Next GT Sport Update Arrives July 31, Brings Four (Edit: FIVE!) New Cars

I don’t see how, the Miura in GT is the original prototype, not a standard run-of-the-mill Miura. If it was a regular Miura it’d still be valuable but not $10 million+ valuable. Espada definitely wouldn’t be as expensive.
Besides Espadas aren't even that expensive, these days they trade around for at most like 200 grand if they're absolutely pristine.

You are fake news

7nxDonK.gif

Not that interested in the S800 or the Civic but the Miata might be fun for one makes, or if it ends up in Group 4. The 930 will be fun though it probably won't be as dangerous as the real one.

It is probably a given that the Hot Hatch series is due two new races with this update but I hope the Civic is competitive for it!

We do certainly need something to make use of the large number of N100/200 cars, maybe the could bring back Japanese league championship or something along those lines?
A “Type R Meeting” Event would be nice.

The only one I have any interest in is the Mazda MX-5 TC. I did enjoy it in GT6.

I have made my feelings known about the recent car offerings before, so I'll not go into it again. Fingers crossed for a better August update...

This will be the 20th update since release, they passed the threshold for enough updates some time ago, but with a 2020 release for the PS5 and GT-Sport Two/GT7 unlikely to be a launch title, there is a bigger than normal chance that this game will be updated far into 2020.
They passed what threshold? I assume enough updates that you are happy with.
They never passed any threshold as far as I know of. I sure hope you're right and they continue well into 2020 because as of now I personally don't have any interest of purchasing a PS5. Especially with the quality of PC sims out there. I'm actually really surprised at just how far behind Gran Turismo Sport is other than the fact of graphics.
Here we are talking about 4 cars and we should be talking about making the game playable. Everything is a FWD car in this game physics wise.

Make Oversteer Great Again!!!

I've heard that the new C8 Corvette would debut as one of the yet mysterious cars in the next update.

I would not lose faith THAT quickly though. We still have around 197 cars left before we reached the aforementioned 500 cars Kaz promised us from the very beginning. Given PD's track record from their recent DLC content, it is going to take much more than 7 months to release all of them.

Yeah. Even if there were eight cars per update, at a rate of approximately one update per month, it'd still be over two years until they reach 500 cars. As a side-note, could someone remind me how many cars were in the vanilla version of GTS? Wasn't it a little over a hundred?

I believe 168 cars at launch.

The 500 was mentioned as a maximum. The actual quote was "In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars" which means people assuming 500 as opposed to 400 are being slightly optomistic.
Not surprisingly, it could be a reason why some people here started to believe and mention that there will be a few updates and few cars remaining for the game.

I don't know what this no-oversteer and unplayability talk is that I've been seeing. So much exaggeration going on there. You very much can easily oversteer and the game is very much still playable after that update. You shouldn't expect much oversteer when you're using RS and RSS tires all the time. RH and RM are the tires for you. Even then, they're racing tires so you should expect crazy levels of grip. You don't see real drivers struggling to accelerate out of every corner without fishtailing in their GT3's.

Some GT League thoughts 're the July update. All "educated guesses", just for a bit of fun.

Porsche 930 - I think they will add 2 more races to the Amateur Boxer Spirit event for this. Notably, the Toyota S800 from last month is also eligible for the Boxer Spirit event (even if it is not competitive obviously).

Civic AK47 - I think they will add 2 more races to the Amateur Hatchback event. Again, notably, the 2000 Clio in the last update is eligible for this Hatchback event as well and wins easily with its wide upgrade range.

Honda S800 - I think we might get a beginner event featuring just the two "800s" a bit like the VW Beetle and Sambabus event from before. Failing that, we may get a new event just for low power cars, but I think actually in my opinion we would be most likely to get back the old "Small Car" event, which had the limitations on car length and width. This could make use of a number of additions, including the 800s and the Kei cars.

Mazda TC - I think there will likely be a one make event, but I'm not sure if this will be in Professional level or a one-off Endurance race, like we had with the Red Bull last month. "1 hours of Tsukuba" in a Roadster TC anyone...? :lol::sly:

Lastly, I'm in the camp thinking there will be a new 15m or 20m car in this batch, probably a Pebble Beach car. If we do see one, I don't think this will come with any new races or events, as it will be eligible for the Pre 1979 event, and also the Ferrari one, if that is the car that appears.

Note, last month the only thing I got right in my guesses was the 2 new races in the Kei car event, which I guessed both the number of races and the tracks correctly for :D

I find it extremely disappointing that we only have 5-7 more updates. I suppose the GTS servers will be shutting down approximately 6 months after the last update too??

I find it extremely disappointing how stupidly speculative so many people on this forum are when they have absolutely zero information to base their pointless statements on. (sips tea).

So if you cared less you'd drop your phone and fall asleep which you didn't do so that means you care?
I'm confused.
Is it literally years ago? Literally? Not just years ago. lol
I guess I got the 15 bucks I put into it so I'm literally happy with that.

Seems like support is winding down and the focus is shifting to the next project, still the support PD has provided is quite unusual, especially for racing games, normally you would get a paid car pass for 6 months and then a game is left to die.

Seems like support is winding down and the focus is shifting to the next project, still the support PD has provided is quite unusual, especially for racing games, normally you would get a paid car pass for 6 months and then a game is left to die.
The weirdest part of all is that PD usually loves to shut down all online services and servers for any outgoing title just barely half a year or even lower than that after they have released a newer title.

Back