

Simple as that... over a year and a half have passed and nothing is said about that at all... You really think it will come? I hope, but, as it is now, I doubt...
You missed one on PS4. :D

However static weather is certainly possible on the PS4 and GTS.

Facts are simple, let's look at two games that have that. First one is FM7, on PC it runs OK, if you have OK PC, but on xBOne, it runs OK if there is no rain, if there is rain FPS drops to 30 (instead if 60)

I dont know where you have that from but when I play FM7 in the rain it keeps running at steady 60fps.

Watch this ;) go to 5 min and watch a full grid in rain running at 60fps.

@Scaff lol yeah pCARS... but you know how game looks vs GTS, even vs AC :)

@DonZonda donno what the deal is, but I know when game came out, there were some Graphic analytics that showed that basically it is doing 30fps... maybe something has changed... sorry if I am mistaken...

@Scaff lol yeah pCARS... but you know how game looks vs GTS, even vs AC :)
Yep, GTS looks better, however AC doesn't, and its certainly not like PC2 looks like its drawn with crayons.

BnPlLuf.jpg

UyVv5lM.jpg

Different devs, different design choices, but that doesn't change the fact that it can be done on the PS4.

Polyphony were still debating on whether to go with dynamic or static weather for GTS only a year ago, so obviously both are possible. Kaz said they can improve the quality with static so that's the route they're going for. I wonder how much progress they've made. It's been a year though so I hope someone asks Kaz if rain is still planned for GTS at the new FIA championship events.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...ien_und_die_Zukunft_der_Serie_gesprochen.html

"For the future, Yamauchi promises to expand its content with additional routes and vehicles. The starting signal for the start of the normal season operation should also not be too long in coming, after being able to duel only in test runs in the Nations Cup and the Manufacturers Cup on the track.

On demand, he also confirmed that in the future also rainy weather will catch up. Although currently being discussed within the studio, but apparently you will probably decide against a dynamic weather system.
Yamauchi explains the enormously high effort that such a feature would bring, since it is not just a visual effect, but also the grip on the surface would change dynamically and the line on the ideal line would have to dry faster, for example. Rather than taking all of these factors into account, he prefers to reproduce the difference between dry and wet conditions in the game as well as possible and believably, while at the same time ignoring the dynamic changes.
"​

Last edited:
It's cool...

We have, since GT Sport beginning, the pleasure to choose Rain Tyres... just wear it once, and you will have a strange feeling... WATER !! GIVE ME WATER !!

But a year after the game debut, you can say:
- Hey boy... I have rain and snow tyres boy. But no rain and snow condition boy... That's the real power... boy.

We do we even have a thread for a tiny update like this one? What is there to discuss?:lol:

Personally, dynamic weather would be a pain.

If it's going to be a wet race, let it be wet. I'd rather practice and race in the wet, then have no idea what I was going to face.

Last edited:
Personally, dynamic weather woudl be a pain.

If it's going to be a wet race, let it be wet. I'd rather practice and race in the wet, then have no idea what I was going to face.

Your inability to deal with a changing weather system doesn't constitute everyone else having to have static weather or not being able to handle or cope with the changes.
The fact that the weather changes is part of the sole reason why different weather is fun and challenging. "I don't wanna" isn't really a feature excluding argument.

Your inability to deal with a changing weather system doesn't constitute everyone else having to have static weather or not being able to handle or cope with the changes.
The fact that the weather changes is part of the sole reason why different weather is fun and challenging. "I don't wanna" isn't really a feature excluding argument.

No, it isn't, but a complete redesign of how the track environments are lit would be. As of right now, you pick the conditions and a wet race would fit into that. Changeable would mean dynamic lighting changes to the entire environment.

Also, why do proponents always assume it is a person's inability that's the issue? I'm pretty confident I'd be quite good in changeable weather. Probably better than you. None the less "I'm hoping for unpredictable track conditions" was said by no one ever in real life. They've said "I hope it's dry" or they've said "I hope it rains" but no one has ever said stated that they hope to have absolutely no clue what the conditions will be.

I'm saying that. In game life. This is a game by the way. I would like it if I didn't know what the conditions will be. I mean weather can be forecast to within a pretty good time frame but it would be great to be surprised. It's not happening in THIS game anyways but that is a feature I like that I liked in GT6 and nowadays in PC2 and other titles.

I don't know how long it's been going on ( this update or another ) but I noticed while spending an hour with the 911rs in an endurance race at Sarthe that there is body damage to the car.
Is this old news ?

I don't know how long it's been going on ( this update or another ) but I noticed while spending an hour with the 911rs in an endurance race at Sarthe that there is body damage to the car.
Is this old news ?
Is it not the dirt physics that's applied to the car once it runs in one race for a long time?

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed, spending most my time, over the years on this platform, alone, on the Nordshliefe :)
I've been inspired by Mr. Broadbent ( Bargain bin Murray Walker as he has described himself which I find an uncanny description ) and dig into endurance racing.

Last edited:
Yea that bug didn't add my points causing me to finish 12th in the manufacturer series for Renault when it could of been top 5 with mediocre finishes

Back