Next GT Sport Update Arrives July 31, Brings Four (Edit: FIVE!) New Cars

Just because the updates are free it doesn’t mean people aren’t allowed to voice their opinions if they don’t find it that interesting
Where did you get that? I wasn't even trying to point out that they shouldn't do that at all because I guarantee you that would be very boring.

If you're gonna ask me, I'm not that interested with the content of the upcoming update either but just because it's like that doesn't mean that I'm already supposed to act so hysterical about it in this thread.

Not that their opinion are wrong or right. But when you form an opinion based on some PSN leaks (E.G. Only 4 cars LOL) then I have problems with that.

Why not just wait atleast until the patch note is up, and then actually speculate. Dont overhype yet dont get too letdown over something that's not even fully revealed and confirmed yet.

Some GT League thoughts 're the July update. All "educated guesses", just for a bit of fun.

Porsche 930 - I think they will add 2 more races to the Amateur Boxer Spirit event for this. Notably, the Toyota S800 from last month is also eligible for the Boxer Spirit event (even if it is not competitive obviously).

Civic AK47 - I think they will add 2 more races to the Amateur Hatchback event. Again, notably, the 2000 Clio in the last update is eligible for this Hatchback event as well and wins easily with its wide upgrade range.

Honda S800 - I think we might get a beginner event featuring just the two "800s" a bit like the VW Beetle and Sambabus event from before. Failing that, we may get a new event just for low power cars, but I think actually in my opinion we would be most likely to get back the old "Small Car" event, which had the limitations on car length and width. This could make use of a number of additions, including the 800s and the Kei cars.

Mazda TC - I think there will likely be a one make event, but I'm not sure if this will be in Professional level or a one-off Endurance race, like we had with the Red Bull last month. "1 hours of Tsukuba" in a Roadster TC anyone...? :lol::sly:

Lastly, I'm in the camp thinking there will be a new 15m or 20m car in this batch, probably a Pebble Beach car. If we do see one, I don't think this will come with any new races or events, as it will be eligible for the Pre 1979 event, and also the Ferrari one, if that is the car that appears.

Note, last month the only thing I got right in my guesses was the 2 new races in the Kei car event, which I guessed both the number of races and the tracks correctly for :D

there are 7 races per event currently missing more than 60 races in the GT league

I think we will get updates until 2020 then it will most likely end. And its no speculation that more work goes to the next title. it has been confirmed in an interview with kaz

I find it extremely disappointing how stupidly speculative so many people on this forum are when they have absolutely zero information to base their pointless statements on. (sips tea).

Context buddy, context.
A thread in this forum is like an ongoing conversation, you cant just skip to the last page and completely understand the context of what is said without reading earlier replies and the quotes within them. My first reply to the updates ending included the quote that said updates were ending in early 2020, I was never one who claimed that updates would be ending soon, I said I was disappointed to hear they would be ending because somebody introduced this news. Several posts later when I discovered that some users were a little slow to pick up on conversations I also made a comment about everything on the interweb being truthful. Once again with high hope I expected some would understand my comments were tongue in cheek (which means joking) unfortunately that appears not to be the case.

Another 4 cars added to the game for free is fine by me whether I like them or not.

Can't wait to get that porsche though, VR time trials for a few hours will be the first thing I do.

I don't know what this no-oversteer and unplayability talk is that I've been seeing. So much exaggeration going on there. You very much can easily oversteer and the game is very much still playable after that update. You shouldn't expect much oversteer when you're using RS and RSS tires all the time. RH and RM are the tires for you. Even then, they're racing tires so you should expect crazy levels of grip. You don't see real drivers struggling to accelerate out of every corner without fishtailing in their GT3's.
The game's definitely not unplayable, but the race cars do feel weird for me. The reason real drivers don't fishtail their cars is because they're pros and most importantly they have advanced TC. But since TC in GTS only makes you slower, most people take it off, and you wouldn't have a planted 500+hp, 1300kg GT3 car every single time, without traction control.

Another problem, imo is the understeer, the cars should feel lighter and nimbler than they do. I think what causes it is the weight distribution, tyre model and the stock setups, because you get cars like the 458 GT3 which should be mostly stable on throttle and under braking (as long as you don't push it to the limits), since it's an MR GT3 car, but it just wants to do 360s everytime you touch a pedal (just ask David Perel, iirc he said in a video that the car's handling is completely off to its real life counterpart), and others like the RSR, which has the same layout but doesn't spin it's wheels, even if you floor the throttle from a standstill. And then the 919 which just goes straight on everytime you hit the gas because of the hybrid system. I haven't driven an LMP1 car, but I know having a 150hp electric engine on the front wheels of your 900kg race car, won't cause that type of understeer.

Since I'm no expert I won't claim any of my opinions as fact, but based on other sims I've played, onboards I've watched and more experienced people's opinions, I do think race cars feel quite off even if they're still enjoyable.

Looks like Catalunya to me
I don't think its Catalunya, if you look at an onboard, the background and the kerbs don't match up with the photo...

Last edited by a moderator:
And then the 919 which just goes straight on everytime you hit the gas because of the hybrid system. I haven't driven an LMP1 car, but I know having a 150hp electric engine on the front wheels of your 900kg race car, won't cause that type of understeer.

Try a closer to 500 bhp electric engine, because that's what the Porsche has. With perhaps 400 kg on the front wheels that's definitely a recipé for understeer.

https://www.loveforporsche.com/technical-specifications-porsche-919-hybrid-evo-919-hybrid-wec/

I’ve just found this on Reddit

Not sure if this is real or not? can’t tell what track that is from that angle

And the guy on the right looks like is going uphill before long right hander and following back straight, where the 2nd sector ends.

I'm still waiting on the tweet from "the boss" to confirm how many cars will be included. Could be posted anytime of course, but with the update being on Wednesday I thought we may see it this morning, as has sometimes happened in the past. Keep those eyes peeled folks, for when it does get posted...

PS I think @Lazybike was being sarcastic above... helps to add a :sly: to make the joke clearer.

I don’t necessarily buy into the assumption that smaller updates are happening because more development focus is on the next GT title.

My theory is that PD has made the DLC batches smaller so they can distribute content on a monthly basis for as long as possible. Otherwise they would soon run out of cars from the back catalogue, which so far have been a driving force for the DLC. By holding some eggs in the basket they can keep the GT hype consistently strong for many more months and take their time developing the next game.

I don’t necessarily buy into the assumption that smaller updates are happening because more development focus is on the next GT title.

My theory is that PD has made the DLC batches smaller so they can distribute content on a monthly basis for as long as possible. Otherwise they would soon run out of cars from the back catalogue, which so far have been a driving force for the DLC. By holding some eggs in the basket they can keep the GT hype consistently strong for many more months and take their time developing the next game.
Agreed. At the same time.. GT Sport is going to scale totally well with PS5 (X86, AMD GPU), they just need to offload some GPGPU stuff to the CPU and then make this beautiful game even prettier, throw in some bells and whistles and call it GT7 and continue monthly updates post that game release.
Honestly, PD has NEVER had an easier next gen transition than PS4-PS5.
I bet they have ALOT of content already made and are just scaling SOME down for GT Sport, for as long as possible.

This forum every single time an update leaks:

91EDI7zrnHL._SX466_.jpg

I'm still waiting on the tweet from "the boss" to confirm how many cars will be included. Could be posted anytime of course, but with the update being on Wednesday I thought we may see it this morning, as has sometimes happened in the past. Keep those eyes peeled folks, for when it does get posted...

PS I think @Lazybike was being sarcastic above... helps to add a :sly: to make the joke clearer.

Yeah I was just being a bit sarcastic...I'll remember the green face thing in future 👍

Back